Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pele wants revenge

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

Jose “Pele” Landi has been recovering speedily from one of the ugliest injuries ever seen in MMA, and is already venturing some light training. “I’m training light in Jiu-Jitsu and boxing, but I’m limited due to this serious injury. I think my recovery has been coming along well, but I have to be careful. It’s still recent, only two months now, but I think in one month I’ll be able to fight again,” he declared to GRACIEMAG.com.

The muay thai ace, and one of the first big names in the sport in Brazil, suffered two fractures at once in his leg in a fight in the Canadian event TKO against Brian Gassaway in February of last year. The accident came about as a result of the wear from many years of training. Born in Cuba, but growing up in Brazil, Pele does not yet have a date to return to the ring, but the moment he suffered the injury has still not left his head.

“You could see I actually broke it before kicking. You can see right after the second round begins I did a front kick that didn’t connect and then when I put my foot down the peronio was already broken, then after that my tibia breaks,” he recalls.

Considering the final result unfair, the fighter already has it in his head what he wants as his career unfolds: revenge. “I wanted it considered a No Contest and them to grant me a revenge match. He (Brian Gassaway) was losing. I hope TKO re-watches the fight and does what’s right. I think if the referee had seen it he wouldn’t give my opponent the win,” he said in closing.

Post #1   5/8/08 7:23:46PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
After what that man went through in the ring he deserves it ....if he can obtain it will remain to bee seen at this point. I hope he isnt rushing in too early.

Post #2   5/8/08 8:42:15PM