Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

which fight are looking most forward to in ufc 84 from the big three

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
sherk vs penn....i cant wait for it so sherk can beat penn and prove he's the best lw in the world

Post #16   5/4/08 5:52:06AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
for me Silva Jardine is my most anticipated fight from this PPV. Two strikers with top notch power neither too orthodox and can go all olut for three rounds. Its almost a guaranteed KO for the night, but who will it be? Very interesting matchup.

Post #17   5/4/08 11:13:53AM   

tomsmith17381

MMA Regular

Career:4-7
Chips:
silva vs jardine for me ill take strikers over lay and pray any day (yes i could be a future hip hop star with rymes like that)

Post #18   5/4/08 1:47:13PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I'm always excited to see BJ fight. I'm hoping for a BJ KO of Sherk. Ppl seem to forget how possible this is. He has just about as many KO w's as sub. Sherk's standup is about on par w/ any other wrestlers. BJ is such an animal both standing and on the ground, Sherk is a worse version of guys like Hughes, This could be very one sided. Not likely to be boring.

The other two matchups are obviously great and I can't wait for the event as a whole, but they don't get me quite the way of seeing Sherk shutup.

Post #19   5/4/08 1:59:34PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
machida/ortiz. i'm just really curious as to how well ortiz handles him.

Post #20   5/4/08 2:04:28PM   

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
Definately Jardine-Silva thats gonna be a war, I cant wait

Post #21   5/4/08 4:06:23PM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:

Posted by aaa9erh8er

personally im looking forward to the jardine/silva fight becouse i think we may see the wanderlei we all no and love. i hope we see that man step back in and kick some ass. nothing against keith hes a game fighter and all but i wanna silva back on the winning path i dont think hes over yet. also i think he will have something to prove after three straight losses he knows hes gotta show dana somthing. as far as the sherk fight goes imo both fighters are overrated but the bad blood between them is not i see bj winnng a descion after 3 exciting rounds and 2 boring ones( now i no everyones gonna hate me for that) but the machida fight honestly i think tito wants to show dana hes making a mistake and machida really wants to show hes not overrated(not saying he is) both guys have talent but machida has technech out the ass and i see him weathering a early first round storm then comiong out with somthing sneaky 4 the win

In my opinion I don't see how anyone could say the BJ Penn is overrated. I am biased because he is one of my favorite fighters. A in shape BJ penn is the best pound for pound fighter in opinion, he is never in a boring fight, he has fought people in four different weight class,has beat some very good fighters and has never been dominated, and 9 of his 12 wins he has finished by tko or submission. Also he has held both the lightweight and welter weight ufc belts.

If you couldn't tell im looking forward to the penn vs sherk fight the most.

Last edited 5/4/08 4:56PM server time by decken
Edit note/reason: Forgot some things.
3 total post edits

Post #22   5/4/08 4:47:41PM   

Broknmunky

MMA Regular

Broknmunky Avatar

Career:205-104
Camp: duXup
Chips:
Sherk/Penn

Post #23   5/5/08 9:42:09AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I'm most looking forward to Jardine and Wanderlei. Both guys love to get stuck in, so I expect and exciting fight. I'm hoping we'll finally see Wanderlei go at it like he used to back in the day, and get inside throwing bombs.

Not too excited about the Penn / Sherk fight. I love watching Penn fight, but Sherk is the epitome of boring to me, the whole LnP style doesn't make exciting fights imo, but as long as BJ doesn't let Sherk get his way it should be decent.

Post #24   5/5/08 2:12:45PM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,162-637
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
the fight that intrigues me the most is Machida vs Ortiz. I guarantee the other 2 fights listed are gonna be way more exciting, but it seems a little more predictable. We know for sure what the four fighters are going to do. In Machida vs Ortiz i'm seriously wondering what they are going to do. Machida has been training his takedown defense. Will Ortiz come back in old form? Machida is considered by many a babied star of UFC. Ortiz is the fading icon of UFC. It's going to be slow, but i can't wait to see the fighters show up and each of their game plans.

Post #25   5/5/08 4:47:56PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
def bj vs sherk this is gonna be crazy i can already see myself runnig around the tv screaming

Post #26   5/5/08 8:11:03PM   

F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Banned

Career:340-195
Chips:
Tito vs Machida.

I still think Tito has it, he beat Forrest (absolutely destroyed him in the first round, should have been tko'ed), and beat Evans (Yes it was a draw, but its because he grabed the fence).

I see no reason to think he doesn't have it anymore. Its just that back in the day competition was weak, so Tito could just rip people apart. Nowadays its tougher, so Tito's matches are competetive. Forrest and Evans are top 10 (top 12 mayube for Evans) guys, and Tito can't just be expected to tear them to shreads...he won, thats what matters.

I think Machida will beat him, but I know Tito can beat Machida as well...

Post #27   5/5/08 8:24:33PM   

atlas777

Standup Guy

atlas777 Avatar

Career:577-375
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by bigbubbano23

def bj vs sherk this is gonna be crazy i can already see myself runnig around the tv screaming

Haha ill be right ther with ya man this fight is going to be crazy could be the best lw fight in ufc history imo sherk is going to make me or break me i put all my money on him

Post #28   5/5/08 8:46:35PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:
Im looking forward to all of the 3 main fights, mainly because they could all go either way.

I reckon Penn, Machida and Jardine will win, although i wouldn't be surprised if any of them lost.

Hopefully the fights will live up to the expectation.

Post #29   5/5/08 8:56:42PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:

Posted by atlas777

Posted by bigbubbano23

sherk is going to make me or break me i put all my money on him

I did that with Houston Alexander at Fight Night 13, he broke me.......bad times lol

Post #30   5/5/08 8:58:40PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3