Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito Ortiz is ‘far from soft’ and has ‘better stand up’ than Lyoto Machida (Video)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
He's doing what Tito does best! heres the interview

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   4/28/08 11:39:02PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
well i do have to say this...if Tito can get back into old form this fight could go his way.

with that said...

Better stand up then Machida?!?!?!?! Him?!?!?!?!?!?!

also, "yeah his JJ is pretty good, but JJ skills don't matter when you get punched in the face..." Tito are you serious? tell that to Big Nog for Christs' sake. i'm sorry, i forgot that no one has ever pulled a submission in the UFC after getting punched in the face, excuse me

Post #2   4/28/08 11:47:10PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
sigh, i hate videos on the UFC website, they're so small and most of the time the one you want to watch is in the middle and they make you watch adds first... so bothersome... will be interesting to see who comes out on top in the tito machida fight though... i got machida ftw

Post #3   4/28/08 11:52:24PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,755-1,746
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Love the guy and all...but he does NOT have better stand-up (on paper) than Machida! Regardless I hope he's relentless takes Machida down and give him that first loss.
WAR TITO!!!!

Post #4   4/29/08 12:17:33AM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well i do have to say this...if Tito can get back into old form this fight could go his way.

with that said...

Better stand up then Machida?!?!?!?! Him?!?!?!?!?!?!

also, "yeah his JJ is pretty good, but JJ skills don't matter when you get punched in the face..." Tito are you serious? tell that to Big Nog for Christs' sake. i'm sorry, i forgot that no one has ever pulled a submission in the UFC after getting punched in the face, excuse me

I think his old fight form was a bit fed with undersized fighters. he's beaten Wanderlei Silva in a decision a long time ago, that was probably one of his only top tier victories IMO. Otherwise most of his other victories have been against undersized fighters like Patrick Cote (who would later drop to 185), Evan Tanner (who would later drop to 185), the 8-11 Elvis Sinosic (thats like thinking a victory over Tank Abbott ranks you at #1 in the world), everyone knows Tito is a huge 205 pound fighter, way bigger than Cote and Tanner, his other wins include Vitor which I think Vitor won, and Forrest, which I think Forrest won. Other than that IMO Tito has not accomplished as much as Machida's single victory over Sokodjou. Besides Machida is way too confusing to fight when you have very cookie cutter MMA standup like Tito does, the Karate throws you off.

Post #5   4/29/08 12:20:16AM   

jimmypockets

ThE ThIcKFrEAkNeSS

jimmypockets Avatar

Career:1,090-730
Camp: RuStY CaGe FiGhT TeAm
Chips:
Tito is a multimillionaire. He is not, for the $75,000 he is gettin paid, going to dedicate himself to fighting in the sport of MMA. He doesn't need this win or this fight and it seems to be his way out of the UFC. I believe he will gas quickly and regardless of skills or talent I think Machida will win by being in top shape and possessing a complete game. Machida via submission round 2. Tito will then collect his check at the door and go home to bang Jenna Jameson. Losing isn't all bad

XB Live Gamertags- J1mMy PoCkEtS, Th3 Barncat

Post #6   4/29/08 12:32:09AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by jimmypockets Tito will then collect his check at the door and go home to bang Jenna Jameson. Losing isn't all bad

never know... could be like a hot dog down a hallway at this point... ya know what i mean

Post #7   4/29/08 1:02:37AM   

titorican

MMA Regular

titorican Avatar

Career:819-516
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Tito's gonna beat him. Just watched his last few fights again. He's not as washed up as I remember thinking he was. He's too big and strong for Machida IMO.

Post #8   4/29/08 1:28:42AM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by jimmypockets

Tito is a multimillionaire. He is not, for the $75,000 he is gettin paid, going to dedicate himself to fighting in the sport of MMA. He doesn't need this win or this fight and it seems to be his way out of the UFC. I believe he will gas quickly and regardless of skills or talent I think Machida will win by being in top shape and possessing a complete game. Machida via submission round 2. Tito will then collect his check at the door and go home to bang Jenna Jameson. Losing isn't all bad

Damn you make losing sound good! With that said, I am picking Tito for the win, I have never liked the S.O.B but I disagree with everyone sayin he is just there to fulfill his contract. I think he still has alot of desire to win and that the fact that this is likely his last fight in the UFC will make him want to win that much more. Its no secret that Dana and Tito do not get along and if Tito could knock off the fastest rising contender in the 205 division it would only raise his value outside of the UFC and stick it to White one last time. I think Tito is strong enough to conrol Machida on the ground and he is right, some nasty elbows to the face will throw Machida off of his submissions. I can see him hanging with Machida on the feet too. I'm pickin Ortiz by split decision or possible late stoppage.

Post #9   4/29/08 1:33:38AM   

ThePlague

O&A party rock

ThePlague Avatar

Career:1,478-836
Chips:
I just got the UFC 76: knockout dvd, and I'm telling you Machida looked like sh*t on toast in his fight with Nakamura. His cardio was terrible and his take-down defense suffered for it. So far I'm still picking Machida in this but that worried me a bit. And Tito is nuts if he thinks his standup is better.

Last edited 4/29/08 2:42AM server time by ThePlague
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   4/29/08 1:39:27AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by titorican

Tito's gonna beat him. Just watched his last few fights again. He's not as washed up as I remember thinking he was. He's too big and strong for Machida IMO.

Just like Soku was too big and strong for Machida?????

I laughed my ass when I read the title of this thread "better stand up than Machida" give me a break.

Tito always has a real chance to win if he doesn't fight anyone in the top 10. I am still going with Machida though, he is a warrior and is on a major role, I don't think Tito can stop him. Funny funny video though.

Post #11   4/29/08 12:19:40PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
i got tito by split dec

Post #12   4/29/08 8:36:31PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,391-923
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
I'm glad Tito thinks his stand-up is better than Machidas'. Maybe Tito will believe his own hype and we will get to see Machida knock some sense into (or out of) Tito.

Remember when Tito thought he could stand with Liddell?

Post #13   4/29/08 8:46:59PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:

Posted by jimmypockets

thinking Tito will gas shows your ignorance to be honest... if Tito has one thing its cardio... his stand up might rival that of a Steve Urkle wanta be but hes got cardio... Tito will lose this fight becasue he thinks he can stand... every time he has tried to stand hes gotten KOed, with exception to Ken shamrock... and face it shamrock was never a good MMA fighter to begin with... so beating up someone thats got nearly 20 years on you with a busted knee is hardly something to brag about...

Tito will lose and never be seen in MMA again... he won't go to japan without elbow Tito has to offence... That also Rules out Strikeforce... he only option will be EliteXC and i bet the guys there will beat Tito...

Tito has never really gone against a good fighter and won with any dominance...

Post #14   4/29/08 8:48:13PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
If Tito tests his theory then he'll get put away early.

Post #15   4/29/08 10:27:57PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2