Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rashad vs Babalu would be a better fight than Lambert!!

Print  
Posted By Message

a1strait

Learning to Sprawl

a1strait Avatar

Career:214-114
Camp: TEAM KILLDEM
Chips:
If Babalu is ranked within the top ten of the LHW why isn't Rashad fighting him to build up his rep instead of Jason Lambert who had lost pretty bad to Rashad. If Rashad were to fight Babalu and beat him he would no doubt be the next one in line for a title shot either against Chuck r the winner of Chuck and Rampage.

Post #1   2/23/07 4:00:59PM   

Bountytaker

MMA Regular

Career:116-77
Camp: House of Granite
Chips:
I agree it would be a better fight...but I don't agree it would make Rashad the #1 contender.

In my opinion, Forrest is a higher seed than Rashad, simply due to the level of the opponents he's faced, and the amount of skill he showed, even in his losses. Yes, he is on a losing streak, but the guys not picking cupcakes...

That said, Rashad is on his way up, and fast. Let him fight Forrest and/or Jardine, then the winner gets the title holder after two Rampage/Liddell fights.

Post #2   2/23/07 4:57:06PM   

Punishment

Learning to Sprawl

Punishment Avatar

Career:102-57
Camp: UFC POOL
Chips:
Dont count Lambert out of this one, he has a decent shot of pulling out the upset

Post #3   2/23/07 6:10:05PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by Punishment

Dont count Lambert out of this one, he has a decent shot of pulling out the upset

How's he gonna do it? Babalu has alot better of a ground game and their standup is about the same and Babalu will of course take him down. The only way I see Lambert winning is a flash KO or something like that.

Post #4   2/23/07 6:38:54PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I''ll take Babalu by sub after he softens him up some with strikes, round 2

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   2/23/07 6:46:53PM   

Punishment

Learning to Sprawl

Punishment Avatar

Career:102-57
Camp: UFC POOL
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Punishment

How's he gonna do it? Babalu has alot better of a ground game and their standup is about the same and Babalu will of course take him down. The only way I see Lambert winning is a flash KO or something like that.

You said it yourself, If their standup is about the same and Babalu ISNT able to take Lambert down, he can obviously win a Decision.

But i think Lambert will be the one to take Babalu down in this fight, keeep a good base, control the fight , and he ccould win a decision

Post #6   2/23/07 6:49:37PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by Punishment

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by Punishment

You said it yourself, If their standup is about the same and Babalu ISNT able to take Lambert down, he can obviously win a Decision.

But i think Lambert will be the one to take Babalu down in this fight, keeep a good base, control the fight , and he ccould win a decision

It's a very very long shot but I could be wrong. Rashad dispatched him fairly easily on the ground so I think Babalu should have no problem either, unless he pulls another stunt like he did against Chuck wtf was he thinking?

Last edited 2/23/07 7:10PM server time by fedorwins1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   2/23/07 7:10:08PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I''ll take Babalu by sub after he softens him up some with strikes, round 2

Agreed.

Post #8   2/24/07 12:23:19AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Sobral is much better overall

everything Lambert does Sobral does better....

am i the only one who hates calling Sobral .."Babalu"?

Post #9   2/24/07 12:39:36AM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
i agree babalu should be fighting a contender. i think this is a win for him

Post #10   2/24/07 1:48:59AM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*