Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chuck Liddell has a message for Cro Cop, Fedor & Wanderlei

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hippysmacker

I think Chuck beats Wandy and Rampage , but loses to Fedor and Cro-cop. Chuck could catch Fedor or Cro-cop. He has the power, but I think Mirko would chop him down with leg kicks . I think he actually matches up better stylewise with Fedor, but I still think Fedor beats him 10 out of 10 times. I think Chuck might catch Cro-cop twice if they fought 10 times and still lose 8 out of 10.

10 out of 10?

i dont even think Fedor can get close to chuck

Agree to disagree then. If they ever fight I will wager with you

yeah i will wager with you....i dont disagree that Fedor might beat chuck,i disagree with 10/10...

Post #16   2/24/07 3:06:56PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Tell you what , if they fought a hundred times I think Chuck might Ko him 3-5 times. It's no disrespect to Chuck, I think he is the #1 light HVY in the world, but I think Fedor is a whole different animal than anybody else in the world righ now.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   2/24/07 6:19:34PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Tell you what , if they fought a hundred times I think Chuck might Ko him 3-5 times. It's no disrespect to Chuck, I think he is the #1 light HVY in the world, but I think Fedor is a whole different animal than anybody else in the world righ now.

i say chuck wins 70% of the time...really.....like chuck says "if you wanna take me down,you're gonna have to strike with me" and the way Fedor strikes(gorilla punches...with his head down rushing forward)he is very accessible to chucks lethal right uppercut

i will drop it down to 50% if they fight in a ring(pride)

Post #18   2/24/07 6:35:46PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
could chuck get by Big Nog, Barnett, Hunt, even Tim Silvia?

Chuck is a great entertaining athlete, but IMO the UFC LHW div doesnt have the talent base of Prides Stable. IMO Fedor would mess Chuck up bad via any way he feels like it, and CC is a much better technical striker with obvious KO power that meets and surpasses Chuck.

IMO Chuck is an instant contender in the Pride LHW div. but hes stretching if he thinks he can tango with Fedor, CC, Nog, etc

I think Arona would beat chuck too IMO

your thoughts :D

Post #19   2/24/07 6:41:27PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

could chuck get by Big Nog, Barnett, Hunt, even Tim Silvia?

Chuck is a great entertaining athlete, but IMO the UFC LHW div doesnt have the talent base of Prides Stable. IMO Fedor would mess Chuck up bad via any way he feels like it, and CC is a much better technical striker with obvious KO power that meets and surpasses Chuck.

IMO Chuck is an instant contender in the Pride LHW div. but hes stretching if he thinks he can tango with Fedor, CC, Nog, etc

I think Arona would beat chuck too IMO

your thoughts :D

STYLES........MAKE........FIGHTS.....

i agree maybe Crocop can beat chuck,but chuck has a much better shot at beating Fedor(yess even though Fedor beat Crocop)

Crocop and only Crocop i think has the best shot at beating Chuck more than 70% of the time

Post #20   2/24/07 6:52:25PM   

Khon_Nan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:50-40
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I would sure like this scenario. UFC in JAPAN, with japanese / PRIDE rules. wanderlei vs chuck. Like to see chucks head being soccerkicked and stomped on :P
Im not 100% sure wanderlei will beat chuck in the US though, but still i would like the fight!

Post #21   2/24/07 8:18:24PM   

We_Todd_Did

Standup Guy

We_Todd_Did Avatar

Career:205-129
Chips:

Posted by crimethinc

That definitely won't be at 71 . Anf if Chuck maintains the title after his inevitable bout with Rampage I think this may be in the works and will hopefully happen sooner then later. It will give chuck something to do rather then move to HW to fight CC. I would love to see Chuck and Wanderlei and I'm starting to think I may be the only MMA fan who doesn't really like Wanderlei Silva.

I sometimes feel the same way.I've probably watched the fight where Crocop beats him halfway into a coma more times than any other fight.Yeah, he "brings it" anytime, but that seems to be more due to lack of self-control sometimes.If someone had a dog that bad, it'd get put down.

Post #22   2/24/07 9:46:26PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

remember,Chuck is not one dimensional...he's not all striking or all Jiu Jitsu(Mark Hunt..Crocop..BigNog).especially if they fight in the cage Chuck wins in my eyes since there is no way he can get trapped in a corner...Chuck is King of the cage!!!

does this look like someone who cant get caught and KO'd?

well it certainly looks like someone who has never been Ko'd. It looks like a guy who only ever lost once and it was by a silly cut.
Chuck couldnt Beat Fedor.
Fedor would take him down and pound him out until chuck gave up a sub trying to stand up.

Post #23   2/24/07 9:52:24PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

whoever thinks fedor can't take chuck to the ground .. or win chuck.. has to be somewhat delirious...

Seriously what are these people thinking?! Fedor would kill Chuck its not even worth talking about.

Post #24   2/25/07 12:41:37AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Posted by loller90278

whoever thinks fedor can't take chuck to the ground .. or win chuck.. has to be somewhat delirious...

Seriously what are these people thinking?! Fedor would kill Chuck its not even worth talking about.

these are the same people who doubted my prediction on Gomi/Diaz...

14-4 must get my opinion a little more respect than that

Post #25   2/25/07 12:52:12AM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Well, one thing is certain, Liddell will not fight Silva after what just happened.

Unless Silva goes up in a tear and gets back to his winning ways or he converts to UFC, I doubt Dana will allow a Liddell vs. Silva (refer to his comment on the radio about Silva being executed by Cro Cop).

Damn, just like how Jackson was never really the same after being KO'd by Silva, Silva will never be the same after being KO'd by Cro Cop.

Post #26   2/25/07 12:54:04AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Yeah... Wandy might be mentally broken. Hey, at least Shogun can go after the champ now.

Post #27   2/25/07 12:58:41AM   

ADLER23

Learning to Sprawl

Career:116-81
Chips:
you have to admit chucks takedown defense is awesome, and chuck is pretty good at landing those one-hitter quitter punches.

Post #28   2/25/07 12:59:23AM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
Shogun next middleweight champion! mock my words!

Post #29   2/25/07 1:02:04AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Considering the fact that Wandy has been Koed in back to back matches I think he should leave Pride and come to the UFC for a fresh start. When one of the announcers' yelled " I can't beleive it, Silva hasn't benn Koed in a long time" or something else ridiculously false into the mic, I started laughing my butt off. I think this increases our chance of seeing Wandy vs Chuck. I think it's a terrible matchup stylwise for Wandy, but I still want to see it. It would end 4 years of constant bickering in MMA, and the UFC could definately sell it IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #30   2/25/07 1:21:06AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3