Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tito's Last Stand

Print  
Posted By Message

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

TITO’S LAST STAND

Former Champion Ortiz Blames UFC President for Pending Separation

By Brian Knapp (bknapp@thefightnetwork.com)

The rift between UFC president Dana White and former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz appears to have passed the point of no return.

The 33-year-old Ortiz will fulfill the final bout on his current contract with the Las Vegas-based promotion when he faces unbeaten Lyoto Machida at UFC 84: Ill Will on Saturday, May 24 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Afterwards, he plans to walk away from the organization that gave rise to his stardom. The blame for the pending separation, he says, rests at White’s feet.

“I think just about 90 percent of this is me just wanting to get away from Dana White,” Ortiz told Live Audio Wrestling’s Dan Lovranski. “He has a vengeance for me. He’s a person who’s very hateful towards me, and he doesn’t want to see me grow as a superstar. He’s always been like that. He’s always been trying to hold me down and not let me go further, and it’s just really sad to see.”
http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=7143

Post #1   5/8/08 9:13:16PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
If Tito's ego wasn't as big as his head people might take his points seriously. If this interview was with any other MMA fighter their would up raw.
Tito's ran his mouth so much i think people take what he says as a joke now! I don't know why i'm writing in such short sentences. I like it though. It makes me sounds dramatic.

Last edited 5/8/08 10:29PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   5/8/08 10:20:33PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,141-742
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

If Tito's ego wasn't as big as his head people might take his points seriously. If this interview was with any other MMA fighter their would up raw.
Tito's ran his mouth so much i think people take what he says as a joke now! I don't know why i'm writing in such short sentences. I like it though. It makes me sounds dramatic.

I didnt think the interview was egotistical at all, although i have always seen him a little differently than most

Last edited 5/9/08 12:31AM server time by Lord_Lenny
Edit note/reason: bad spelling

Post #3   5/9/08 12:30:17AM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:984-643
Chips:
i think if he beats Machida it would have more of an impact if he does end up winning. what better way to walk off into the sunset with your middle finger in the air than to beat the dog-shit out of someone Dana has really high hopes for !

Post #4   5/9/08 12:47:30AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
Dana makes it pretty well known that he does not like Tito; on the other hand he did have Tito as a coach in T.U.F. so Im kind of torn

Post #5   5/9/08 2:19:37AM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
BooooHoooo Tito next he is going to start blaming Dana for loosing fights.....Tito u are not the fighter you used to be so give it up..

Post #6   5/9/08 10:59:22AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
$100,000 bonus Machida if you KO Tito and ware this shirt after you win "NA NA nA na HEy hey hey GOOOODBye!!!"

i have no proof Dana said that but just imagine what has been said behind closed doors

Post #7   5/9/08 11:15:47AM