Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gomi Looked Sick

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
Something was wrong with Gomi tonight he didnt have any energy he didnt look right even when he came out he looked drained and sick.

Post #1   2/25/07 12:20:17AM   

We_Todd_Did

Standup Guy

We_Todd_Did Avatar

Career:205-129
Chips:
Whatever it was, he shoulda stayed his ass at home.He let me down big time, and I ALWAYS root against Diaz and for Gomi.Only fght of the night that managed to truly piss me off.

Post #2   2/25/07 12:22:59AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
Gomi looked fine. Thank god Diaz put him out. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm so stoked for Diaz and Henderson. Wow what a night.

Post #3   2/25/07 12:23:33AM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Chips:
I agree he should have stayed home I was gonna cry after he lost!

Post #4   2/25/07 12:24:20AM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,960-1,200
Chips:
Gomi gassed hard and very quickly he couldnt even keep his hands up. I was rooting for gomi but he was not prepared.

Post #5   2/25/07 12:25:20AM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
I kept using Sherk/Diaz as an example of how Gomi's striking would outclass Diaz's, but I guess the reach was just too much for him.

Post #6   2/25/07 12:41:13AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Lets not make excuses it was a great fight point blank.

If he was then he shouldn't of took the fight simple as that.

Last edited 2/25/07 12:42AM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   2/25/07 12:42:12AM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Chips:

Posted by shackle

Lets not make excuses it was a great fight point blank.

If he was then he shouldn't of took the fight simple as that.

Im not making excuses I mentioned it to my brother when Gomi was coming out he didnt look right.

Post #8   2/25/07 12:43:18AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i was gonna make this thread,but why not just revive an old one?

this is how i see the fight in my head...i see Diaz beating gomi to the punch the whole first round and annoying Gomi with those little combo's he throws and forcing Gomi to take him down and i think Diaz will submit gomi or win a decision

Diaz has fought the tougher opponents and that only makes him stronger

i wonder if Diaz can intimidat gomi with trashtalk and staring him down...

my prediction from the "gomi vs diaz" thread long ago

please dont use excuses,Diaz is the real deal

Last edited 2/25/07 12:47AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   2/25/07 12:46:20AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I think i made like 400 e-dollars off the Diaz fight. According to Sherdog sources
(So it may not be reliable at all) Gomi didnt take Diaz seriously and didnt train hard.

Post #10   2/25/07 12:50:07AM   

Thalzaar

Learning to Sprawl

Thalzaar Avatar

Career:1,231-735
Camp: Mack Mafia Hitsquad
Chips:
Gomi definately looked like something was different with him. We could speculate all night as to why, but he just didn't show up prepared for the fight. He gassed after 2 minutes which is just insane.

The fact that Diaz basically had open shots to do whatever he wanted during his stand up, and had to pull out a sub to win, means he really needs to work on his stand up game. If it hadn't been for that sub, Gomi could have possibly won due to a ref stoppage on the cuts.

Gomi basically just gave Diaz free reign to win. I really like Gomi as a fighter and he really should have won this match, but Diaz came prepared and did what he needed to do to win. He took a beating in the process though. His eyes looked terrible and Gomi was just throwing haymakers and landing. Diaz wasn't really that impressive but Gomi was even less impressive tonight.

Too bad really.

Post #11   2/25/07 12:50:42AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
People say this every time the fighter they are backing loses; no fighter goes out there 100%. If Gomi needed out of the fight he should have shot his foot so he'd have a real excuse not to fight.

Post #12   2/25/07 12:51:29AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I admit I'm shocked the way the fight went down. I never thought to see Gomi look so gassed. I know Diaz hit him with a loooooot of punches, and I think if Diaz had more power he would have Koed him. I thought Gomi by decision, man was I wrong. I admit I thought Diaz might pull out a sub, but I never thought to see Gomi getting so completely tooled on his feet, even with Diaz's reach advantage. Who would have thought we'd see a rocked and tired Gimno reduced to throwing wild haymakers. Great chin's by both guys. Fight of the night IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #13   2/25/07 12:54:47AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Nether Did rich vs silva. There is no real telling, but a fighter shouldn't go in if he is really sick or hurt. You don't see sherk fighting any time soon.

The same could be said about this fight gomi may have been just out classed by a better fighter that night.

Will people even try to consider this as a possibility ?

Posted by Thalzaar

Gomi definately looked like something was different with him. We could speculate all night as to why, but he just didn't show up prepared for the fight. He gassed after 2 minutes which is just insane.

The fact that Diaz basically had open shots to do whatever he wanted during his stand up, and had to pull out a sub to win, means he really needs to work on his stand up game. If it hadn't been for that sub, Gomi could have possibly won due to a ref stoppage on the cuts.

Gomi basically just gave Diaz free reign to win. I really like Gomi as a fighter and he really should have won this match, but Diaz came prepared and did what he needed to do to win. He took a beating in the process though. His eyes looked terrible and Gomi was just throwing haymakers and landing. Diaz wasn't really that impressive but Gomi was even less impressive tonight.

Too bad really.

Post #14   2/25/07 12:55:07AM   

uhlsc

Learning to Sprawl

uhlsc Avatar

Career:446-314
Camp: Cartersburg Fight Fans
Chips:
so much for gomi wanting hughes gsp and bj he got worked by a ufc outcast. i would have never seen that coming I had Gomi all the way. maybe the travel from japan was a factor I would think jet lag could be a problem to fighters.

Post #15   2/25/07 1:58:53AM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>