Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rich Franklin may return to Light Heavyweight

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Wolf

Posted by IriShame

First of all his natural weight class is 205. He fought at it for the first half of his career and cuts weight to make 185. I'm not buying the "He's not big enough for 205" argument. Sure there are some guys that will be bigger than him but Rich is a puncher and I don't care what you weigh, you can be knocked out. The point here is that Rich has no shot at the title at middleweight and the division is very thin thus producing very few interesting matchups for one of the UFC's biggest stars. A move to 205 could give us quite a few headliner quality fights. Rich vs. Machida, Rich vs. Wanderlei, Rich vs. Hendo which of I've always maintained would be a better fight at 205, just to name a few. It will be a good move all around.

You do realize the REASON Rich is at 185 is because he got absolutely destroyed by Machida at 205 already right?

I know he lost by tko in the 2nd but I never saw that fight did he really get destroyed?

Post #16   5/2/08 9:17:48PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Ok so I just found that video and posted here on the playground. Machida did beat him pretty bad that being said I don't think that looks like the Franklin of now and Machida needs to fight like that agian.

Post #17   5/2/08 9:29:33PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2