Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hendo should be #1 pound for pound now

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
No dispespect to Fedor, GSP, Kid or anyone else people think is #1 LB for LB, but I have tor rank Hendo #1 now. No one has ever held 2 belts simultaneously in 2 wieght classes in one of the big 2 orgs. before. I had him ranked 9th coming in to this fight, but as soon as we start re-ranking he's #1 to me.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #1   2/25/07 12:58:53AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Makes sense. Can't believe he did what he did tonight. But if Fedor really wanted to he could drop down to 205 and turn it inside out, don't ya think?

Post #2   2/25/07 1:03:45AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Yep, and I beleive Fedor would beat Hendo, but pound for pound I take Hendo. No one has ever done anyhting like this

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   2/25/07 1:14:50AM   

RichBoy

MMA Regular

RichBoy Avatar

Career:387-201
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Not only has anyone done something like this. But Hendo did it in brutal fashion even though i was rooting for Wandy i gotta give Hendo lots of props. And i agree he should be ranked # 1 pound for pound.

Last edited 2/25/07 1:18AM server time by RichBoy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   2/25/07 1:17:41AM   

l2oger

Learning to Sprawl

l2oger Avatar

Career:31-30
Chips:
I'll wait till he adds 1 title defense under each belt. Then i'll say Hendo is something serious.

Post #5   2/25/07 2:24:07AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by l2oger

I'll wait till he adds 1 title defense under each belt. Then i'll say Hendo is something serious.

Cause we all know Hendo isn't proven agaisnt all comers. Sarcastic tone added.

Post #6   2/25/07 2:36:16AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
You convinced me Hippysmacker. I had already moved him up to #2, but you changed my mind. I'd give you props but the system won't let me. Can someone else do that for me.

Fedor better destroy Lindland to remain #1 in other peoples P4P rankings. The fight would be a better indicator if there was a catch weight of say 210lbs.

On a side note, I want to gloat....GRECO, GRECO, GRECO BABY!!!! thanks for baring with me.

Post #7   2/25/07 2:40:12AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Sweet a convert. I think Hendo will be #1 pound for pound soon on many big websites rankings also.

The Iron Code

Post #8   2/26/07 5:51:19AM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by l2oger

He's been something serious for a while now. I think adding another belt to his collection is something serious too...

Post #9   2/26/07 7:48:50AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
You would think after what he did, he would become #1. He will get my vote. What he did was history in the making. To be able to put on some weight and then TKO Wandy is unbelievable.

The misses had to calm me down. You would have thought my team won the Super Bowl. I went nuts. Henderson is not my favorite fighter. I took him to win, by desicion. But to watch what he did. To stand toe to toe and then drop Wandy was to much for me. I was jumping up and down and yelling. I love underdogs.

Hendo just proved what courage, heart and a belief in yourself and your team can do for you. MMA shows that anythings possible if you beleive.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #10   2/26/07 8:00:11AM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,144-715
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Hendo is #1 witha bulletttttt!!

Post #11   2/26/07 8:08:56AM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:
It was beyond impressive, but his recent loss to Misaki = not #1 p4p on my list.

Its not like that was a long time ago, or a fluke... I think Misaki won both thier fights... and look what Filho and Trigg did to Misaki.

HUGE props to hendo though, he's incredible.

Post #12   2/26/07 8:58:38AM   

Macho_Matt

Learning to Sprawl

Macho_Matt Avatar

Career:31-16
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
If Hendo can defend both titles successfully, then he will be pound for pound #1. For now Fedor is still #1. I am a huge Hendo fan, I picked him to win the fight, but I won't drop fedor just yet from his #1 throne.

Post #13   2/26/07 10:49:12AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

Makes sense. Can't believe he did what he did tonight. But if Fedor really wanted to he could drop down to 205 and turn it inside out, don't ya think?

This is why Fedor stays #1 on my list... Hendo def moves way up though... What a fight...

War Dan "Heavy Hands" Henderson

Post #14   2/26/07 11:36:34AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Menard_StC

It was beyond impressive, but his recent loss to Misaki = not #1 p4p on my list.

Its not like that was a long time ago, or a fluke... I think Misaki won both thier fights... and look what Filho and Trigg did to Misaki.

HUGE props to hendo though, he's incredible.

Well he won the first and lossed the 2nd Misaki fight officially. What Filho and Trigg did was take Masaki down and keep him down, although paulo tapped him . Hendo could have taken him down in either fight at any time , but chose to try ro prove his standup prowess and got outpointed ib the feet. Both fight's were close and Hendo was never hurt in either. He was just getting beat to the punch, I'm sure if it was for the title Hendo would have taken him down and worked the GnP . I understand your point, but if ever ( and I highly doubt it now) Misaki gets a third shot I definately beleive Dan would finish him now. Since Sean Tompkins has started working with team quest we've seen some shocks as far as their standup prowess has developed. First Lindland Koed Horn, then Hendo/Wandy and Sokodjou/Lil Nog. I think this newest version of team quest is evolving.Hendo is #1 to me, but I'm not saying he would beat Fedor, this is pound for pound.

The Iron Code

Post #15   2/26/07 4:29:43PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2