Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito Ortiz: Life After the UFC

Print  
Who do you think Tito will sign with?
Elite XC 24 42%
Affliction 19 33%
Dream 1 2%
Wild Bill's Fight Night 4 7%
UFC again 7 12%
Other 2 4%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
***********: Tito, you do a million interviews - and with good reason, you're one of the most popular fighters of all time. So I have to ask...are you sick of giving interviews?

Tito Ortiz: No, you know, it's just part of the job. It's something that comes with the work and it's also something that I do very well. I'm not tired of them - I actually enjoy them. I always give good interviews and I have good answers for the fans.

***********: Have your fans stayed loyal with your impending UFC retirement or have you seen some drop off the bandwagon?

Tito Ortiz: Actually, I've seen my fan base increase. They've seen the true colors of Dana and they've seen that I'm not the only one saying something. Many fighters - Randy [Couture], Tim [Sylvia] - are talking about what Dana has been doing. Fans want to support me no matter where I go.

***********: And on that note, can you tell us what's next for you?

Tito Ortiz: Well, nothing official yet. As soon as this fight is over, I have a 30-day waiting period before I can negotiate.

***********: Which organizations are you interested in?

Tito Ortiz: Definitely EliteXC. Affliction seems to be building up well. And they just started with DREAM in Japan. Any organization that will respect me and promote me as the champion that I am.

Link

Last edited 5/13/08 3:21PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   5/13/08 2:26:56PM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,771-1,255
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
"Any organization that will respect me and promote me as the champion that I am. "

Don't you have to actually beat the champion to do that though. Last time I looked Tito din't come close to the Iceman. And Rampage would run straight through him.

Go away Tito, your as bad as the others you have mentioned. He's like a little kid, doesn't get his way so he throws his toys out of the cot...

Post #2   5/13/08 2:35:02PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Chips:
bad link

Post #3   5/13/08 3:05:46PM   

TWITA

MMA Regular

TWITA Avatar

Career:1,499-879
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I really used to like Tito but he seems to have gone the way of Mike Tyson - was a beast for a long period of time but then skills diminished later in his career (not too soon after Cus passed away). I think Tito will always be able to beat on the chumps but will never return to the upper tier of the 205's.

WAR - injecting more collagen nto JJ's lips

Post #4   5/13/08 3:14:27PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

bad link

the website keeps getting filtered for some reason

*************************/insight.html?newsitem_id=289

http:// www . m m a m a d n e s s . com/insight.html?newsitem_id=289

Last edited 5/13/08 3:23PM server time by grappler0000

Post #5   5/13/08 3:22:25PM   

Princeofpunk

Banned

Career:401-243
Chips:

Posted by snakeplissken

"Any organization that will respect me and promote me as the champion that I am. "

Don't you have to actually beat the champion to do that though. Last time I looked Tito din't come close to the Iceman. And Rampage would run straight through him.

Go away Tito, your as bad as the others you have mentioned. He's like a little kid, doesn't get his way so he throws his toys out of the cot...

Tito and rampage trained together for so long, Rampage came to tito, I think Tito can beat Rampage

Post #6   5/13/08 3:32:02PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I think that EliteXC will make a push to get Tito. He is popular among most MMA fans, and with their network tv deal he could really boost their popularity.

Post #7   5/13/08 4:04:28PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Chips:

Posted by Princeofpunk

Tito and rampage trained together for so long, Rampage came to tito, I think Tito can beat Rampage

How?

Post #8   5/13/08 4:08:28PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Princeofpunk

How?

Wasnt Chuck and Tito boys to...and look what happened there....Twice.

Post #9   5/13/08 4:15:47PM   

KingCreep

MMA Regular

KingCreep Avatar

Career:418-327
Chips:
go away with your terrible fighting style and plastic wife, you will NOT be missed tito.

Post #10   5/13/08 5:09:22PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Well just one more annoying interview with a has been that no one cares what happens to....I hope he signs with another org. and just get slaughtered...

Post #11   5/13/08 5:18:21PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Theres only three places I can realistically see him going. I'll list them in order of who I think will get him:

1. Affliction
2. UFC
3. Elite XC

The reason I think he might land with Affliction is because there signing up every big name they can right now. Tito Ortiz's name will give them a crowd of followers when he fights. The reason I put UFC 2nd is because if he beat Lyoto Machida (which I don't think he will) the absoultely have to resign him. Because that puts him right back in the title chase. Then Elite XC I really don't see them paying him the money he wants. But hey I've been suprised before.

Post #12   5/13/08 5:35:13PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Princeofpunk

How?

...Fail to see any way that tito could possibly beat Rampage.

anyways i think elite will make a big push to get him,since he would probably draw big in a CBS shows, and that would solidify their place in network TV. Affliction could be another contender if they are still around by the time tito is out.

Last edited 5/13/08 7:31PM server time by juanez13

Post #13   5/13/08 5:38:20PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:

Posted by whardin19

Theres only three places I can realistically see him going. I'll list them in order of who I think will get him:

1. Affliction
2. UFC
3. Elite XC

The reason I think he might land with Affliction is because there signing up every big name they can right now. Tito Ortiz's name will give them a crowd of followers when he fights. The reason I put UFC 2nd is because if he beat Lyoto Machida (which I don't think he will) the absoultely have to resign him. Because that puts him right back in the title chase. Then Elite XC I really don't see them paying him the money he wants. But hey I've been suprised before.

Look at how much EliteXC is paying guys like Kimbo. They are not an organization that is gonna stiff its valuable stars

Post #14   5/13/08 7:31:03PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by whardin19

1. Affliction
2. UFC
3. Elite XC

Look at how much EliteXC is paying guys like Kimbo. They are not an organization that is gonna stiff its valuable stars

they are paying Kimbo about 170k a fight, and Affliction is paying guys like Sylvia 800k and Fedor 1.5 Million, Tito in terms of popularity beats these two by a wide margin, If affliction is willing to pay that much to them, im sure they'll make a juicy offer to tito. However, by them spending that much money on those guys (fedor, sylvia, barnett) they will loose tons of money, since none of them have drawing power in the US. what im trying to say is that i dont think Affliction will be around for long so by the end of the day tito will end up in elite XC, but i think it will be affliction who get Tito first.

Last edited 5/13/08 7:38PM server time by juanez13

Post #15   5/13/08 7:36:51PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2