Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Amir Sadollah's TUF 7 blog (Episode 7)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

PunchyMcGee

MMA Regular

PunchyMcGee Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Check out what Amir had to say aabout Episode 7:

http://punch.freedomblogging.com/2008/05/15/amir-sadollahs-ultimate-fighter-blog-episode-7/

Post #1   5/15/08 3:26:30AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Amir showed alot of heart in his fight last night. The guy got visciously slammed quite a few times. Some of the fighters probably would have given up. But man did that kid keep figthing. He's really impressing me for not having a single professional MMA bout before the show. Whew, and tempers a flairing between Forrest and Rampage now. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Post #2   5/15/08 7:13:15AM   

xxdeadpoolxx

MMA Regular

xxdeadpoolxx Avatar

Career:890-595
Camp: Rocky Mountain Wrecking Crew
Chips:
Were is Amir from before this was he a kick boxer?

Post #3   5/15/08 9:13:32AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I think this should be considered a spoiler and I'm not happy that it was on the front page in bold letters a matter of hours after the episode aired.

There should be at least a 24 hour period before stuff like this is put up on the front page.

Post #4   5/15/08 9:24:27AM   

FantasyFighter

MMA Regular

FantasyFighter Avatar

Career:238-145
Camp: MMA Legends
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I think this should be considered a spoiler and I'm not happy that it was on the front page in bold letters a matter of hours after the episode aired.

There should be at least a 24 hour period before stuff like this is put up on the front page.

As far as I understand it, it says nothing about whether he won or lost. Just his comments on this episode. I believe even if he had lost he would still have posted his thoughts on what happened. In other words, not a spoiler.

Post #5   5/15/08 10:00:26AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
no but the very fact that his blog is posted the day after his fight indicates very strongly that he won. The only blogs I ever see of TUF fighters are the blogs of winning fighters. Mac danzig's blog was popular last season, it's just obvious. I saw that headline and I knew immediately that he won his fight.

It's not really that big of a deal, but it kind of sucks to have the outcome ruined. It would be nice to wait just one day.

Post #6   5/15/08 10:51:51AM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Career:719-395
Camp: SSU Combat Club
Chips:
My pick at the start of this TUF was Dolloway over Harris in the finals...

Last edited 5/15/08 12:59PM server time by vendetta
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   5/15/08 12:56:44PM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

The episode aired last night on cable tv. Come on man, if you haven't seen it yet, don't visit MMA websites with news postings all over the main page. Use your head.

Last edited 5/15/08 1:00PM server time by vendetta

Post #8   5/15/08 1:00:29PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by Aether

no but the very fact that his blog is posted the day after his fight indicates very strongly that he won. The only blogs I ever see of TUF fighters are the blogs of winning fighters. Mac danzig's blog was popular last season, it's just obvious. I saw that headline and I knew immediately that he won his fight.

It's not really that big of a deal, but it kind of sucks to have the outcome ruined. It would be nice to wait just one day.

Acutally, im pretty sure amir posts a blog after every episode, ive seen alot of them posted on this site. I saw it earlier and it didnt make me think he won. I actually just got through watching it, and the only way is can be considered a spoiler is if you opened it and read other peoples comments.

Actually, just looked in the related topics thing under the comments, and amirs blog for 4 and 5 are both there. Im pretty sure his blog gets posted in the new section every week though.

Last edited 5/15/08 1:40PM server time by aaronno9

Post #9   5/15/08 1:39:06PM   

xposipx

go vegan

xposipx Avatar

Career:2,740-1,523
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Aether

Acutally, im pretty sure amir posts a blog after every episode, ive seen alot of them posted on this site. I saw it earlier and it didnt make me think he won. I actually just got through watching it, and the only way is can be considered a spoiler is if you opened it and read other peoples comments.

Actually, just looked in the related topics thing under the comments, and amirs blog for 4 and 5 are both there. Im pretty sure his blog gets posted in the new section every week though.

True, Luke Zachrich's blog about his fight was up within minutes after his loss and he continues to write about each episode. This guy is over-reacting...guess he had a bad day or something.

Post #10   5/15/08 1:45:47PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Gerald Harris was a bad pick to fight Amir. Stylistically it may have made sense at the time, but I knew eventually those knees would connect on one of those patented double legs. I mean, seriously... did he have any takedowns (besides the slams) that weren't double legs?

Post #11   5/15/08 2:30:12PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Vendetta

Posted by Aether

The episode aired last night on cable tv. Come on man, if you haven't seen it yet, don't visit MMA websites with news postings all over the main page. Use your head.

This is my homepage, I did not intend to come to this site, I can't avoid it if I go to check my email though. Secondly this is a site that doesn't allow spoilers so I shouldn't have to try to avoid it. I know that it aired last night, I made the post early this morning, as I was about to watch the episode which had been tivo'd.

The sites rules state that spoilers are not allowed, and this is my homepage, drop the "use your head" nonsense. Like I said it wasn't a big deal I just would prefer not to see it so soon after the episode airs.

Post #12   5/15/08 3:26:17PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This is not a spoiler, he does a blog after every episode.

Post #13   5/15/08 3:28:15PM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Gerald Harris was a bad pick to fight Amir. Stylistically it may have made sense at the time, but I knew eventually those knees would connect on one of those patented double legs. I mean, seriously... did he have any takedowns (besides the slams) that weren't double legs?

It was a great fight pick, Harris has everything on Amir on paper, including a ton more experience. Amir hung in there, showed some heart, and landed the knee.

Power double is his style, of course he's got more takedowns than that. He took him down quite a few times, why change something that works? He also got slams off a couple of high crotches too.

Post #14   5/15/08 3:46:31PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
if he does a blog every week that's my mistake then. I took it to mean he won because I have only ever seen blogs posted of winning fighters. (even if they didn't win on the day of, this is all taped far in advance and then the blogs are released afterwards.)

Post #15   5/15/08 3:52:36PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2