Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lindland to fight Fedor.....

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by punisherind

id much rather see fedor fight jeff monson. in either case, fedor is going to win, but at least he wont manhandle monson the way he will lindland. gotta give lindland major props for considering this matchup, but seriouslly, he has no shot.

how about lindland vs. frank shamrock???

I'd love to see tat fight, Frank however seems to be ducking or reluctant to take on top competitors, he would regain alot of my respect if he took on that match up.

Post #16   1/19/07 7:57:58PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Lindland and Frank Shamrock is a great match up, but like you said, I think Frank is afraid to ruin his rep, but at the same time he is ruining his rep to fight fighters who aren't that established. But with Lindland fighting Fedor, I think it's suicide. No matter how much he is going to weight for the fight, he will not have the strength to over come Fedor. Matt Lindland had a hard time with Rampage with securing submissions, there's no way he's going to be able to pull one on Fedor. Mark Coleman a Gold Medalist Wrestler can't even take down Fedor! Matt LIndlands got balls, but so did the Crocodile Hunter and see where that got him (NO disrespect to Steve Irwin, just trying to make a point)? I don't even think if that fight was in the US it would be sanctioned by a comission.

Post #17   1/20/07 3:03:10AM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Career:781-433
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Matt LIndlands got balls, but so did the Crocodile Hunter and see where that got him.

haHHAHAH THATS COLD ACEPRONE!! but it was funny and makes your point crystal clear!

Post #18   1/20/07 9:32:58AM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Chips:
they would never sanction that fight here.

Post #19   1/20/07 2:54:32PM   

--Hinch--

Probably a terrorist.

--Hinch-- Avatar

Career:73-56
Camp: Platinum Mafia
Chips:
I'm not going to be so quick to write off Lindland.

he is the exact style people summarize would be best to topple Fedor.

The problem is obviously his weight. He aims to come in at 210, so he'll still be at a large disadvantage. A greco-Roman silver medal will always be leagues above a combat sambo championship, or national level judo skills though.

Fedor will have to rely on power over technique when clinching, as Lindland is the much better here.

All this said, while I believe Lindland can put Fedor i some interesting predicaments, he cannot stop the eventual submission forever.

Huge props to woogie though.

Post #20   1/25/07 8:03:45AM   

allevil86

MMA Regular

allevil86 Avatar

Career:29-18
Camp: MidwestSwing
Chips:
Theres not much of a chance for lindland in this one but any one can get caught. I'm going with fedor by what ever he wants.

Post #21   1/26/07 2:06:02PM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Chips:
If I had a farm, i'd bet it on Fedor. I'm a big Lindland fan, I'd give him a chance against ANY fighter in ANY weightclass; except Fedor.

Post #22   1/26/07 6:33:36PM   

SICKRICK

Banned

Career:29-13
Chips:
i think linland is the most and i mean most overratted fighter on the planet and fedor would kill him i mean kill him, so would frank shamrock and any leprechan's out there to.. lol.. linland is not in the ufc cause he cant fight

Post #23   1/27/07 7:15:16AM   

chiefwiggum

MMA Regular

chiefwiggum Avatar

Career:140-72
Camp: whoflungpoo
Chips:
Good post slickrick Fedor, Big Nog, Hunt, Mark Coleman, Gomi, Wanderlei, Barnett, Henderson (the list could go on for pages) are all terrible fighters because they don’t fight in the UFC. With that being said I want to see Fedor vs. Linland about as bad as I want to see Kimbo Slice vs. Cro Cop.

Post #24   1/27/07 6:03:21PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
Its going to be a masacre but got to admit lindland has some balls!

Post #25   1/29/07 11:05:14PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
you should read my post about having balls on the top of the page.

Post #26   1/30/07 3:23:36AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by --Hinch--

I'm not going to be so quick to write off Lindland.

he is the exact style people summarize would be best to topple Fedor.

The problem is obviously his weight. He aims to come in at 210, so he'll still be at a large disadvantage. A greco-Roman silver medal will always be leagues above a combat sambo championship, or national level judo skills though.

Fedor will have to rely on power over technique when clinching, as Lindland is the much better here.

All this said, while I believe Lindland can put Fedor i some interesting predicaments, he cannot stop the eventual submission forever.

Huge props to woogie though.

I disagree with Super wrestler will be leagues above a super Sambo guy.Combat Sambo combines wrestling, Judo, Striking , and subs. As aceprone mentioned, Coleman couldn't beat him and he's a lot bigger and stronger.I dig Lindland and still think he's the #1 or 2 middleweight in the world, but I think he won't survive the 2nd round at best.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #27   1/30/07 4:13:34AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I think Lindland has as good a shot at winning as anyone else. Sure he is stepping up in weight but he has strength and a world of experience behind him. I can't wait to see what happens.

Last edited 1/30/07 4:50AM server time by mrsumo
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #28   1/30/07 4:44:31AM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,965-1,204
Chips:
Lindland in not big enough or well rounded enough to beat fedor but it should be interesting to see how well lindland does

Post #29   1/30/07 7:13:17PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Plus if you had any idea about Lindlands mental capacity you would find it is probably greater than mine and your's combined.

He does have a oddly shapped head.
But no matter what you think the outcome of this fight you have got to give the guy credit. He is fighting Fedor in Russia. So the chances of him winning a Descision are very slim. I heard Cro Cop Turned down this fight on that sole fact (myth)
Lindland has got Balls guys.
Anyone who says he is trying to stay a top MW by fighting out of his weightclass is wrong. Look who he is fighting. Horn (amazing fihgter) Van Arsdale,(amazing wrestler), Quintion Jackson (amazing fighter), and now Fedor. The most Revered fighter in the world.

Yes i bet he is scared of a MW fighter you Fools that is why he is gonna fight Fedor. Thats like saying BJ Penn is scared of Jens Pulver so he is gonnna go fight Liddel.

Post #30   2/5/07 10:59:52PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3