Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sam Stout Vs Rich Clementi

Print  
Posted By Message

89vision

In Full Mount

Career:98-46
Chips:
If anyone hasnt seen it yet
Fight Link

Post #1   5/15/08 6:52:54PM   

ufc88

Standup Guy

ufc88 Avatar

Career:1,156-666
Camp: UFC Pool 2010
Chips:
Stout won that fight 29-28

can some other people score it i wana see what people think

Post #2   5/15/08 9:53:01PM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Chips:
1st round - Clementi
2nd round - Stout
3rd round - Stout

Post #3   5/15/08 10:01:42PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
it really could have gone either way imo... clementi was just fortunate to have it go his that night. Sam Stout very easily could have walked away with the decision, but take downs even ineffectual ones seem to just count for too much

Post #4   5/16/08 3:51:15AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,023-1,136
Chips:
wouldv'e given the fight to stout if it wasent for those well executed takedowns clementi was dishing out, also he had very good standup. It was a close one, I was there live in mtl (changes nothing lol) however I did and still do have clementi winning 29-28

Last edited 5/16/08 6:26AM server time by D0wnUnd6e6r
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   5/16/08 6:25:41AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,486-872
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Clementi won the first round without a doubt.I would say though that Clemeti's standup might have been slightly,just slightly better than Stouts ground game defense,but damn I don't know.Stout effectively managed to stay out of major danger on the ground and always got back to his feet.I might have given the third round to Stout with the second round up in the air.Either one of those guys could have walked away the winner though.

I think a lot of this depends on how you believe a takedown should be scored.I'm kind of on the fence on it.I mean if a guy gets a takedown he should get a point,but if he does nothing with it (though Clementi was working,especialy in the first round) should he still get awarded for it?Then consider in the fact that if the opponent gets back to his feet the takedown was in vain.

BTW,is it just me or does Mike Goldberg sound better when he's commentating next to Kenflo?Not to take anything away from Rogan,but it seemed like more of a fluid combination.

Last edited 5/16/08 6:50AM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #6   5/16/08 6:45:13AM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Clementi won the first round without a doubt.I would say though that Clemeti's standup might have been slightly,just slightly better than Stouts ground game defense,but damn I don't know.Stout effectively managed to stay out of major danger on the ground and always got back to his feet.I might have given the third round to Stout with the second round up in the air.Either one of those guys could have walked away the winner though.

I think a lot of this depends on how you believe a takedown should be scored.I'm kind of on the fence on it.I mean if a guy gets a takedown he should get a point,but if he does nothing with it (though Clementi was working,especialy in the first round) should he still get awarded for it?Then consider in the fact that if the opponent gets back to his feet the takedown was in vain.

BTW,is it just me or does Mike Goldberg sound better when he's commentating next to Kenflo?Not to take anything away from Rogan,but it seemed like more of a fluid combination.

good point on the topic of how takedowns should scored, also if the person dosnt do anything but take you down and not try for any GnP or subs he gets lesser points after awhile maybe even taking away points.

Post #7   5/18/08 7:49:29PM