Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Does Chuck and Wandy go out the window?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Hendo's plan in the stand up was exactly what someone with good striking needs to do to counter Wandy's wild style. A straight punch. Hendo landed it multiple times. I'm not trying to make an argument, but Chucks stand up style would of probably put Wandy on the matt in the first, possible early second.

Any thoughts?

Last edited 2/25/07 3:07AM server time by aceprone
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/25/07 3:06:25AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Hendo's plan in the stand up was exactly what someone with good striking needs to do to counter Wandy's wild style. A straight punch. Hendo landed it multiple times. I'm not trying to make an argument, but Chucks stand up style would of probably put Wandy on the matt in the first, possible early second.

Any thoughts?

I agree....Wandy's style is very accessable to chucks Jab+Right uppercut combo...i think its a very bad match-up for Wandy

I was rooting and betting on Dan,but now i kinda feel sorry for Wandy,he has alot of heart so he will always have his fans..

as to the question,i doubt they would fight unless Chuck losses soon

but hey,if chuck really wants to fight him for talking smack he will still prolly ask dana to make it happen

now that he lost i am 100% sure he is coming to UFC and work his way up like Rampage

Last edited 2/25/07 3:13AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder

Post #2   2/25/07 3:10:37AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
They could still fight but Chuck would have to lose first. Wandy could come to the UFC now and make room for Rua in Pride, though I don't think he will beat Hendo the first time around. Chuck's big move now is Cro Cop, then Fedor. He would then want to fight the Rua/ Hendo winner before Wandy. This is assuming Wandy doesn't win the belt back( I wouldn't bet on it).

Chuck's new list: Cro Cop, Fedor, Rampage, Hendo/Rua winner.

Post #3   2/25/07 3:23:28AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I think the only thing thats changed is that if this fight goes down, Wandys paycheck just got WAY smaller.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #4   2/25/07 3:42:12AM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,799-1,099
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Dana didn't think Wandy deserved a shot after he lost to Cro Cop so its hard to say what he'll say now. It's possible he could see this as a chance to "put over" the UFC over Pride but the match has lost some major luster since Wandy stepped into the ocagon awhile ago. It sucks for Pride because they made all this hype about Wandy wanting to fight Chuck.

Post #5   2/25/07 4:01:03AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
"He just got his head kicked in" -Dana shouting back to a fan after the CC fight

"He just got knocked out by a MW" - Dana's probably reply now.

Unfortunately, IF this happens, A win by Chuck would be diminished by Wandy's possible lack of confidence. Personally, I think this fight should've happened last summer and now it'll go down like Saku/Rickson. I'd rather see Shogun/Chuck at this point.

Post #6   2/25/07 5:14:41AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I think the only thing thats changed is that if this fight goes down, Wandys paycheck just got WAY smaller.

Good point, but I still want to see it. Obviously Chuck's style is taylor made to Ko someone with Wandy's. Maybe these back to back Ko losses will make wandy more disciplined. Who knows? Eiher way the UFC could sell this fight, and it should get done easier now that Wandy doesn't have the belt. The only difference beeing Ramapge fight's Chuck first adn Wandy might have to have a tune-up fight in the UFC to re-introduce him to the casual fan. Give him Irvin, casual fans seem to think he's good for some weird reason, he looks the part, and he has about a 1 in a million chance to beat Wandy.
Then FINALLY CHUCK VS WANDY!

Last edited 2/25/07 5:50AM server time by hippysmacker

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   2/25/07 5:49:17AM   

brodieros

MMA Regular

brodieros Avatar

Career:101-69
Camp: Oklahoma Top Team
Chips:
Dana wouldn't let it happen when wandi lost to a heavyweight in an open weight tourny. So do you think he will allow him a shot at chuck when he can't even win in his own weight division? I'm guessing......not

It doesn't make much difference, coz if he can get caught by Dan (don't get me wrong Dan got a new fan in me, but he is no chuck) then he would be a 10 sec high light reel for Chuck.

Post #8   2/25/07 10:25:43AM   

DirtySouthBoss

MMA Regular

DirtySouthBoss Avatar

Career:18-21
Chips:
I think that we have all waited enough time to see Wandy v. Chuck, and now that I think about it I'm actually kind of glad that Wandy lost even though I got proven stupid about 1 million times last night.

1. I think its a perfect reason to go to the UFC now and much easier for him w/out the belt.

2. It probably sets up Hendo v. Shogun which is a great fight that Rua has deserved for too long.

Post #9   2/25/07 12:33:44PM   

brodieros

MMA Regular

brodieros Avatar

Career:101-69
Camp: Oklahoma Top Team
Chips:
If he does come to UFC he will have to fight to prove himself and by that time chuck will be heavy weight or retired. Dana isn't stupid UFC isn't one of the if not the biggest MMA organizations by accident it would take alot for wandi to get a shot now.

