Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Forrest Griffin: “Jacaré has heavy hands”

Print  
Posted By Message

ufc88

Standup Guy

ufc88 Avatar

Career:1,156-666
Camp: UFC Pool 2010
Chips:
http://www.tatame.com/2008/05/03/Forrest-Jacare-has-heavy-hands

The Brazilian Ronaldo Jacaré start at the DREAM middleweight GP at the better possible way. The rear naked choke at Ian Murphy putted Jacaré at the next round of the event and now he waits for the definition of his next opponent. The BJJ world champion, that now is training at Xtreme Couture, at Las Vegas , is attracting attention from his teammates with his strong trains with Forrest Griffin. “I definitely think that he can do well in that category. Apart from been very strong for this weight and also for Heavyweight guys, he has heavy hands”, said Forrest Griffin to TATAME magazine #145, that bring exclusives shots from Xtreme Couture trains.

Last edited 5/4/08 3:23PM server time by ufc88
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/4/08 3:22:47PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
let me first just say that this was either translated or written by a 3rd grader...

now that that's out of the way, i would like to say that i am a big Jacare fan. as a self-proclaimed JJ freak he is one of my heroes. the fact that he has heavy hands only makes him more dangerous for this tourney. however, i still think that Gregard will take the whole thing. i'll be rooting for Jacare to win all of his matches, but i just think he needs a little bit more work with his hand speed. although, it is great to hear that he has power because you can work on speed easier then power at the top level imo.

Post #2   5/4/08 3:32:45PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
Jacare is a force who will be tough to stop. Ian Murphy is nobody special, but Jacare brings along alot of talent.

Post #3   5/4/08 6:01:56PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I can sense this guy gaining a huuuuge bandwagon over the next few months. Hes got a hell of a lot of potential though and i think he might be good for it, unlike the likes of alexander ect. I mean, at the moment, 5 of his wins have been against guys who are 0-1, so im going to wait till he fights in the later rounds of the tourney before im totally sold.

Last edited 5/4/08 6:23PM server time by aaronno9

Post #4   5/4/08 6:20:43PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

I can sense this guy gaining a huuuuge bandwagon over the next few months. Hes got a hell of a lot of potential though and i think he might be good for it, unlike the likes of alexander ect. I mean, at the moment, 5 of his wins have been against guys who are 0-1, so im going to wait till he fights in the later rounds of the tourney before im totally sold.

He is like the Damian Maia outside of the UFC, both have extremely goos Jits, might be to early to say, but i think a pure Grappler will present the most trouble to Anderson Silva.

Anyways, interesting Fact, Jacare beat Maia in a BJJ competition.

Post #5   5/4/08 7:00:06PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Aaronno9

He is like the Damian Maia outside of the UFC, both have extremely goos Jits, might be to early to say, but i think a pure Grappler will present the most trouble to Anderson Silva.

Anyways, interesting Fact, Jacare beat Maia in a BJJ competition.

yes he did at ADCC. also, Jacare fought Roger Gracie for the final match of the 2005 ADCC OW Tournament. he lost by RNC but still...he had beaten Garcia by kimura on his way up the latter (which is a huge accomplishment in terms of grappling). he is 9-2 at ADCC matches and has a list of some notable fighters on his win list.

Post #6   5/4/08 7:09:55PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Dont get me wrong, im not doubting the guy at all, ive only seen two of his fights and hes looked awesome in both, its just both the guys he beat had never fought pro before. Interesting to hear that he beat maia in a grappling match, that would be a fight id love to see in the octagon, or ring, in the future. Out of all the current guys gaining a big bandwagon, ronaldo and maia are two guys i definalty put stock in.

Post #7   5/4/08 7:39:39PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Dont get me wrong, im not doubting the guy at all, ive only seen two of his fights and hes looked awesome in both, its just both the guys he beat had never fought pro before. Interesting to hear that he beat maia in a grappling match, that would be a fight id love to see in the octagon, or ring, in the future. Out of all the current guys gaining a big bandwagon, ronaldo and maia are two guys i definalty put stock in.

yea Maia is defenately getting alot of hype mainly in the online forums. Same with Jacare.

Post #8   5/4/08 8:04:30PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
There are a lot of fighters who have heavy hands. It is another thing to know how to use them. Having heavy hands is only a small piece of the pie in striking. With Jacare his amazing JJ coupled with good striking could mean a jump into the top 10 if not the top 5 in the world in his weight class. Joining Extreme Couture is a very wise career move. He could be scary good very soon, if not already.

Post #9   5/4/08 9:21:58PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Jacare's first fight a.k.a his first and only loss!

In his very first fight a.k.a his very first and only loss. He made on little mistake. He was doing good and was about to win without a doubt if he didn't make this one mistake just for the fact that Jorge Patino from Chutebox was gassed and was throwing wild. The mistake was an EXTREMELY rookie mistake. He never boxed or kickboxed anyone before so it's clearly understandable. The mistake was he kept his hands down and his chin up and got caught with the wild punch. If they rematch and fixed that rookie mistake, it would be an easy win for him.

This guy will be an absolute beast and once he fights and beats the best Middleweights outside of the UFC. No doubt in my mind can he beat Anderson. He just needs that quality experience he could get fighting a guy like Lindland, Manhoef, Lawler, Ninja, or even Ninja.

In his prime when he learns the basics in kickboxing. He will be practically unstoppable providing a person who beats him will have a crap load of luck catching Jacare in a rookie mistake like Pinta. The only way he'd lose.

Post #10   5/5/08 1:39:47AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Jacare's first fight a.k.a his first and only loss!

In his very first fight a.k.a his very first and only loss. He made on little mistake. He was doing good and was about to win without a doubt if he didn't make this one mistake just for the fact that Jorge Patino from Chutebox was gassed and was throwing wild. The mistake was an EXTREMELY rookie mistake. He never boxed or kickboxed anyone before so it's clearly understandable. The mistake was he kept his hands down and his chin up and got caught with the wild punch. If they rematch and fixed that rookie mistake, it would be an easy win for him.

This guy will be an absolute beast and once he fights and beats the best Middleweights outside of the UFC. No doubt in my mind can he beat Anderson. He just needs that quality experience he could get fighting a guy like Lindland, Manhoef, Lawler, Ninja, or even Ninja.

In his prime when he learns the basics in kickboxing. He will be practically unstoppable providing a person who beats him will have a crap load of luck catching Jacare in a rookie mistake like Pinta. The only way he'd lose.

Yeah he needs quality experience and wins before we really know what he is capable of.

Last edited 5/5/08 3:10PM server time by wolfman
2 total post edits

Post #11   5/5/08 3:05:49PM   

bbman182

Learning to Sprawl

bbman182 Avatar

Career:931-557
Camp: Pittman's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Chips:
all apes have strong arms.. but seriously he is a chimp that is one of the best grapplers in the world.

Post #12   5/5/08 11:27:48PM