Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gomi Looked Sick

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by uhlsc

so much for gomi wanting hughes gsp and bj he got worked by a ufc outcast. i would have never seen that coming I had Gomi all the way. maybe the travel from japan was a factor I would think jet lag could be a problem to fighters.

give credit where credit is due bro..

Diaz is a great fighter...he only has had trouble with fighters who hold him down and i knew Diaz would pull off the upset

i dont see Gomi laughing now...

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #16   2/25/07 2:08:33AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Okay, enough of the excuses. Gomi was the lesser fighter in this match, pure and simple. Diaz did not get lucky, he simply out performed a more popular fighter; this happens in MMA people! Diaz won in a well deserved fight with a submission that was ******* badass! Diaz deserves to go out and celebrate he earned the win of the night tonight in my opinion. WAR DIAZ!

Post #17   2/25/07 2:14:09AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
The one thing I thought what was wrong with Gomi was I don't think he took the fight seriously. I posted something simuliar in another thread, but I think because Pride has fed him so many non titles and miss matches, he just figured he take Diaz the way he does everyone else. Big mistake! When facing someone like Diaz you better come prepared or he will upset you like he did against Lawler. Gomi takes Diaz the next time. Gomi takes diaz 8 time out of 10. As you can see from the first couple minutes. Diaz defiantly took a beating for that win. Great win for Diaz. I betted against him, but I'm happy for his win.

Post #18   2/25/07 2:18:06AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Okay, enough of the excuses. Gomi was the lesser fighter in this match, pure and simple. Diaz did not get lucky, he simply out performed a more popular fighter; this happens in MMA people! Diaz won in a well deserved fight with a submission that was ******* badass! Diaz deserves to go out and celebrate he earned the win of the night tonight in my opinion. WAR DIAZ!

Props for that..

dude..that sub was beautiful after that war...icing on the cake!

Post #19   2/25/07 2:19:01AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by warglory

Props for that..

Omg dude, that sub was out of this world! I had to focus in on the replay to really see how he was submitted. Initially I thought he got him with an armbar, but then I realized it was with hsi knee! Oh man, I was going for Gomi in this match, but I couldn't have asked for a better end to this match. This was a good end for true mma fans.

Post #20   2/25/07 2:25:58AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Diaz is no slouch. He is one tough S.O.B. Gomi has no ground game. He lost on a mental error. I don't know if Gomi wins the majority of the fights. I'll say 5/10 even split.

Post #21   2/25/07 2:28:43AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by warglory

Props for that..

Omg dude, that sub was out of this world! I had to focus in on the replay to really see how he was submitted. Initially I thought he got him with an armbar, but then I realized it was with hsi knee! Oh man, I was going for Gomi in this match, but I couldn't have asked for a better end to this match. This was a good end for true mma fans.

of course,thats the way it should be.....if you're rooting and favor someone that is fine,we all have our picks,but you should always respect the winner no matter what....unless it was a controversy stoppage or decision

Post #22   2/25/07 2:30:01AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Jet lag generally isn't a factor because if a fighter is travelling, they'll usually get into their destination at least 5 or 6 days beforehand. Jet lag is well passed by then. Honestly I think it was a combination of punching himself out and being rocked by Diaz. He looked like he'd been punched silly.

I wanted Gomi to win and never liked Diaz, but gotta give him props for putting Gomi away, and with a spectacular gogoplata finish. I hope the rematch is in Japan though, as I think Gomi will pull it out.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #23   2/25/07 3:13:55AM   

mmagod

Learning to Sprawl

Career:177-117
Chips:
no excuses. great night of fights. i think this night helps pride big because alot of fans came out to see wandy and got blown away by start to finish action

Post #24   2/25/07 3:16:28AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
Nick has alot of power in those "weak looking" punches....i dont care who you are that many "baby" punches to the head will scramble your brain

that fight was shocking even thought i had Diaz willing a split decision war....who would of thought they would EVER see Gomi that desperate?

Post #25   2/25/07 3:19:36AM   

Chaynsaw

Learning to Sprawl

Career:22-14
Chips:
It is possible Gomi was simply outclassed, but from the way he fought (gassing after a few minutes), compared to how he usually fights... it seems very obvious to me that he didn't train hard enough or he was sick or something. Couldn't you see it? He was not very active after a few minutes, his hands were down... I have never seen Gomi so bereft of energy after so little time.

It's not about which fighter you like more, or making excuses... this is just what I saw.

Post #26   2/25/07 4:23:27AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Chaynsaw

It is possible Gomi was simply outclassed, but from the way he fought (gassing after a few minutes), compared to how he usually fights... it seems very obvious to me that he didn't train hard enough or he was sick or something. Couldn't you see it? He was not very active after a few minutes, his hands were down... I have never seen Gomi so bereft of energy after so little time.

It's not about which fighter you like more, or making excuses... this is just what I saw.

like i said before....i think the only reason Gomi gasses so early was cuz all the Adrenaline pumping though his vaines when he dropped Diaz the first round,he got so excited and probably thought he had it in the bank,and when he realized he didnt even hurt Diaz and your Adrenaline comes to a halt it makes you exhausted...Thats why it is very important to control your adrenaline

Last edited 2/25/07 4:32AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   2/25/07 4:30:57AM   

Uchiha

Learning to Sprawl

Career:20-14
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
^ one thing i have to say is that. he didn't hurt diaz with that punch? I'm sure any punch that drops someone hurts. Gomi thought he koed him, you can see this when he raises his hands in victory. After that, he looked over cuz the bell wasn't ringing.

Also i think Gomi's cardio was not as worked as hard as it should've been. The sign of raising his hands showed that, perhaps he was already exhausted and was hoping to win right there and not go any further. Instead he should've went in for the kill sooner as Diaz was falling down which could've have made all the difference in the fight. I'm not trying to take anything away from Diaz tho, i'm just saying that Gomi should've won if his heart was 100% in the game and not getting ahead of himself.

In the end, hopefully this will wake Gomi up, telling him that his strikes are not always as effective against taller guys with longer reach. At the same time, showing him that he has to be ready to defend his belt, anytime, anywhere and that anyone can take his title away if he doesn't thrive for it.

Note-Gomi did show alot of heart out there with Diaz

Post #28   2/25/07 11:19:16AM   

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
he looked sick after Nick threw that triangle choke on him LOL... Nick won me alot of money last night ...Niiiiceee

Post #29   2/25/07 11:48:32AM   

Uchiha

Learning to Sprawl

Career:20-14
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I call rematch in Japan!!!!

Post #30   2/25/07 11:57:38AM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5