Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lindland to fight Fedor.....

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
This is fresh news folks. Lindland is set to ink a deal with boDog fight that will pit him against Fedor on the Pride champs home turf, St. Petersburg Russia, April 6.
I am a huge fan of The Law and support his ranking at the top of the middlewieght ranks.
I also think he could pose a serious threat to most top fighters under 205.
But to take on a 230 lb Fedor seems like suicide to me.
What do you guys think.......

Post #1   1/18/07 4:08:59PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,324-1,636
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Linland has said he will come into the Fedor fight weighing 210 lbs. If he can bulk up and still retain his athleticism and skill then this might be a really good fight to watch.

Post #2   1/18/07 7:42:59PM   

Bosco

Learning to Sprawl

Bosco Avatar

Career:1,031-527
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
Gotta respect Lindland for putting it on the line with the best. Seems not being in the UFC has really worked out well for him.

Last edited 1/18/07 8:01PM server time by Bosco
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   1/18/07 8:01:41PM   

n0xin

MMA Regular

n0xin Avatar

Career:871-519
Camp: GTA Pick'em Crew
Chips:
yeah respect to Lindland, but comon guys , Fedor has no match up out there today that seems real fair.

Post #4   1/19/07 1:06:43AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
It's a shame Lindland has to go around fighting out of his natural weight simply because he doesn't get on with the UFC.

I'd much rather see him fighting at MW where he is top 3 and could prove himself to be number one.

Post #5   1/19/07 7:54:45AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,512-1,449
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
linland is just trying to keep his high MW ranking up by never fighting other MWs anymore, dont know if he'll be able to fight anyone again after this one is over, big balls,no brains

Post #6   1/19/07 10:53:15AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:
No, that is not true. Where exacltly could Lindland fight a top MW? Pride have shown no interest in him, the UFC do not seem to want him. He just recently beat Jeremy Horn, probably the best MW outside of the UFC or Pride.

It's not about balls or brains it's about getting paid and establishing himself as one of the best P4P fighters around.

Post #7   1/19/07 11:16:30AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:
Plus if you had any idea about Lindlands mental capacity you would find it is probably greater than mine and your's combined.

Post #8   1/19/07 11:17:15AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
it's definately about balls, he has a I'll fight anyone attitude, and that's definately to be respected, but he needs to find a way into pride or ufc for me to keep taking him seriously, Fedor is gonna have his way with him, and thats too bad, because I'd like to see him fighting at his natural weight, the guy was 167 in the olympics

Post #9   1/19/07 11:21:15AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:
How can he find the way into Pride or UFC exactly? Beating Horn, Fighting Jackson ( I do think he won that fight btw), fighting Fedor?

What you are saying doesn't make sense at all, you're saying he needs to find his way in? Fighting the best competition is surely the only way to get yourself in. That is exactly what he is doing so you should continue to take him seriously.

Remeber the UFC dropped his contract, I would much rather see him fight peopel such as Newton, Rampage, Horn, Van Arsdale, known fighters with good reputations to improve his stack, rather than resorting to WEC, KOTC, or even Cage Rage where due to his credentials he simply doesn't belong.

Post #10   1/19/07 11:46:39AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
many forums have him ranked #1 at MW, what I'm saying is he has to fight other MWs to hang on to that high esteem he's being held in. He's been fighting up in weight fairly often since being dumped by UFC which may just be due to age, and the difficulty cutting with that age, and if, thats a huge if, he were to beat fedor he'd definately get into one of the big shows. I just have a problem with him continually being the highest ranked MW when he seems to wanna pull a BJ and keep hopping classes. Don't get me wrong here, with the exception of the Terrell fight he has been great, and he's a top notch MW, but continually moving up lessens his hold as THE MW in MMA and that bothers me.

Post #11   1/19/07 12:15:46PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:
The Terrell fight well, he got caught simply as that, alot of people argue 9/10 that wouldn't happen again, but meh, he lost fair and square, that was a greta KO victory for Dave.

You are entirely missing the point.

WHERE ARE THE MW'S FOR LINDLAND TO FIGHT???

ok, with me...?

UFC AND PRIDE

UFC dropped his contract
Pride not interested

=

NO MW's to fight, the only MW with any credentials who I can think of off the top of my head is Horn, who he beat, convincingly.

Post #12   1/19/07 12:29:55PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
if the guy was the clear cut #1 the big boys would be climbing over each other to get him, I think he's good but he has to keep working as MW to hang on to it, that's my entire point. I understand your point about no one being out there, but it's on him and his management to get into the big shows. there's no doubt all this up fighting will bring him lots of respect, but losing to bigger guys doesn't cement you as a top guy in your own weight class IMO.

p.s.Amar Suloev, a bodog guy ranked in top 10 by more than a few

Last edited 1/19/07 2:28PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #13   1/19/07 1:04:18PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Career:781-433
Chips:
id much rather see fedor fight jeff monson. in either case, fedor is going to win, but at least he wont manhandle monson the way he will lindland. gotta give lindland major props for considering this matchup, but seriouslly, he has no shot.

how about lindland vs. frank shamrock???

Post #14   1/19/07 3:07:32PM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Chips:

Posted by punisherind

id much rather see fedor fight jeff monson. in either case, fedor is going to win, but at least he wont manhandle monson the way he will lindland. gotta give lindland major props for considering this matchup, but seriouslly, he has no shot.

how about lindland vs. frank shamrock???

I agree, neither Lindland nor Monson stand a chance at all. But you're giving Monson too much credit here. They guy has ZERO striking ability.
lindland v shamrock....
Now THAT is an interesting fight.

Post #15   1/19/07 3:27:30PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3