Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

DREAM fight in Jeopardy for Nick Diaz

Print  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,416-1,238
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Nick Diaz's DREAM bout is very much in jeopardy. Diaz was given the go ahead by EliteXC for a April 29th fight against Marcelo Garcia in Dream, however when that fight was scrapped, Dream decided to instead have Diaz fight on their May 11th show. Unfortunately no one at Dream shared this information with EliteXC and EliteXC President, Gary Shaw, only learned of the change via the internet 2 days ago.
With Diaz having been scheduled to fight in Hawaii on June 14th, Shaw finds the new May 11th date perilously close to the Showtime card and has therefore nixed Diaz's participation on the Dream card. Unless Shaw has a change of heart this fight will be a no go.

LINK

Last edited 5/6/08 11:58AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/6/08 11:58:29AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Man i hope he gets the go ahead! Diaz fights are always entertaining!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   5/6/08 12:01:12PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Man i hope he gets the go ahead! Diaz fights are always entertaining!

YES!
HE MUST FIGHT!
i still have a feeling we'll see him vs Gomi again in the next 12-18 months

Post #3   5/6/08 12:31:54PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
Diaz should try to fight his way out of a wet paper bag. I'd pay 44.95 for that. (plus tax, where applicable).

Post #4   5/6/08 1:12:09PM   

coldchillin

In Full Mount

coldchillin Avatar

Career:533-287
Chips:
I doubt Shaw is going to let him fight.

Post #5   5/6/08 1:41:02PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,224-1,249
Chips:
The news excerpt directly before the one linked above says:

-------------
Nick Diaz has signed to fight on the 11th of May in the Dream organization. His opponent will be Katsuya Inoue, with the winner earning the right to fight for the Dream Champioship Belt against Hayato Sakurai.

"I'd like to thank EliteXC President, Gary Shaw, for allowing me to take this fight. I will be going as an EliteXC fighter. I'm happy to be fighting in a ring again and hope to put on a good show for the Japanese people."
-------------

WTF? He thanks Gary Shaw for allowing him to take the fight on the 11th.
Now Gary Shaw says that he just found out "from the internet" 2 days ago? Either he's lying and that sucks, or the Dream people didn't contact him, and that is even more insane.

I swear inmates are running they asylum sometimes.

Post #6   5/6/08 3:21:58PM   

bustin_mma

Standup Guy

bustin_mma Avatar

Career:1,489-869
Camp: Kame House
Chips:
It would be great to see nick fighting on the dream card. hopfully they dont steal his win from him for being high or having smoked pot in the past month or so. not sure if his medical marijuanna card is legit over in japan

Post #7   5/6/08 4:35:37PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by bustin_mma

It would be great to see nick fighting on the dream card. hopfully they dont steal his win from him for being high or having smoked pot in the past month or so. not sure if his medical marijuanna card is legit over in japan

hehe, I don't think they care in Japan. As long as he puts on a good show they don't care over there.

Post #8   5/6/08 6:32:34PM   

xtra_chewy

Standup Guy

xtra_chewy Avatar

Career:2,733-1,449
Chips:

Posted by ohiostate1016

Diaz should try to fight his way out of a wet paper bag. I'd pay 44.95 for that. (plus tax, where applicable).

phwaaa?

Oh...your from Ohio, that explains it.

Post #9   5/6/08 7:58:34PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

The news excerpt directly before the one linked above says:

-------------
Nick Diaz has signed to fight on the 11th of May in the Dream organization. His opponent will be Katsuya Inoue, with the winner earning the right to fight for the Dream Champioship Belt against Hayato Sakurai.

"I'd like to thank EliteXC President, Gary Shaw, for allowing me to take this fight. I will be going as an EliteXC fighter. I'm happy to be fighting in a ring again and hope to put on a good show for the Japanese people."
-------------

WTF? He thanks Gary Shaw for allowing him to take the fight on the 11th.
Now Gary Shaw says that he just found out "from the internet" 2 days ago? Either he's lying and that sucks, or the Dream people didn't contact him, and that is even more insane.

I swear inmates are running they asylum sometimes.

Maybe Diaz thought he told Shaw about it, but maybe he was really baked and just imagined it. Or he totally forgot about it.

Post #10   5/7/08 11:41:07AM