Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What do the LW Rankings look like now?

Print  
Posted By Message

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Gomi got beaten by Diaz but does MMAth play a factor in this and allow Sherk to leap frog above both, even though he fought Diaz at 170? The top 3 is a tangled mess now.

Post #1   2/25/07 1:23:47AM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,776-1,088
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I really wonder what Wandy does from here; Dana didn't think Wandy deserved to fight Chuck after he lost to Cro Cop so I wonder what he will think now...Amazing night I'll go look at my rankings and go from there.

Post #2   2/25/07 1:28:11AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,458-907
Chips:

Posted by JoeMimic

I really wonder what Wandy does from here; Dana didn't think Wandy deserved to fight Chuck after he lost to Cro Cop so I wonder what he will think now...Amazing night I'll go look at my rankings and go from there.

Err, wrong post lol?

I'm stuck on what to do on the LW rankings now... Diaz was not even on my LW rankings but he just beat my #1 LW fighter. How many spots does a fighter deserve to drop from a loss? And how many spots does a fighter stand to gain from beating such a highly ranked fighter in their first fight in the division? I can't see moving Diaz up to the top of the pack here, and I can't see taking Gomi off the LW rankings all together.... so that leaves me still ranking Gomi higher than Diaz, which makes no sense after tonight

Post #3   2/25/07 1:30:38AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
I hope they give Nick a chance for the title

Post #4   2/25/07 1:30:48AM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,776-1,088
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Wandy dropped off of my P4P list; where goes Rogerio go; It's just crazy the amount of movement that we might see.

Post #5   2/25/07 1:32:04AM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
I put...
Chuck Number 1
Shogun Number 2
Wandy Number 3

Lightweight Gomi is still number 1

Post #6   2/25/07 1:42:16AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I had Gomi #2 and Sherk #3 at lightweight even though I have posted Sherk is a bad matchup for Gomi and would beat him. Luckily I had Aoki #1 and he just won againsy Kikuchi who I have in my top 10 welterweights. As for Gomi, I think I will drop him to 4th or 5th and squeeze Diaz in near the bottom of my top 10. I'm, not saying Diaz might not win the rematch title fight. It was a dominating performance, but I think in Japan with the home crowd, under pride rules Gomi will take it. Also, Gomi has a better resume of wins under his belt at that weight, which is the reason I ranked him ahead of Sherk in the first place .Past wins have to count for something . If I'm wrong I'm sure I will lose even more fantasy $ then I did tonight

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   2/25/07 1:45:33AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Your avatar/camp explain these rankings.

After pretty much getting schooled by diaz you still rank him #1.. it wasn't a lucky 1 hit KO. Being fair he should go down at least to 2-3 come on.

You shouldn't let nutthuggery get in the way of respecting other fighters If you care about MMA.

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

I put...
Chuck Number 1
Shogun Number 2
Wandy Number 3

Last edited 2/25/07 1:50AM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/25/07 1:49:31AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i dont think Diaz wants to stay at LW...I think he just wanted Gomi at lightweight to prove a point

is you all had Tivo and rewatched the gomi/diaz fight...that Knockdown Gomi caught diaz with didnt even daze diaz...it kinda rocked him a little but he simply layed on his back to avoid being hit again

i think that knockdown he scored got Gomi's adrenaline pumping and made him gas out quick

Post #9   2/25/07 1:52:53AM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by shackle

Your avatar/camp explain these rankings.

After pretty much getting schooled by diaz you still rank him #1.. it wasn't a lucky 1 hit KO. Being fair he should go down at least to 2-3 come on.

You shouldn't let nutthuggery get in the way of respecting other fighters If you care about MMA.

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

I put...
Chuck Number 1
Shogun Number 2
Wandy Number 3

ok then tell me who your top 3 Lightheavies are and your number 1 LW

Post #10   2/25/07 1:55:22AM   

Conebone69

Learning to Sprawl

Conebone69 Avatar

Career:834-472
Chips:
I have "Mach" in the top spot now.

Post #11   2/25/07 2:26:16AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by Conebone69

I have "Mach" in the top spot now.

I didn't go that far. I moved Mach up to #2 and Gomi to #3. I still have BJ at #1, which I know will get me a lot of grief. I then added Diaz at #5 for LW and #7 for WW.

Post #12   2/25/07 2:47:43AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by JoeMimic

Err, wrong post lol?

I'm stuck on what to do on the LW rankings now... Diaz was not even on my LW rankings but he just beat my #1 LW fighter. How many spots does a fighter deserve to drop from a loss? And how many spots does a fighter stand to gain from beating such a highly ranked fighter in their first fight in the division? I can't see moving Diaz up to the top of the pack here, and I can't see taking Gomi off the LW rankings all together.... so that leaves me still ranking Gomi higher than Diaz, which makes no sense after tonight

Hence why I won't fill out the rankings. If you could rank fighters, there would be no point in having them fight. Dennis Hallman probably isn't even in a Top 50, yet he has two wins over Hughes, whos in everyones Top 10. Its like apples and oranges, more often than not.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #13   2/25/07 2:55:50AM