Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chris Leben looks to clear up DUI charge prior to UFC 85

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Chris Leben flew from Hawaii to Oregon to turn himself in on an old Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charge, clearing the way for him to obtain his visa and take on Michael Bisping at UFC 85: “Bedlam” at the O2 Arena in London, England, on June 7.

According to TJ Thompson of Icon Sport, “The Crippler” will have to sit in jail for 8-10 days before he gets a hearing because the warrant was a “no bail” warrant.

Here’s a snip:

“When he got the call to fight Bisping on June 7th in London he knew what he had to do. He immediately flew to Oregon and turned himself in on the probation violation…. The moment he appeared before the judge after turning himself in the warrant was revoked and he is able to get his VISA for London.”

This appears to be just minor setback for Leben — with more than eight weeks to prepare for “The Count” a little time in the slammer doesn’t seem like it will impact his preparation for the 185-pound tilt.

In fact, Thompson affirms that Leben is in excellent shape and that his decision to turn himself in shows his growth “spiritually and mentally” as a fighter and person.

Leben, he affirms, will be ready for Bisping on June 7.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   5/1/08 11:13:42AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I hope Bisping beats the crap out of him, anyone who drinks an drives is a ******* idiot.
As someone said in my fight camp, If you've got the money to drink you've got the money for a cab!
I hope its a one sided beat down for with Leben getting KO'd in the 3rd.

Last edited 5/1/08 11:20AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   5/1/08 11:15:41AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
Well thats good. I'd like to see this fight happen. And unlike Smiler, I'd like it to go the other way around ;)

Post #3   5/1/08 11:32:45AM   

hodge

Standup Guy

hodge Avatar

Career:442-256
Chips:
Ahh man i thought he was gonna pull out of the fight when i heard i was gutted.

Post #4   5/1/08 11:56:09AM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
Im not a fan of Leban - Hard to come back from when he pissed on that dudes pillow- I like bisping even less as he has been overhyped like alot of the tuf fighters and then he "won" against Hammil and then he " talked crapt " about the win- he has been pretty classy since however- I like Leban in this fight-

Go pillow pisser. LOL

Post #5   5/1/08 12:03:07PM   

hdnet_mma

Learning to Sprawl

hdnet_mma Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
ouch

Post #6   5/1/08 12:14:31PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I hope Bisping beats the crap out of him, anyone who drinks an drives is a ******* idiot.
As someone said in my fight camp, If you've got the money to drink you've got the money for a cab!
I hope its a one sided beat down for with Leben getting KO'd in the 3rd.

Drunk Driving IS DUMB ASS HELL...
But... it WAS an old charge right? so i guess we can cut him some slack being that he was pretty immature and has seemingly grown up some... takes some balls to turn yourself in but he had an agenda so its not like his conscience was telling him to do it... still on the fence on this one I've always liked Leben but question how much it takes to put him down.. we know he has a chin but will Bisbing hav enuf power to put him down... hard to say

Post #7   5/1/08 3:22:25PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
He probably saved the fight by turning himself in, otherwise he may not have been able to get a visa to travel. As far as jail time, I just read that he's probably looking at 8-10 days.

Post #8   5/1/08 4:25:15PM   

NinjaCyborg

Forum Banned

NinjaCyborg Avatar

Career:175-184
Camp: Double Deuce
Chips:
8 - 10 days in jail waiting for a trial, that doesn't include any time the Judge may sentence him as punishment.
Hopefully the judge will look favorably upon Leben turning himself in and allow a "time served" punishment or something like that.
All I know is that i'm really looking forward to Bisping vs Leben and in my eyes it should be the main event even above Hughes vs Alves.

Post #9   5/1/08 10:48:29PM