Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

George St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva - Who is the Better Fighter?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

John_Jobber

MMA Regular

John_Jobber Avatar

Career:430-261
Chips:

Posted by jgtribbett

i give it to GSP 8/10times..
1/10 is GSP mind ******* himself and not being mentlly prepared and the other 1/10 is silva catching him
but 8/10 times i think GSP will tko or take it to a UD

There would be no decision involved in the outcome of this fight.

Silva. Round 1. KO

Post #16   4/26/08 9:12:39PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
One thought.. I think that GSP would run through leben, lutter, marquardt, beat franklin with as much difficulty as it took for hughes, and may have some difficulties, but still definitively beat henderson. Now, as dominant as silva appears to be... I still consider the mw divsion to be much more shallow than the ww division. Despite what silva said after the fight, i still believe that henderson has had the best performance against silva. Henderson actually won a around, and looked comfortable and in his element doing it.

The way that henderson won that round is with his wrestling, and ground control. He didnt do significant damage, but did a bit. Henderson lost either because he got caught, or over confident in his standup, forgot the game plan, and then got caught. I personally believe it was the latter.

The thought behind this is that GSP, out of jackson's camp, will have an intelligent and solid game plan... and GSP is a smart fighter and will be able to execute it the way it needs to be executed.

I think that an effective game plan would be for gsp to take silva down, (easily doable), control him on the ground (easily doable), pass to a more dominant position (juding by his passing skills on serra whos a gracie blackbelt, and how lutter easily got to the mount.. should be doable) and work some vicious GNP (likely)

I think that this is something that GSP can do, and do incredibly well. Although I would rank silva's striking above GSP's, gsp still has the skills to hang with silva to help set things up or add depth to the gameplan.

I honestly think that what it'll take to defeat silva is an elite fighter, fighting intelligently, with a great game plan. This has yet to happen, but GSP could easily be the first.

GSP 6/10 times

Post #17   4/26/08 9:53:16PM   

Dasklown

Learning to Sprawl

Dasklown Avatar

Career:684-478
Camp: Team Plata
Chips:
While I do admit Silva is incredible and will continue to dominate his own division... there is no way in hell he would beat GSP. Georges is like Randy, in that he adapts his game plan to each guy he fights.

GSP Round 2 TKO, and just because he would wait till the second round to show how much he could dominate Silva.

Post #18   4/26/08 10:42:20PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Dasklown

While I do admit Silva is incredible and will continue to dominate his own division... there is no way in hell he would beat GSP. Georges is like Randy, in that he adapts his game plan to each guy he fights.

GSP Round 2 TKO, and just because he would wait till the second round to show how much he could dominate Silva.

i still can't believe how many people are so blinded. GSP's stand up isn't anywhere close to Silva's. there is only one way GSP wins this, and that is to LnP. and i think at 185 he would not be strong enough to accomplish this and Silva would catch him with precision punching and score the KO. to say GSP would dominate Silva is laughable imho. however i do respectfully disagree with those who say GSP wins 6 times out of 10 because they did provide arguments, but to say GSP would dominate is utter ignorance to me.

Post #19   4/26/08 11:07:10PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:992-648
Chips:
you know im not sure on this one so lemme weigh things out a little bit.

Wrestling- I would give this to GSP
Takedowns- GSP
Striking- mmmmm i'd have to say Silva
GndNPnd- GSP
Ju-Jitsu- Silva
Stamina- Id have to say GSP, havent seen Silva go the distance

I think ill stop here looks like ill have to go with GSP, but honestly we are talking 2 different weight classes so i don't see this happening. Maybe in our Dreams this would happened if so it would probebly go the distance GSP by Split Decision.

Post #20   4/27/08 12:08:12AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by GrandMaster313

you know im not sure on this one so lemme weigh things out a little bit.

Wrestling- I would give this to GSP
Takedowns- GSP
Striking- mmmmm i'd have to say Silva
GndNPnd- GSP
Ju-Jitsu- Silva
Stamina- Id have to say GSP, havent seen Silva go the distance

I think ill stop here looks like ill have to go with GSP, but honestly we are talking 2 different weight classes so i don't see this happening. Maybe in our Dreams this would happened if so it would probebly go the distance GSP by Split Decision.

You've never needed to see Silva go the distance, he has decimated everyone thats been put in front of him

Post #21   4/27/08 12:19:31AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,916-1,066
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Another thing alot of people dont realize is that the WW division is the MOST SHALLOW division in terms of diversity.

You have 1 Stand up fighter in the top ten, you have 1 BJJ guy (if you count serra in the top ten) and 1 judo guy(karo). The rest are wrestlers. Beating a division full of wrestlers doesnt really prove all that much, other than that your the better wrestler.

Silva may be in a shallow division depth wise, but they all bring something different to the table and not one of his opponents other than hendo have been able to do anything offensively against him.

Hendo BTW is p4p one of the strongest people in mma, period. Gsp is incredibly strong for 170, but hendo is incredibly strong for 205. Gsp will not be able to control silva like hendo did.

Post #22   4/27/08 1:20:03AM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:
GSP needs to defend this title a few times before having this convo IMO.

Post #23   4/27/08 2:32:50AM   

Ben_Hutch

Banned

Career:282-168
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

There's still people in the WW division who can give GSP some troubles, so I don't want to think about Anderson raping him yet.

Also, BJ Penn will move up to MW to fight GSP before this fight could happen.

Post #24   4/27/08 6:09:30AM   

John_Jobber

MMA Regular

John_Jobber Avatar

Career:430-261
Chips:

Posted by candynuts

GSP needs to defend this title a few times before having this convo IMO.

LOL Or even once...

Post #25   4/28/08 4:59:33PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2