Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Fight Night 9

Print  
  Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Losing Mir on this card really hurt, I was looking forward to that fight.

April is the best month for UFC though, two PPV's one for free, UFN, and the beginning of TUF. Lots of good fighting this month especially when you throw in Pride and Bodog, so I am ok with a little bit of a lackluster card

Your right Losing Mir is a big blow. Even though he has had several poor perfromacnes most people like him and want to see him rise again, myself included. Not only for his skill.

And i mean having a guy ona card that is the former champ sounds pretty good to uneducated fans.

Post #76   3/26/07 3:06:12PM   

Pinkalicous

MMA Regular

Pinkalicous Avatar

Career:234-166
Camp: Team Takedown
Chips:
Overall this card is lacking but i still cant wait to see Melvin Fight, he's deadly.
Joe Daddy is a great fighter too so i think this could be a great fight.

Post #77   3/29/07 1:47:04AM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:917-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:

Posted by Pinkalicous

Overall this card is lacking but i still cant wait to see Melvin Fight, he's deadly.
Joe Daddy is a great fighter too so i think this could be a great fight.

i feel the same. even if mir was on the card i was still thinking it wasn't the best.

Post #78   3/29/07 11:58:37AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
That was awesome. Melvin was just outclassed... Joe Daddy needs to fight someone for contender status, he's ready.

Post #79   4/5/07 9:47:48PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

That was awesome. Melvin was just outclassed... Joe Daddy needs to fight someone for contender status, he's ready.

I think he's already there... He should get a shot at the winner of Sherk / Franca

Post #80   4/5/07 10:12:23PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Chips:
I dunno, I'd like one more fight, maybe against Din Thomas.

Post #81   4/5/07 10:24:45PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Ha, Stevenson made Guillard look like a fool. This is why you don't talk too much sh*t before a fight.

Post #82   4/5/07 11:07:24PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I have to agree that he's next in line for a shot. The division is just sorting itself out, but so far he has shown as much right to #1 contendership as anyone. In a division with a little more order to it, I'd agree for a fighter with his experience he should fight one more time, but honestly he doesn't have much else to do as far as rising above a pack that is very tightly stacked. Who else should be next, I guess would be my question, if you don't think it's him. I thought Melvin would be next after winning this, why shouldn't Joe be next after beating him? This is the way I see it. Since I love these lighter divisions, I guess my next thing to really look to is the GP in PRIDE, that should be good no matter whether UFC fighters are included or not.

Edit: I just heard #1 has been assigned, so I guess that'd actually be the perfect #1 contender match.

Last edited 4/6/07 12:11AM server time by JimiMak
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #83   4/5/07 11:22:40PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Other than the Stevenson fight, this fight night sucked. The HW sucked, and the other two fights were not all that dynamic.

And damn, I thought there were a lof of decisions on fight nights, but man, ver half of the fights ended in decisions.

Post #84   4/5/07 11:22:59PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Chips:
Exactly, this is going on to be on par with what happen to Nate after he loss to Franklin. Joe hit it on the head at the start, Melvin is just relying on his talents instead of using them to take him to the next level. He needs to humble himself and learn standup isn't everything, and hopefully he takes that from this fight.

Man, Joe avoiding Melvin's air combo might have been the coolest thing ever. You could photoshop that to look like Joe was holding a punching bag, helping Mel train.

Post #85   4/5/07 11:23:21PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I thought Kenflo was damn impressive in his fight. The guy can take punishment for sure, his leg was damn near snapping and he got out of it to transition beautifully into a RNC.

I really enjoyed that fight alot and it was sweet watchin Stevenson just walk in completely calm knowing he had that fight and then boom 30 seconds and done

Post #86   4/6/07 12:15:11AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Other than the Stevenson fight, this fight night sucked. The HW sucked, and the other two fights were not all that dynamic.

And damn, I thought there were a lof of decisions on fight nights, but man, ver half of the fights ended in decisions.

I really enjoyed the Florian/MIshima fight

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #87   4/6/07 12:25:26AM   

Guerilla_maab

Learning to Sprawl

Guerilla_maab Avatar

Career:133-103
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
After he didnt touch gloves with Joe at the start, and tried to make himself look like Mr. Badass.. a few second into the match he got subbed.

For some reason I felt ashamed for him >.>

Post #88   4/6/07 12:26:50AM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Rush

I really enjoyed the Florian/MIshima fight

I agree, I thought this was the best fight of the night. Lopsided for most of the fight but entertaining, especially in the fashion that it was finished.

Did anyone notice KenFlo afterwards pretending to drink out of the unopened Xenergy can? He kept acting like he was sipping it and then he would wave his hands around and nothing would fly out of the can, and then he would go right back to pretending he was drinking it. Goddamn Xyience.

Post #89   4/6/07 12:32:04AM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:
The Mishima fight was good but Mishima looked pretty gassed after the first and just threw out wild strikes.
I think the worst mistake Melvin Guillard ever made was not touching gloves with Stevenson. Joe came in looking like he meant business and when Melvin did not touch gloves it looked like Joe blew a gasket.

Post #90   4/6/07 12:47:36AM   

Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7