Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rate Pride 33

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Berti

MMA Regular

Berti Avatar

Career:1,652-935
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
if you had to give it a 1 threw 10, what would it be, i would give it an 9, there was alot of everything, dana white was pooping himself im sure...the changed the rankings up big time, been awhile since thats happen to that many top 10's.

Post #1   2/25/07 8:58:54AM   

ryderstrong69

MMA Regular

ryderstrong69 Avatar

Career:441-287
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
i think Dana was laughing his ass off, this event pretty much proved what Dana has been saying about the top pride fighters all along. Lil Nog got owned by a no body Silva got upset, Gomi got beat once again in a non title fight, and Miski got beat by Trigg, This event was made to showcase all of the fighters that lost. Whats funny is all the shit they did saying how Silva was the best 205er and ran all those clips putting Chuck down, I'll bet Sakubara is regretting that now

Post #2   2/25/07 9:45:37AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
i would give it a 9 also. it was a awesome show. Espically Diaz getting the gogoplata. I bet Dana White is running to make a contract offer to him now.

**** i hated losing so muhc money on a event and then liking it so much.

Post #3   2/25/07 10:00:05AM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
9 is definitely fair. Fantasy MMA leagues put a whole new spin on watching PPVs. That was probably the most gut-wrenching event I've ever watched.

Post #4   2/25/07 10:34:50AM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:

Posted by crimethinc

9 is definitely fair. Fantasy MMA leagues put a whole new spin on watching PPVs. That was probably the most gut-wrenching event I've ever watched.

I know what you mean, when Nog lost i was just like wtf, then like 5 more of my picks lost, it was crazy, and i didn't really like it :P

I give the night a 8/10.

Post #5   2/25/07 10:37:50AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by ryderstrong69

i think Dana was laughing his ass off, this event pretty much proved what Dana has been saying about the top pride fighters all along. Lil Nog got owned by a no body Silva got upset, Gomi got beat once again in a non title fight, and Miski got beat by Trigg, This event was made to showcase all of the fighters that lost. Whats funny is all the shit they did saying how Silva was the best 205er and ran all those clips putting Chuck down, I'll bet Sakubara is regretting that now

No. This pretty much proves that anything can happen in MMA. Just ask any fighter that has lost. How many undefeated fighters are there? Ask Rich Franklin. Matt Huges. Randy Coutre. All title holders, all lost recently. Ask the heavily favored Forrest Griffin.

This is NOT about which org. is better. It's about who is a better fighter on that night. What amazes me is, after every UFC and Pride card, it turns into a "The UFC is laughing now. Pride is laughing now" whinefest. Now that's laughable

Last edited 2/25/07 11:33AM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #6   2/25/07 10:52:42AM   

TroubleMan

MMA Regular

TroubleMan Avatar

Career:2,324-1,231
Chips:

9.5/10

The fights were all exciting. Barnett was great at commentating. The only thing off was the sound.

Post #7   2/25/07 11:31:59AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
Card (matchups, quality of fighters on paper): B+
Fights (how things played out): A-
Announcing (ring announcer, et al): C
Commentary (Barnett, Maceachern, et al): B
Production (audio, camera work, graphics, etc): D
Officiating (referee decisions, judging): A-
Crowd: C+

Overall: B+; 8 out of 10

Post #8   2/25/07 11:40:51AM   

Albertan

Learning to Sprawl

Albertan Avatar

Career:1,834-1,179
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:
Great night of fights definitly a 9 when I saw the pics of that black man I was like damn hes scary looking to make weight he must be like 5'6 to make weight I was wrong and everybody at 205 better watch out for that man.

Post #9   2/25/07 11:41:31AM   

DirtySouthBoss

MMA Regular

DirtySouthBoss Avatar

Career:18-21
Chips:
8/10 works. Ive only been watching MMA for about a year and a half but this was the best card to date for me by far. Ive never been so excited while being proven completely wrong. It went something like this

" This guy LiL Nog is soo tough and could be the best 205 lb fighter in the world, I feel bad for this........................................WTF "

Post #10   2/25/07 12:25:08PM   

Thalzaar

Learning to Sprawl

Thalzaar Avatar

Career:1,231-735
Camp: Mack Mafia Hitsquad
Chips:
I think this card was magnificent. I wasn't too excited about most of the fights, but after watching the event, things were very much more exciting that I anticipated. Probably one of the best events I've seen in such a long while. So many upsets and unpredictabilities. Lil' Nog getting KTFO? seriously, wtf.

Now, on the opposite side of that, being in the fantasy league had me hating the event, haha. I started out 2-0 on the first 2 fights and was thinking, hell yeah, i might just go 9-0 tonight. Then...*BAM* *BAM* 2-2 in about 15 minutes haha. Then i'd win one, then lose one. My heart was skipping up and down all night and none of the fight rounds or finishes happened that picked.

Post #11   2/25/07 12:34:58PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
I would give the Fights, themselves, a rating of 9/10. It is going to be hard to have 9 better fights in one night.

The production, however, was horrible. You couldn't understand half the clips because of the sound quality and echo. Ring announcers were horrible! Learn to pronounce their names dude. The chick has got to go, or at least tone it down a little. I understand the effect they are going for, but it just needs turned down a notch. Commentating was good though.

My biggest beef is this, if you are Pride and are coming into the USA to try to get the support of the fans, respect our country! You DO NOT play the Brazil national anthem AFTER the US's. That is just wrong. If the match was in Brazil it would have been fine. I don't care if Wandy was the Champ. It was completely disrespectful. I don't understand how they could have F-ed that up. The last national anthem played should be that of the host country, that is how it is always done.

Post #12   2/25/07 2:53:10PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I almost pissed myself when Diaz finished a CHAMP with a gogoplata. But I'd give it a 9, they showed all the fights, most of them were good with climatic finishes. Shoguns flying punch was sickkkkk

Post #13   2/25/07 3:47:36PM   

Kazmierz21

MMA Regular

Kazmierz21 Avatar

Career:729-446
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

I almost pissed myself when Diaz finished a CHAMP with a gogoplata. But I'd give it a 9, they showed all the fights, most of them were good with climatic finishes. Shoguns flying punch was sickkkkk

I've never seen one land like that before - that was a moneyshot - I think I give this one a 9 also - it was pretty much a great PPV that could've been a 10 but needed another big name heavyweight matchup to give it that push over the top - not quite sure what Pride was thinking - their second event in the states they should wanna blow the roof off - one of their greatest assets is their deep Heavyweight division and the only Heavy match they put on is Kharitonov

Post #14   2/25/07 4:19:13PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
what a great night. Lil nog underestimated this guy and got KTFO and im happy about that but if people say " see nog actually sucks, just like pride" then they deserve to be shot. i give it a 9 out of 10. better than any ufc in a long time, in fact that was one of the most exciting events of all time.

Post #15   2/25/07 4:26:37PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2