Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Fight Night 9

Print  
  Page 4 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Momentosis

Seems as though, Joslin, Mir, and Torres are off the card. They've been removed from the card on the UFC website after being on their for quite some time.

I heard that Mir was off the card (my guess is they're going to set up a rematch with BigTim), but didn't hear about the rest... All rumors anyways, I guess...

Maybe they'll restructure the card... It does seem a little soft.

Post #46   3/8/07 11:01:50AM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Yeah, I heard. I will update the card when it is 100% certain though.

Disappointed that Mir and Joslin are out. Made the card much crappier.

Post #47   3/8/07 11:55:25AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Momentosis

Seems as though, Joslin, Mir, and Torres are off the card. They've been removed from the card on the UFC website after being on their for quite some time.

I heard that Mir was off the card (my guess is they're going to set up a rematch with BigTim), but didn't hear about the rest... All rumors anyways, I guess...

Maybe they'll restructure the card... It does seem a little soft.

I can't really see Tim and Mir fighting until Mir proves he's worthy of fighting the top HW's again. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Post #48   3/8/07 12:00:28PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:917-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
it is 100% he is off the fight card on the ufc websight.

Post #49   3/8/07 12:59:01PM   

Berti

MMA Regular

Berti Avatar

Career:1,652-935
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
i like wilson and hector, both those cats have some skill, should be a sloberknocker...

Post #50   3/8/07 5:18:00PM   

jrod

Learning to Sprawl

jrod Avatar

Career:785-529
Camp: Canadian Punishment
Chips:
UFC Fight Night 9.......i think it looks pretty good...before the fact that mir,joslin got pulled off...but its free mma

Yet we still complain geez.....stevenson vs guillard...two of the best at lightweight for the UFC. Two different styles but both very exciting and for some reason they both lost to Josh Neer at 170.

florian vs mishima....wow....this is one of the fights that florian is in that im excited for...mishima is much more talented than what we seen when he faught stevenson.Shoud be a ground display...with ne one of them slapping a sub...plus who doesnt love 155lb weight class. I just hope mishima lose because of a cut...from one the vicious elbows from florian.

TO BE HONEST....i was hopin to see mir vs hardonk on the main card cuz hardonk is an awesome striker AND mir u always hoep will pull out a win and turn his shit around. HOWEVER since mir has an elbow injury and Justin Mccully will take his spot it should not be on the main card.

WHY not put braga vs pellegrino another 155 lb showdown...especially leading into TUF 5 where all lightwights will be on the show OR Fickett vs Nakamura

PS......I CANT BELEIVE UFC 70 IS GUNNA BE FREE...

Post #51   3/10/07 10:00:25AM   

KentaFuji

Learning to Sprawl

KentaFuji Avatar

Career:91-39
Chips:

I know! Thats so awesome, i was wondering why there was no title fight on the card...but once i found out its gonna be free in America, i stopped caring!

As for this UFN, it could suprise, i think Stevenson vs Guillard is going to be awesome, Fickett is going to come ready to fight after his domination by Karo and KenFlo is always fun

Post #52   3/10/07 1:03:34PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by KentaFuji

I know! Thats so awesome, i was wondering why there was no title fight on the card...but once i found out its gonna be free in America, i stopped caring!

As for this UFN, it could suprise, i think Stevenson vs Guillard is going to be awesome, Fickett is going to come ready to fight after his domination by Karo and KenFlo is always fun

UFC 70 is Free? Are you kidding me? That Card looks like the shit. Not paying to see Cro Cop is awesome! not to mention Lyoto, Forrest and eveyone elese like Arlovski, Wedum, Gonzaga!

Post #53   3/10/07 7:32:17PM   

matt

Learning to Sprawl

matt Avatar

Career:19-22
Camp: Filipovic
Chips:
im not too excited about fight night 9... two fights im interested in but i will never turn down watching any mma fight

Post #54   3/10/07 11:53:04PM   

CincySaint

MMA Regular

CincySaint Avatar

Career:93-48
Chips:
Yeah this looks to be one of the weaker cards that the UFC has given us recently. Melvin and Joe will be very interesting though. I still cant pick one, I think Joe is the better all around fighter right now, but damn Melvin is a stud at 155, fast and strong. He may have a little bit better than a punchers chance in this one, but I just cant decide.
I really wish UFC would start showing all of the undercard fights, especially on the Pay Per Views.

Post #55   3/11/07 12:47:11AM   

MadDog

Learning to Sprawl

MadDog Avatar

Career:227-164
Camp: camp camero
Chips:
I'm hopein Joe Stevenson "KNOCKS OUT" Melvin Guillard in the 1st round,just to show all you,That Stevenson is the real deal...

And Frank Mir "wow"dropin out was the smartest, He's to fat to slow & is knowed for his LAZY moves....(lack of Heart in the ring)

Post #56   3/11/07 10:28:06PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Chips:

Posted by MadDog

I'm hopein Joe Stevenson "KNOCKS OUT" Melvin Guillard in the 1st round,just to show all you,That Stevenson is the real deal...

And Frank Mir "wow"dropin out was the smartest, He's to fat to slow & is knowed for his LAZY moves....(lack of Heart in the ring)

Melvin will KO Joe in the 1st.

I think this card has gone downhill though. It seems like a lot of fights have been dropped off. I understand the Mod not wanting to update it when fights arent confirmed. But i dont see the UFC having 9 fights on this card. I think since Mir dropped they wont get a replacement for Hardinok.

Post #57   3/12/07 10:05:31AM   

Momentosis

Learning to Sprawl

Momentosis Avatar

Career:99-61
Camp: Strictly MMA
Chips:
Card is complete.

Joe Stevenson vs. Melvin Guillard
Antoni Hardonk vs Justin McCully
Kenny Florian vs. Dokonjonosuke Mishima
Keita Nakamura vs. Drew Fickett
Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Forrest Petz
Wilson Gouveia vs. Seth Petruzelli
Kurt Pellegrino vs. Wander Braga
Roan Jucao vs. Rich Clementi
Thiago Tavares vs. Naoyuki Kotani

Mir replaced by McCully
Joslin replaced by Petz
Ramirez replaced by Petruzelli
Anthoney Torres replaced by Rich Clementi

Post #58   3/14/07 4:45:31PM   

CreamySmooth

Learning to Sprawl

CreamySmooth Avatar

Career:1,222-872
Chips:
Unfortunately, this is a disappointing card. However, it is what it is so that's what we got.

Post #59   3/14/07 5:40:44PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Since it's a fight night I'm fine with it. Free makes it all good to me. If it were a PPV , then I'm sure we would all be dissapointed, and it wouldn't sell much.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #60   3/14/07 10:38:55PM   

Page 4 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6     7