Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar vs Coleman

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

big_timmy

In Full Mount

big_timmy Avatar

Career:188-136
Chips:
Can anyone tell me exactly when this on yet? Has a fight date been announced?

Post #1   4/29/08 11:28:36PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
UFC 87, August 9th in Minnesota

Post #2   4/29/08 11:33:08PM   

Mattchupichu

Learning to Sprawl

Mattchupichu Avatar

Career:912-523
Camp: UFCmaniacs
Chips:
I appreciate the courage of Coleman to step upa nd take this fight, but it is also a stupid career move. Everything strength Coleman has, Lesnar is better at. At one point coleman might have had more technical wrestling, but he is oldand lesnar has pecs like the windshield of a semi. Lesnar 1st rd tko.

Post #3   4/30/08 1:29:27AM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:
I hate this matchup.
I could see this becoming an extremely boring couple of rounds of fighting over position on the ground until Coleman finally gasses.

I am going with Lesnar via 3rd rd TKO.

Post #4   4/30/08 9:26:15AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I think Lesnar will maul him in the first round. I would like to see Lesnar get some good, legitimate wins over tough opponents and really turn into something special.

Post #5   4/30/08 11:17:57AM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
Lesner is Colemen super sized... hes was stupid to take a fight with a person that is the same fighter he is but bigger stronger and faster

Post #6   4/30/08 12:03:25PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
Lesnar vs Coleman is one of those get the new fighter a win imo, lesnar is going to gnp him out in the 1st round

Post #7   4/30/08 1:52:11PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
coleman ain't no randy!!
if lesnar comes out the way he did against mir he will knock him out in the 1st

Post #8   4/30/08 2:47:53PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
props to coleman for taking the fight, but i think the ufc is looking to get lesnar a win against a big name, and coleman is not a threat to sub anybody.

Post #9   4/30/08 3:02:41PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
If Coleman wins, Lesnar will prob'ly get cut. Esp if he beats him badly at his own game. Not likely, but it could happen.

Post #10   4/30/08 5:02:27PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
COLEMAN WILL WIN!!!

Their the exact same fighter. They use their power and aggression mixed with their great wrestling to beat their opponents. The fighters who give them both the most trouble are the slick and patient fighters who await for openings while they try and force something and get caught. It will come down to who gets the first takedown and it will be COLEMAN!!!

Coleman has more heart then Lesnar and is like a pitbull with his takedowns, he NEVER gives up. He's relentless with them. Fedor was spanking him with the takedown defense and he STILL kept coming. Coleman is coming into this fight with nothing to lose and is dedicating his life to this fight, that's how much heart he has into this fight. lesnar's coming in as a usual pro wrestler, cocky in everything he does. He's expecting this 43 year old to be nothing since he's a bigger wrestler. But he's in for a surprise. Coleman's heart and experience will show!

Coleman via whatever I pick when I hear more about were Coleman's training. Hopefully ATT or AKA so I can pick submission!

Post #11   4/30/08 9:38:17PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
I think Brock Takes it By GNP probably 1st rd.

Brock is Stronger and Faster than Mark

The only advantage i see Mark having is experience.

I dont see Mark stopping Brocks Takedown hes quick for a big dude..He got Mir down rather quick and got alittle carried away with his punches and Mir regrouped and pulled out a nice sub.I dont see Coleman doing that.

Post #12   4/30/08 9:52:07PM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

COLEMAN WILL WIN!!!

Their the exact same fighter. They use their power and aggression mixed with their great wrestling to beat their opponents. The fighters who give them both the most trouble are the slick and patient fighters who await for openings while they try and force something and get caught. It will come down to who gets the first takedown and it will be COLEMAN!!!

Coleman has more heart then Lesnar and is like a pitbull with his takedowns, he NEVER gives up. He's relentless with them. Fedor was spanking him with the takedown defense and he STILL kept coming. Coleman is coming into this fight with nothing to lose and is dedicating his life to this fight, that's how much heart he has into this fight. lesnar's coming in as a usual pro wrestler, cocky in everything he does. He's expecting this 43 year old to be nothing since he's a bigger wrestler. But he's in for a surprise. Coleman's heart and experience will show!

Coleman via whatever I pick when I hear more about were Coleman's training. Hopefully ATT or AKA so I can pick submission!

I gotta be honest I didnt read what you said except Coleman Will Win. I'd really like Lesner to lose, the last thing the UFC needs is a 3 ring circus of an atmosphere like the WWF regardless of the millions Dana and the Fertita's pocket from having Lesner around. If Lesner loses hes (1-2)....then whats his appeal? he'll have to go elsewhere and gain status, he'd be a losing fighter and they'd have to release him (i hope) But to be serious I'm gonna pick Lesner this time, I picked Mir to do exactly what he but I cant pick Mark unless he's developed a better submission game (still rootin for him tho)

Post #13   4/30/08 10:09:49PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
Coleman could very well beat a guy like Mir but right now hes wrestling a guy who's better than him at all aspects of wrestling. It's like a boxer who boxes a faster guy, longer, guy and a guy who hits hard he's basically in a wrestling match but in a higher weigth class. I would give him a chance to beta better fighters in the HW division but not when they are stylistically like him unless he can stand with Lesnar but i do not think he has the td defense

Post #14   4/30/08 10:33:56PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
Looking forward to this one.. Coleman has accomplished a lot and is a seasoned wrestler but then again some say he is washed up, he hasnt looked too sharp in his past few fights with the exception of the Shogun fight.

I got my money on Lesnar, the fight is obviously going to the ground and Lesnar will be the much younger, much stronger fighter and will pull out with a victory.

Going to be interesting though to see how Coleman will do especially after such a long break.

Post #15   5/1/08 5:11:38PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2