Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sean Sherk: I'd never heard of Nandrolone

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Its a cool interview and Sherk has some good points on BJ also talks about his steroids issue and how he's going to pressure BJ untill he quits!

I don't know how to just post the video bit but the link will take you to UFC.com and its on the video bit right in the middle of the page.

Link

EDIT: If anyone can post a direct link to the video props will flow!

Last edited 4/28/08 8:47AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   4/28/08 8:41:27AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I think i might be the only guy on here that thinks Sherk could pull out a win you know!
I'm not knocking BJ at all but i don't think he's ready for the strength of Sherk and theirs no way he can match him in the cardio department. I really think Sherk is going to to what he does and beat BJ... I can't believe i'm sayin it though!

Does anyone else think he was telling truth about not taking the steroids?
Haha I sound like a Sherk nuthugger!

I actually I don't know who'll win now. My heart says don't bet against BJ but my head's saying DON"T bet against BJ. But somethings telling me Sherk could do it!

Last edited 4/28/08 8:51AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   4/28/08 8:46:02AM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I think i might be the only guy on here that thinks Sherk could pull out a win you know!
I'm not knocking BJ at all but i don't think he's ready for the strength of Sherk and theirs no way he can match him in the cardio department. I really think Sherk is going to to what he does and beat BJ... I can't believe i'm sayin it though!

Er.... No

and Er.... No

The cheat will lose

Post #3   4/28/08 8:52:08AM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
I think Sherk can win, and his chances of winning increase as the fight goes into the later rounds..... I think the best thing he can do against BJ is test his cardio....

and for the record, i really dont think he did steroids or meant to do anything related to them because nobody would spend that much time and money trying to prove something that couldn't be proved with evidence....

but thats just me!

Post #4   4/28/08 9:08:56AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Watch almost any interview from an athlete that got caught using steroids...they deny it or claim ignorance! Gary Sheffield had never even heard of the cream, Barry Bonds never heard of the clear...
I call bull shit on this.

And no, Sean Sherk has the ability to win this fight, but his only chance in my opinion is to LnP his way to another boring ass victory.

Post #5   4/28/08 9:27:58AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

EDIT: If anyone can post a direct link to the video props will flow!

Video

Post #6   4/28/08 9:29:59AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
b.j will be more than ready for sherks strength. Hes beaten a basically stronger version of sherk in matt hughes, and almost beat gsp, who i also beleive is stronger than sherk. B.js natural flexibility and balance are more than enough to negate pretty much anybody in the 155 170 divisions strength.

Post #7   4/28/08 9:32:25AM   

GlancyMMA

MMA Regular

GlancyMMA Avatar

Career:402-238
Chips:
The Hughes fight is a great comparison of how the Sherk vs. BJ fight will go... The very aware, composed flexible BJJ fighter against the strong solid collegiate wrestler.

I'll take the dedicated, focused, in shape BJ we have seen as of late to take out anybody in the lightweight division.

Post #8   4/28/08 10:11:05AM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I actually I don't know who'll win now. My heart says don't bet against BJ but my head's saying DON"T bet against BJ. But somethings telling me Sherk could do it!

I'm with you on this, I understand exactly what your sayin.

Post #9   4/28/08 10:34:58AM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
Look, nobody in their right mind is going to say that Sherk is a more talented fighter than Penn. The only shot Sherk has is to push the pace and try to gas BJ. Earlier in his career I might actually be worried about this strategy as Penn has a history of gassing and Sherk has a history of laying and praying his way to victory. However, I believe Penn has gotten much more serious about his conditioning and if Sherk thinks he can put BJ on his back for 5 rounds and not get caught in a submission than he needs to rethink his gameplan. "The Hilo Kid" by submission in round 3.

Post #10   4/28/08 10:50:26AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by casey64

Posted by SmileR

Me too guys im loving Sherks odds and cannot believe the pick % is 20%!!!!!!!!! Hope more fools pick BJ by sub so we get a <20% bonus 2 points!

Having said all that i think its a 50/50 fight and just depends on whether BJ can win early somehow or whether Sherk will outlast him and either stop him late or win the last 3 rounds. Might end up picking BJ, the biggest ? is cardio

Post #11   4/28/08 11:01:35AM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by casey64

Posted by SmileR

Me too guys im loving Sherks odds and cannot believe the pick % is 20%!!!!!!!!! Hope more fools pick BJ by sub so we get a <20% bonus 2 points!

Having said all that i think its a 50/50 fight and just depends on whether BJ can win early somehow or whether Sherk will outlast him and either stop him late or win the last 3 rounds. Might end up picking BJ, the biggest ? is cardio

Agreed 100% the cardio is what is gonna matter in the late rounds.

Post #12   4/28/08 11:25:08AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
The only hope Sherk has is to lay on Penn for five rounds and pray not to get subbed. Sherk's stand-up is inferior, and his submission game is inferior. I'd rather pull out my finger nails with a rusty pair of pliers than watch another Sherk-Franca bore-fest.

Post #13   4/28/08 12:17:25PM   

dust

Banned

Career:453-247
Chips:
Sherk's so full of shit that it's not funny anymore.

Post #14   4/28/08 12:33:32PM   

Martin-666

Banned

Career:93-68
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Post #15   4/28/08 1:19:47PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2