Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Gomi Looked Sick

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
noo problem just bet me when we can bet on the fight and i'll gladly accept..

if you people think tha was the gomi at 100% then you're crazy.. its obvious something was wrong.. he gassed in 2 minutes... and was still able to knock diaz down

i'm still verry bitter about this fight and its a sensitive subject.
next person that says to me ufc is better than pride cuz of gomi/diaz in real life will have a fist sandwich fed to them!

Post #46   2/26/07 1:03:23AM   

Dadaman

MMA Regular

Dadaman Avatar

Career:61-42
Chips:
Gomi wasn't sick guys. He did gas, but it was because he punched himself out.

Any fighter can punch himself out regardless of conditioning (especially in MMA).

Gomi has never had ANYONE stand in trade with him for as long as Diaz did. Gomi who usually picks his shots was forced into a corner by a guy with longer reach who kept pushing the pace.

I've said this before. The Gomi that fought Diaz was the same Gomi who beat Ishida, Kawajiri, Sakurai. The Gomi that fought Diaz was the same Gomi who lost to Aurelio.

Gomi has always had the same gas tank, it's just that he's never had to fight this aggressively in recent memory (BJ Penn fight was too long ago to really count, Gomi has improved tenfold since then).

Post #47   2/26/07 3:39:06AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Dadaman

Gomi wasn't sick guys. He did gas, but it was because he punched himself out.

Any fighter can punch himself out regardless of conditioning (especially in MMA).

Gomi has never had ANYONE stand in trade with him for as long as Diaz did. Gomi who usually picks his shots was forced into a corner by a guy with longer reach who kept pushing the pace.

I've said this before. The Gomi that fought Diaz was the same Gomi who beat Ishida, Kawajiri, Sakurai. The Gomi that fought Diaz was the same Gomi who lost to Aurelio.

Gomi has always had the same gas tank, it's just that he's never had to fight this aggressively in recent memory (BJ Penn fight was too long ago to really count, Gomi has improved tenfold since then).

i disagree. look at the azerado fight. .gomi took more punishment and didnt seem to gas in the least bit

Post #48   2/26/07 3:58:21AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

if you people think tha was the gomi at 100% then you're crazy.. its obvious something was wrong.. he gassed in 2 minutes... and was still able to knock diaz down

next person that says to me ufc is better than pride cuz of gomi/diaz in real life will have a fist sandwich fed to them!

dude..watch the fight again.....gomi did not gas,he was hurt but diaz didnt have the power to finish him off.When gomi came back in the second round he was good again,if he was gassed he wouldnt of recover'd that fast

Diaz is just a bad match-up for Gomi...

Post #49   2/26/07 4:59:13AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Gomi was sick..........of being punched in the face Sorry , just came to me and I couldn't resist

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #50   2/26/07 5:45:55AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I think Gomi was sick..........of being punched in the face Sorry , just came to me and I couldn't resist

Post #51   2/26/07 5:58:09AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by loller90278

dude..watch the fight again.....gomi did not gas,he was hurt but diaz didnt have the power to finish him off.When gomi came back in the second round he was good again,if he was gassed he wouldnt of recover'd that fast

how was he hurt by diaz? ive watched the fight 4 times now and for the first 2 and a half minutes gomi dominated him in the stand up and in the ground, as soon as they got up, gomi looked like someone poured a 2liter of smirnoff down his throat.. i dont think diaz's little pepper shots affected gomi, it's not like he's never been hit..

Post #52   2/26/07 12:13:49PM   

Macho_Matt

Learning to Sprawl

Macho_Matt Avatar

Career:31-16
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Gomi did not look right. I guess he just gassed, although he behaves awfully odd when he gasses. I have never seen a fighter act that oddly. Oh well.

I think he does not get himself prepared for non-title fights. I don't know if it is lack of mental preparation, or lack of physical preparation, but clearly Gomi has no motivation when his title is not on the line.

This is definitely going to be a black mark on his career. He needs to become a true fighter and have some Pride (no pun intended). He needs to fight every fight like it is his last and not let guys roll over him in non title fights.

I do believe he will beat Diaz in a rematch because he will want revenge and he will have motivation to train. I think he is still very immature and only puts aside all the fun he likes to have as a famous young man in Japan, when the title is on the line!!!

Post #53   2/26/07 2:11:19PM   

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:
It's still dumb that the title wasn't on the line because now his credibility as the Champ is now gone. I sense a screw job decision in their next meeting which will go the way of Gomi. It's about the same situation that happened when Aurelio choked him out. It's also apparent that Gomi was a weakness for being choked out. I really really hope that Diaz beats him again but the rematch with happen in Japan and Gomi will win by some bullshit Split Decision.

Post #54   2/26/07 3:27:19PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,222-765
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Diaz looked Sick wit it.....WOW....he dominated Gomi besides the one punch that almost put him to sleep. Very imressed with Diaz(although he looked like a twig at 160). Not impressed at all with Gomi hes callin out GSP...haha he'd get killed

Post #55   2/26/07 3:31:53PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
thank you diaz for proving me right....record is now 80%

Post #56   2/26/07 3:59:00PM   

jaba

MMA Regular

jaba Avatar

Career:18-18
Camp: Team Big Guns
Chips:
how did diaz dominate gomi, true he was too gassed to do anything but those punches didnt hurt as he was clearly mocking diaz throughout that whole second round. Only that one uppercut diaz threw phased gomi but he was still standing. Plus gomi dropped his ass in the first and just comparing diaz mangled face to gomi's in know way was he dominated. Diaz win was legit but i think next time he wont be so lucky.

Post #57   2/26/07 4:02:46PM   

eaze

Learning to Sprawl

Career:50-41
Camp: Quakenet Fight Camp
Chips:
Preparation is a part of the game, hell it's a huge part of the game. Using lack of preparation as 'defense' when your idol loses is just retarded. He lost, and he lost fair and square. Why he lost doesn't matter, in mma you either win or you lose; end of story.

Post #58   2/26/07 4:07:09PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by loller90278

how was he hurt by diaz? ive watched the fight 4 times now and for the first 2 and a half minutes gomi dominated him in the stand up and in the ground, as soon as they got up, gomi looked like someone poured a 2liter of smirnoff down his throat.. i dont think diaz's little pepper shots affected gomi, it's not like he's never been hit..

he was hurt man 30 of those "pepper shots" will scramble your brain!!Nick diaz has heavy hands he dont need to throw with alot of force to hurt you(ask robbie lawler)
Gomi could of gone without training for the whole 3 months and he still would have no reason to gas in 2 mins.
Nick simply took his will away,cuz he hit him with everything he had and Nick didnt even flinch and kept on coming

Post #59   2/26/07 5:22:47PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Something was wrong with Gomi tonight he didnt have any energy he didnt look right even when he came out he looked drained and sick.

Gomi weren't sick, he was scared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #60   2/26/07 5:32:22PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5