Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Cro Cop: I'm so hungry again and I enjoy my trainings and preparations

Print  
Posted By Message

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
Mirko Crocop has reported that he would like to fight at least 3 more times this year, as he puts the rumors to rest that he is injured from a training sessions. A quote from Mirko Crocop him self:

LINK

Last edited 5/9/08 6:37PM server time by porch28
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/9/08 3:10:56PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
Whose Ro Cop?

Anyways, good to see he's hungry. He needs to string together some good wins again!

Post #2   5/9/08 5:13:51PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
Haha thanks didn't see that. He's the new and improved RO COP coming this summer

Post #3   5/9/08 6:38:32PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Good to see he is hungry, but i have a hard time seeing how hes gonna beat Lebanner, its gonna be a hard fight for mirko (unless he lands a flush kick in the opening minute to lebanner's head)........but if he does pull it off, that defenately shows us that Mirko is back on track.

Post #4   5/9/08 6:42:06PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Good to see he is hungry, but i have a hard time seeing how hes gonna beat Lebanner, its gonna be a hard fight for mirko (unless he lands a flush kick in the opening minute to lebanner's head)........but if he does pull it off, that defenately shows us that Mirko is back on track.

Keep in mind he's been back with Marijan for just about a year. Also even though Cro Cop's been out of K-1 for a long while he's still known as one of if not the best kickers in the world, and he came to K-1 as a boxer. I think Marijan will get everything back that he lost and Ivan will add things he didn't have(see knees). In my personal opinion I think he is planning on getting his fight with Fedor and then going back to K-1.

Post #5   5/9/08 7:05:02PM   

ICSlegend

MMA Regular

ICSlegend Avatar

Career:56-40
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Keep in mind he's been back with Marijan for just about a year. Also even though Cro Cop's been out of K-1 for a long while he's still known as one of if not the best kickers in the world, and he came to K-1 as a boxer. I think Marijan will get everything back that he lost and Ivan will add things he didn't have(see knees). In my personal opinion I think he is planning on getting his fight with Fedor and then going back to K-1.

Well we can dream, can't we? CC needs to wreak havoc on the division again and retire on top.

Why do you think he's going back to K1? He's lost a lot of speed and just ferocity. The old K1 CC was an unstoppable machine. I don't think he can ever get back to that again.

He's invested a lot in MMA, and has a real chance to topple Fedor and take the UFC HW title (after decapitating GG and Kong en route like he should have the first time). He has stated that he wanted to go back to UFC. Nothing about K1 I don't think.

Post #6   5/10/08 8:32:16AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by cmill21

Well we can dream, can't we? CC needs to wreak havoc on the division again and retire on top.

Why do you think he's going back to K1? He's lost a lot of speed and just ferocity. The old K1 CC was an unstoppable machine. I don't think he can ever get back to that again.

He's invested a lot in MMA, and has a real chance to topple Fedor and take the UFC HW title (after decapitating GG and Kong en route like he should have the first time). He has stated that he wanted to go back to UFC. Nothing about K1 I don't think.

It's a hunch and it's also a bit of an edjucated guess. Guys tend to be able to be at the top longer in K-1(Aerts, Hoost, LeBanner, ect.) Cro Cop's, bringing in all of his old trainers who helped him when he was in K-1, he's fighting for FEG and K-1 is paying better now then they once did(a big reason he left). He also said in the past that he wanted to be the Pride HW champ and the K-1 WGP champ, so if he beat Fedor he would technically have part one done, and he would just need part two. I don't think he's lost alot of speed, his kicks are still plenty fast and are faster then 99% of HW's, and his hands aren't gone they've just been hiding lol. I still think he could challenge any of K-1's best and have as very good shot at winnning.

Post #7   5/10/08 11:53:01AM   

ICSlegend

MMA Regular

ICSlegend Avatar

Career:56-40
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

It's a hunch and it's also a bit of an edjucated guess. Guys tend to be able to be at the top longer in K-1(Aerts, Hoost, LeBanner, ect.) Cro Cop's, bringing in all of his old trainers who helped him when he was in K-1, he's fighting for FEG and K-1 is paying better now then they once did(a big reason he left). He also said in the past that he wanted to be the Pride HW champ and the K-1 WGP champ, so if he beat Fedor he would technically have part one done, and he would just need part two. I don't think he's lost alot of speed, his kicks are still plenty fast and are faster then 99% of HW's, and his hands aren't gone they've just been hiding lol. I still think he could challenge any of K-1's best and have as very good shot at winnning.

Oh, that's cool that he wanted to finish his K1 business. I guess that would makes sense if he's brining all his old K1 trainers back. But he could definitely beat Nog. He wouldn't make the same mistake again, and has trained a lot of ground since then. Being DREAM/PRIDE/UFC champ then going to K1 and being champ there would be epic.

But everytime I watch some K1 footage, I get nostalgic. He was A LOT faster, his combinations were deadly, and most of his opponents just cowered in fear upon his onslaught.

But he is bigger/more powerful now, and yes, he is still faster then most HWs, but he was even faster before. He's also not getting any younger.

Post #8   5/11/08 12:09:00AM