Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rate Pride 33

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
here is how I rate it down the list.

Card (matchups, quality of fighters on paper): B-

Fights (how things played out): A+ Shocking upsets made it great.

Announcing (ring announcer, et al): F MINUS! announcing that lady was just horrible.

Commentary (Barnett, Maceachern, et al): B- I agree it was pretty good.

Production (audio, camera work, graphics, etc): F+ I think all the lights, and stuff are a waste of money(Could of saved that money and spent it on advertising the event better). If i wanted to see that I'd go watch WWF. The audio wasn't the best either. Graphics and cut scenes where great though.

Officiating (referee decisions, judging): A+

Crowd: B Alot less booing :)

Overall: C+ maybe a B

I enjoyed it. The announcing lady was the most annoying thing for me pretty much.

Post #16   2/25/07 4:30:20PM   

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:

Posted by shackle

here is how I rate it down the list.

Card (matchups, quality of fighters on paper): B-

Fights (how things played out): A+ Shocking upsets made it great.

Announcing (ring announcer, et al): F MINUS! announcing that lady was just horrible.

Commentary (Barnett, Maceachern, et al): B- I agree it was pretty good.

Production (audio, camera work, graphics, etc): F+ I think all the lights, and stuff are a waste of money(Could of saved that money and spent it on advertising the event better). If i wanted to see that I'd go watch WWF. The audio wasn't the best either. Graphics and cut scenes where great though.

Officiating (referee decisions, judging): A+

Crowd: B Alot less booing :)

Overall: C+ maybe a B

I enjoyed it. The announcing lady was the most annoying thing for me pretty much.

Almost a perfect breakdown.
Though i give Barnett an A for comentating also with Trigg coming in after his fight.
I like the production but the sound sucked, It seems to work better in a bigger stadium.
Overall a B or maybe a low A
Because it was thouroghly entertaining for every fight.
Gomi better light a fire under his ass or he's off my stalker mail list.
I have repressed everything to do with the ring announcing and have no recolection of her at all.

Post #17   2/25/07 4:42:38PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
9 sounds good to me i have always been more entertained by the pride shows. but it may be that i have overated the talent. legit points have been made to support the argument for the ufc talent pool being comparable to pride. but i will stick to my guns that pride does a better job giving us competitive match ups. just look how hard it was to pick this event. dan henderson is the best in the world at 185. i have believed that for years.

Post #18   2/25/07 6:15:03PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Card (matchups, quality of fighters on paper): B+
Fights (how things played out): A-
Announcing (ring announcer, et al): C
Commentary (Barnett, Maceachern, et al): B
Production (audio, camera work, graphics, etc): D
Officiating (referee decisions, judging): A-
Crowd: C+

Overall: B+; 8 out of 10

Completely agree with your ratings. But this was the best Pride card in a long time! If things went the way there were suppose too on paper, it would of been a lackluster card, but thanks to the fighters tonight they came to win and show heart. The underdogs upsetted or proved to be no stepping stones. I think so far this year, Gomi vs. Diaz is fight of the year. I know we have many months left to determine fight of the year, but it should be on the voting list.

Post #19   2/25/07 6:16:11PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
BY Zephead
No. This pretty much proves that anything can happen in MMA. Just ask any fighter that has lost. How many undefeated fighters are there? Ask Rich Franklin. Matt Huges. Randy Coutre. All title holders, all lost recently. Ask the heavily favored Forrest Griffin.

This is NOT about which org. is better. It's about who is a better fighter on that night. What amazes me is, after every UFC and Pride card, it turns into a "The UFC is laughing now. Pride is laughing now" whinefest. Now that's laughable

Excellent point. This is not a pride vs UFC thing.

BY AchillesHeel
Card (matchups, quality of fighters on paper): B+
Fights (how things played out): A-
Announcing (ring announcer, et al): C
Commentary (Barnett, Maceachern, et al): B
Production (audio, camera work, graphics, etc): D
Officiating (referee decisions, judging): A-
Crowd: C+

Overall: B+; 8 out of 10

I agree with your ratings except the ring makes it worse to me. Everytime a fight gets stopped because someone is tangled in the ropes I grind my teeth.
The fact that they showed all the fight's evens it out for me though, so the grades are the same IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   2/25/07 6:47:10PM   

ButterBalls

Jiu-Jistu Bean

ButterBalls Avatar

Career:265-159
Chips:
Fantastic event IMO. Barnett's commentating was good, the fights were excellent, lots of upsets, and only 3 or 4 USA chants.

Post #21   2/25/07 7:01:55PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2