Post #10   2/25/07 12:41:51PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

"He just got his head kicked in" -Dana shouting back to a fan after the CC fight

Unfortunately, IF this happens, A win by Chuck would be diminished by Wandy's possible lack of confidence. Personally, I think this fight should've happened last summer and now it'll go down like Saku/Rickson. I'd rather see Shogun/Chuck at this point.

I've been saying this for months now. This is another Saku/Rickson. Shogun/Chuck has been more interesting, IMO, since Rua's GP win (if not before). They didn't fight in their primes, and that can't be changed. Chuck's level is still good enough to make for some interesting dream matches, but they need to happen fast. Wandy, i think, we are just watching the beginning of hiim not being up to par (for him). If they fight it will be when they're both too old, and no matter who wins (prob'ly Chuck) the other's fans will say "What if this had happened in 2000-2006?"

Post #11   2/25/07 12:54:47PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Manfred

I've been saying this for months now. This is another Saku/Rickson. Shogun/Chuck has been more interesting, IMO, since Rua's GP win (if not before). They didn't fight in their primes, and that can't be changed. Chuck's level is still good enough to make for some interesting dream matches, but they need to happen fast. Wandy, i think, we are just watching the beginning of hiim not being up to par (for him). If they fight it will be when they're both too old, and no matter who wins (prob'ly Chuck) the other's fans will say "What if this had happened in 2000-2006?"

Well here's a small counter argument to that, and that's the fact that Wandy is only 30. He technically hasn't hit his prime yet. So for him to be on a down slope right now isn't too good for his career. I know I've said this before, but I really think that knockout by Cro Cop really effective him. It's similar to "post tramadic stress," to a soldier. "The Crow," is another good example of this. Never the same. So actually right now would be the perfect time for Chuck to fight Wandy because subconciously Wandy is going to be afraid of getting knocked out. It would nail the coffin shut for sure. And yes, Wandy and Chuck should of happened this past year, before any of this.

But I do agree that a Chuck vs. Shogun is a better match up. Shogun is a more complete fighter then Wandy and he is on a role.

Last edited 2/25/07 2:07PM server time by aceprone

Post #12   2/25/07 2:06:36PM   

Kazmierz21

MMA Regular

Kazmierz21 Avatar

Career:729-446
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by brodieros

Dana wouldn't let it happen when wandi lost to a heavyweight in an open weight tourny. So do you think he will allow him a shot at chuck when he can't even win in his own weight division? I'm guessing......not

It doesn't make much difference, coz if he can get caught by Dan (don't get me wrong Dan got a new fan in me, but he is no chuck) then he would be a 10 sec high light reel for Chuck.

Hendo got one thing over Chuck to make up for the difference in size - Hendo does not get knocked out...ever

Even though I would still like to see Chuck v. Silva it has lost some luster as Silva seems to have lost a step from the beast he was 2-3 years ago - it has become blatantly obvious that all one needs to do to beat Silva is throw straight up the middle and don't let your hands down - the new showstopper would be a Chuck/Shogun matchup but I would also enjoy a Chuck/Hendo matchup if either was ever possible

Post #13   2/25/07 2:19:57PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by roadking95th

They could still fight but Chuck would have to lose first. Wandy could come to the UFC now and make room for Rua in Pride, though I don't think he will beat Hendo the first time around. Chuck's big move now is Cro Cop, then Fedor. He would then want to fight the Rua/ Hendo winner before Wandy. This is assuming Wandy doesn't win the belt back( I wouldn't bet on it).

I doubt chuck will move up to heavyweight to fight CroCop or Fedor... even with the current upsets in pride I still firmly believe that Fedor and CroCop would eat chuck alive.

Post #14   2/25/07 3:13:06PM   

Kazmierz21

MMA Regular

Kazmierz21 Avatar

Career:729-446
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by ManBeast

Posted by roadking95th

I doubt chuck will move up to heavyweight to fight CroCop or Fedor... even with the current upsets in pride I still firmly believe that Fedor and CroCop would eat chuck alive.

Fedor most certainly - Cro Cop v. Chuck would be kinda sick but I think in the end Cro Cop's size would prevail - Chuck wouldn't be used to getting hit as hard as that - a Chuck v. Big Nog match would be kinda sick too

Post #15   2/25/07 4:03:52PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3