Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Y! Top 10: St. Pierre stays put

Print  
Posted By Message

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
Georges St. Pierre put on a mixed martial arts clinic April 19. The Quebec native spent nearly 10 minutes picking apart Matt Serra before earning both the victory and the UFC welterweight title in Montreal.

LINK

Post #1   5/3/08 10:31:30PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
Why in the hell is Fedor still so high in the rankings, it really bothers me. Yahoo even states that they have a year of " inactivity" clause. I think fighting suck ass opponents should count as "inactivity". There are plenty of guys that should be on the list who are not because they actually fight and take losses to quality opponents. I will shut up if Fedor beats Sylvia, I'm not hatin on the guy I just dont think it is right.

Post #2   5/4/08 12:15:51AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
how is Rampage higher than Fedor?

Im not the biggest Fedor fan at all, but i still think that he is P4P best in the world. Silva second, then GSP.

The fact that he hasn't fought top competition lately has to come to a rest now that he will fight Tim. and if he beats Tim, he should be ranked #1 end of story.

Post #3   5/4/08 12:58:19AM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

Why in the hell is Fedor still so high in the rankings, it really bothers me. Yahoo even states that they have a year of " inactivity" clause. I think fighting suck ass opponents should count as "inactivity". There are plenty of guys that should be on the list who are not because they actually fight and take losses to quality opponents. I will shut up if Fedor beats Sylvia, I'm not hatin on the guy I just dont think it is right.

Saying HMC is a "suck ass" is fighter bashing. You will see a true Mixed Martial Artist when Fedor arm bars Big Tim, instead of your kick boxer boyfriend Chucky. People need to chill on the inactivity stuff since the demise of Pride really screwed with a lot of fighters schedule.
Over the next year all you haters will see the truth... Fedor is the GOAT.

Post #4   5/4/08 1:23:27AM   

owen1

Standup Guy

owen1 Avatar

Career:845-441
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

Im not the biggest Fedor fan at all, but i still think that he is P4P best in the world. Silva second, then GSP.

Are you serious???? Fedor is a great fighter but in proper P4P rankings there is no way he is higher than Silva or GSP.It takes something really special for a heavyweight to top P4P Rankings and beating hong man choi and matt lindland in the last 2 years just isn't cutting it.

Post #5   5/4/08 1:43:03PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Randy is not up there on most p4p due to his inactivity. Fedor shouldn't be up there until he fights a REAL opponent. And if he demolishes Sylvia (which will happen) I would put him at number 2. Silva has just earned his spot with much more impressive wins in a slightly less pathetic division.

GSP has not earned 3ed in my book although I would probably place him there anyway. He only needs the win over Fitch then he has secured his position.

Post #6   5/4/08 4:16:31PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

word.. but at the same time.. UFC needs to hook it the F.. up and get him in there.. he's been in between fights and orgs for freakin ever.

Post #7   5/4/08 5:00:28PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Posted by jakeiceman

Saying HMC is a "suck ass" is fighter bashing. You will see a true Mixed Martial Artist when Fedor arm bars Big Tim, instead of your kick boxer boyfriend Chucky. People need to chill on the inactivity stuff since the demise of Pride really screwed with a lot of fighters schedule.
Over the next year all you haters will see the truth... Fedor is the GOAT.

The demise of PRIDE screwed with schedules??? Are you serious man, there is a shitload of ex Pride fighters who have been active.....hmm I wonder why Fedor has not....maybe because his ego is the size of a watermelon and he is afraid to step up and prove himself.....and as far as the "kick boxer boyfriend" statement....atleast Chuck fights top tier guys....yeah maybe what I said about Choi was a bit harsh but come on. Maybe Fedor is the goat and i even said in my previous post that if he beats Sylvia that I would drop it....but by no means would a win over Sylvia put him at the top of the P4P list.

EDIT: your giving me crap about a boyfriend and what is your screen name? "Fedor is so hot right now" ?????? Honestly man get a life.

Last edited 5/5/08 2:50AM server time by jakeiceman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   5/5/08 2:48:23AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I completely agree with Yahoo sports. GSP won a fight he was suppose to win. He ain't moving until he finally defends the title and dominates the division like we all know he has the potential to do.

Post #9   5/5/08 3:45:33AM