Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Marcus Davis v. Mike Swick

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
I think this is a great fight, I just have no idea who will take it....

Davis has great power and boxing ability and his ground game is evolving...

Swick has incredible speed and CAN be explosive and chain good combos...

Who will take it and how will the fight go?

I am thinking it will be a stand up battle unless Davis decides to take to the ground but I still believe Marcus will have the upper hand with his KO ability....

Post #1   4/26/08 9:48:18PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
I think Davis takes this one, i haven't been impressed with Swick since he cut that weight against Burkman for the first time... i think Davis's boxing pedigree will serve him well in this fight ... could be a war though, Swick is no joke

Post #2   4/26/08 10:51:49PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
my take on this fight which i have posted a few times already (keep in mind i am a huge Davis fan):

i see Swick looking to trade with Davis. maybe for the first half of the first round, you will see the reach of Swick frustrating Marcus just a little. then, when he feels comfortable i see him getting past the reach and unloading some serious flurries. i can't see Swick KOing Davis. i don't know why some people question his chin, he was a pro boxer for many years and his only MMA loss to TKO was from a cut. granted he was dropped by Paul Taylor, but Taylor is an excellent kickboxer and he hit him with a well placed head kick that Marcus recovered from very quickly. he was able to pull off the armbar in that situation anyway. also, i can't see Swick submitting Marcus. Marcus' JJ is very underrated and a lot of people don't realize that he has been working grappling intensely since a year before TUF because he realized that submission were his weakness. i feel that is not the case anymore and i believe that Marcus' JJ is good enough not to get subbed, and maybe even good enough to get a submission if it hits the ground. i can't see Swick winning this fight, he just isn't powerful or quick enough in this division. i also see Marcus winning a UD similar to his fight with Forrest Petz, and if not then a 2nd round KO for Marcus. Swick is going to try and come out fast and exciting to make up for his last fight, and with that mentality he will walk into a flurry world class punches that will hurt him badly if he is not careful.

Marcus by 2nd round (T)KO

Post #3   4/26/08 11:03:01PM   

jgordon85

MMA Regular

jgordon85 Avatar

Career:1,802-1,198
Camp: Team Twisted
Chips:
i am taking davis. i also was not impressed with swick when he cut the weight against burkman. i think davis will get the ko. swick is going to come out kicking probably but i think davis will take him dowm after he eats a couple kicks. i am picking and going for davis he is on an good winning streak.

Post #4   4/26/08 11:06:14PM   

SqWaGGy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:257-162
Chips:
Swick hasn't looked the same since his fight with Loiseau. I'm not sure what happened but he hasn't been aggressive at all. In order for Swick to win this fight he is going to have to get in there and fight, and even then I think it's a very tough fight.

Post #5   4/26/08 11:08:53PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

my take on this fight which i have posted a few times already (keep in mind i am a huge Davis fan):

i see Swick looking to trade with Davis. maybe for the first half of the first round, you will see the reach of Swick frustrating Marcus just a little. then, when he feels comfortable i see him getting past the reach and unloading some serious flurries. i can't see Swick KOing Davis. i don't know why some people question his chin, he was a pro boxer for many years and his only MMA loss to TKO was from a cut. granted he was dropped by Paul Taylor, but Taylor is an excellent kickboxer and he hit him with a well placed head kick that Marcus recovered from very quickly. he was able to pull off the armbar in that situation anyway. also, i can't see Swick submitting Marcus. Marcus' JJ is very underrated and a lot of people don't realize that he has been working grappling intensely since a year before TUF because he realized that submission were his weakness. i feel that is not the case anymore and i believe that Marcus' JJ is good enough not to get subbed, and maybe even good enough to get a submission if it hits the ground. i can't see Swick winning this fight, he just isn't powerful or quick enough in this division. i also see Marcus winning a UD similar to his fight with Forrest Petz, and if not then a 2nd round KO for Marcus. Swick is going to try and come out fast and exciting to make up for his last fight, and with that mentality he will walk into a flurry world class punches that will hurt him badly if he is not careful.

Marcus by 2nd round (T)KO

the only thing i can see Davis needing to watch out for is the "Swickatine"... but i still don't see that being much of a threat

Post #6   4/26/08 11:11:48PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
swick is going to have a good reach. both good strikers and both not bad on the ground. but idk who takes it honestly i like both guys but there has to be a loser unless its a draw which i hope doesnt happen.

I think this fight will go to decision.

Post #7   4/26/08 11:13:31PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
prolly

Post #8   4/26/08 11:17:30PM   

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
Swick is good but man i just can't see Davis losing

Post #9   4/27/08 3:35:03PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
davis all the way baby ... !!!!!!

Post #10   4/27/08 5:06:23PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I see the fight startin out kinda slow then round 1 ending with punches in bunches by both men, but Davis with a Brutal KO in round 2

Post #11   4/28/08 2:24:05AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,682-1,471
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Davis takes this via jaw smashing KO in the 2nd.

Post #12   4/28/08 8:31:34AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Swick via 2nd round sub. Alot of people like to talk about davies having an underrated ground game, but i personally believe swick has one of the most under rated ground games in the ufc along with rich franklin. I mean, he was out grappling stephan bonnar, whos a blackbelt under carlson gracie and was like 15 pounds heavier at the time. And that was like 3 years ago so theres no doubt his ground game has evolved since then.

I think they spend the first round feeling each other out, with a few shots getting through at the end. Second round, davis drops swick and jumps into his guard, swick recovers then eventually works a triangle.

Post #13   4/28/08 9:02:22AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I don't think Swick is going to stand and trade with Davis... I can see maybe a quick guillotene coming from Swick...

If Davis keeps this standing he gets the KO, IMO... Swick's got fast hands, but Davis has a good chin and uncomprable power for his size... I'd love to see Davis pull out the sub in this one too though...

Just really hope Davis wins... I think it'll put him in line for either a rematch with Alves (then a title shot), which I would love to see... Or maybe even a title shot right off the bat

Post #14   4/28/08 10:15:45AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,998-1,180
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think Davis by 2nd round Ko.

Post #15   4/28/08 11:56:40AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2