Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC & Pride Execs. Clash On Sirus Radio (Old interview, Oct. 2006)

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Pride USA producer Jerry Millen was recently a guest on Scott Ferrall's radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio, and an explosive verbal confrontation ensued when UFC president Dana White called into the show during Millen's interview.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   2/24/07 8:43:01AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Yeah I remember this, everybody was talking about it up until halloween last year. I don't think someone with Dana's vocabulary could go on any radio show where he couldn't curse.

Last edited 2/24/07 3:07PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/24/07 3:05:57PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Dana has done alot for the UFC, and because of that MMA in general, but he needs to learn how to talk like a business man and not a drunken sailor. To me, he is an embarassment to the UFC. When he is used in a "Point/Counter Point" arguement about MMA, he comes off as a barbarian.

Maybe the UFC should hire somebody as their spokesman. Who won't resort to high school tirades and can act like they have a education.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #3   2/24/07 4:44:03PM