Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Elite 5/31 ticket sales strong

Print  
Posted By Message

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:
Looks like it will sell out.

Link

Post #1   5/16/08 11:07:09AM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Chips:
I love when Dana says that Kimbo was street fighting 3 months ago and that he is bad for the sport. Who is that new guy UFC just got? Only has 2 MMA fights just like Kimbo. Paid way more than any other fighter with a 2-0 record. The hypocracy of DW is amazing. Brock Lesnar is the same as Kimbo. A very marketable guy with questionable fighting credentials.

Dana is just mad that he couldn't get a deal done with CBS and Gary Shaw could.

Post #2   5/16/08 11:15:06AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,501-1,198
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
The difference is that Brock was given a real test and has real credentials with wrestling. Kimbo is a thug who is fed cans to beaf up his record.

By the way Brock lost.

You should really consider lightening up on the Dana White and UFC hating and go back to Sherdog where you would be considered a God.

Last edited 5/16/08 11:20AM server time by darnok
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/16/08 11:19:19AM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Chips:

Posted by Darnok

The difference is that Brock was given a real test and has real credentials with wrestling. Kimbo is a thug who is fed cans to beaf up his record.

By the way Brock lost.

You should really consider lightening up on the Dana White and UFC hating and go back to Sherdog where you would be considered a God.

I love UFC, I have ordered every ppv for last 3 years. I didn't get that one with no title fight.

Everyone hating on Kimbo is clearly got a bit of racism going. Why hate on a guy for getting paid? If you dislike Kimbo so much don't post in threads about him, you are only adding to the hype.

Some day Dana's behaviour will be bad for UFC and not good. He has done a lot of good but his ego is out of control.

Post #4   5/16/08 11:38:27AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,891-1,581
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Everyone hating on Kimbo is clearly got a bit of racism going.

And why is that? You really think nobody can find another reason to dislike someone? That's a ridiculous statement.

Why hate on a guy for getting paid? If you dislike Kimbo so much don't post in threads about him, you are only adding to the hype.

I actually happen to like Kimbo. I think he found the right trainer, is taking everything seriously, and is fairly humble considering the criticisms. The only think I haven't cared for from him thus far is him saying "tapping is for bitches"...that will come back to bite him in the ass one day. What I don't care for is how Gary Shaw promotes his fights. There is no way in hell that he should be the main event over a title fight...not ever. You criticize the UFC for promoting Lesnar in a similar fashion, but it was actually quite different...(1) he fought someone who would possess a challenge for him and (2) a title fight was the main event, regardless of Lesnar's drawing power.

Some day Dana's behaviour will be bad for UFC and not good. He has done a lot of good but his ego is out of control.

You should really take your own advice here. You keep questioning hate for Kimbo, yet you take a shot at Dana at every opportunity.

Post #5   5/16/08 12:15:37PM   

TWITA

MMA Regular

TWITA Avatar

Career:1,473-861
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

And why is that? You really think nobody can find another reason to dislike someone? That's a ridiculous statement.

Why hate on a guy for getting paid? If you dislike Kimbo so much don't post in threads about him, you are only adding to the hype.

I actually happen to like Kimbo. I think he found the right trainer, is taking everything seriously, and is fairly humble considering the criticisms. The only think I haven't cared for from him thus far is him saying "tapping is for bitches"...that will come back to bite him in the ass one day. What I don't care for is how Gary Shaw promotes his fights. There is no way in hell that he should be the main event over a title fight...not ever. You criticize the UFC for promoting Lesnar in a similar fashion, but it was actually quite different...(1) he fought someone who would possess a challenge for him and (2) a title fight was the main event, regardless of Lesnar's drawing power.

You should really take your own advice here. You keep questioning hate for Kimbo, yet you take a shot at Dana at every opportunity.

WOW!

Post #6   5/16/08 2:55:48PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,501-1,198
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Nicely said PROPS

Post #7   5/16/08 6:37:19PM