Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sean Sherk: BJ Penn ‘needs to talk to a psychiatrist’

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“I think he needs to talk to a psychiatrist. That sounds pretty sick to me, but good luck. I’m sure there will be blood, both mine and his, so we’ll see what happens. I don’t know, that’s kind of a weird thing to say and I did hear that he said that. I was like, ‘What the hell is he talking about?’ What can you say. He’s got some issues, but I’m not going to let anything he says bother me.”

Former lightweight champion Sean Sherk responds to comments reigning 155-pound kingpin, BJ Penn, made about licking the blood off his gloves when he’s done pounding “The Muscle Shark’s” face in during their championship bout at UFC 84: “Ill Will” on May 24.

Link

Full interview here

Last edited 4/29/08 3:22PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   4/29/08 3:21:46PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
I don't know about you guys but i like the taste of blood. maybe BJ just shares my interest in the taste of blood...i like it because it tastes like jacket zippers (i always chewed on mine as a kid) because of the iron. i actually prefer to get hit hard enough to bleed in sparring so that i can taste my own blood.

now that everyone thinks i'm crazy i would have to say that the intensity shown by BJ Penn and the bad blood boiling up (no pun intended) is really making this fight that much more interesting. i love that BJ made those comments and it is going to be Sherk who will be going to the psychiatrist after BJ causes frontal lobe damage and permanently alters his personality...

and yes, i am a little messed up in the head

Post #2   4/29/08 3:58:29PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
a condition from the lack of iron called PICA that leads to wanting the consumption of non food items.

Post #3   4/29/08 4:44:15PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,456-1,139
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I don't know about you guys but i like the taste of blood. maybe BJ just shares my interest in the taste of blood...i like it because it tastes like jacket zippers (i always chewed on mine as a kid) because of the iron. i actually prefer to get hit hard enough to bleed in sparring so that i can taste my own blood.

now that everyone thinks i'm crazy i would have to say that the intensity shown by BJ Penn and the bad blood boiling up (no pun intended) is really making this fight that much more interesting. i love that BJ made those comments and it is going to be Sherk who will be going to the psychiatrist after BJ causes frontal lobe damage and permanently alters his personality...

and yes, i am a little messed up in the head

A little messed up??

Sorry. I do agree with this being a good fight.

Post #4   4/29/08 4:58:55PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

don't mess with the guy who chews on jacket zippers

Post #5   4/29/08 5:02:29PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
This fight will be great. I remember reading a sherdog post about how unstoppable Sean is and i actually believe it. Nobody can beat him except BJ and maybe Shinya. It will take someone with amazing BJJ to topple this guy. Sean is just too strong. Can't wait for this match up and hopefully this card will be a TON better then the last one.

Post #6   4/29/08 5:10:33PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Sounds pretty bad ass if you ask me, and to everyone who thinks Sherks strength is going to be a factor in this fight just go back and watch BJ vs Hughes first match. BJ can always find a way to submitt a stronger opponent.

Post #7   4/29/08 5:40:43PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I don't get all the hate for Sherk to tell you the truth. His fighting style may be a bit dull but he gets the job done, has a ton of heart an up to the fight with BJ is always respectful to his opponents. Like he said if you don't like watching him go get a beer or something in his fights.

As for strength not playing a factor I couldn't disagree more, Sherk is tiny for what he weighs! I would go s far as to say he's the strongest LW in the world fighting right now. With all the strength in such a small frame it will be dam hard to submit him! But with that out the way if their was one guy I would pick to find a way it would be BJ.

I don't get why the picks are so one sided in this fight! Sherk stands a really good chance of winning.

i actually prefer to get hit hard enough to bleed in sparring so that i can taste my own blood.

Haha me to man! Do you ever stick your tongue in your gum shield after to get the full iron hit!? Or is that just me?

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #8   4/29/08 5:53:35PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I don't get all the hate for Sherk to tell you the truth.

He is a boring drug cheat thats why!

Post #9   4/29/08 6:11:24PM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:
This happens every fight

All the fighters are doing is making hype for the fight which = more money.

Post #10   4/29/08 6:34:34PM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:

I don't know about you guys but i like the taste of blood.

I hope you mean your own blood............... because if I ever drew my own blood in a fight I would lick it (it has its appeal because of the iron contents in your plasma that give it a salty zest taste) but never taste someone elses that shit is gross, easy way to get herpes, aids, et cetera

Post #11   4/29/08 6:37:46PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

don't mess with the guy who chews on jacket zippers

Speaking of Zippers what would Happen if the YKK Factory went under..Id bet that if you look at your zipper it was made by YKK...I should get stock in YKK..

Anyways...I hope BJ Licks Sherks' blood off his gloves after this fight..Im sure all the fighter takes AIDS test and such so they are all clean.

Post #12   4/29/08 6:46:33PM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Career:660-408
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I don't get why the picks are so one sided in this fight! Sherk stands a really good chance of winning.

I admit, I'm a huge BJ Penn fan, but I truly don't think Sherk stands much of a chance and here's why. Penn has arguably the best take down defense in all of MMA. Freakin' GSP could barely get him down. How much trouble did Hughes have putting BJ on his back? Sherk is not the same caliber mma wrestler as either of them. BJ keeps this fight on the feet for R1, and Sherk will look like GSP did after BJ handled him for the first 5 minutes of their fight. I think BJ will put Sherk on his back in R2, and wins by gnp, or rnc after Sherk gets tired of eating right hands.

BJ via stoppage R2

Post #13   4/29/08 7:24:50PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
BJ did it once so why not again.

Though Penn creeps me out with his vampire tendencies, I think he will win this fight. Sherk is a phenom of an athlete, but a pretty bad fighter in the technical sense of the term. He will out power you and keep you pinned to the mat with a sporadic elbow.

That stuff wont work on BJ. I think Penn taps him in the second.

Post #14   4/29/08 8:13:09PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
bj is a strange little hawaiian..

Post #15   4/29/08 9:04:40PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2