Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dean Lister vs. Jeremy Horn at TUF 7 Finale

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
Confirmed on the UFC TUF 7 Finale event fight card and didn't see it posted anywhere on here.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.fightCard&eid=1183

Post #1   4/23/08 9:20:00PM   

StevenSeagal

Banned

Career:182-96
Chips:
WAR Lister. lets get the sport jiu jitsu converted to MMA jj... and he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Two JJ guys going at it. nice to see. its rare.

Last edited 4/23/08 9:24PM server time by stevenseagal
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   4/23/08 9:23:54PM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
I wonder if Horn will train or at least try to get into shape...
Great pedigree- great fighter but definately at the end of his career unless he finds some desire, and not just for a paycheck.

Post #3   4/23/08 9:24:07PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Keep in mind this is 4 1/2 years ago; but for those who would like to read a PBP of their first fight (which Horn won by Majority Decision), here it is:

The main event – As they came in, Horn seemed the more relaxed of the two – Horn comes out throwing a

left jab – Lister counters with a right Thai kick to the head – They both miss – As Horn come in again with

punches, Lister goes for a double leg and brings Horn down – Horn right away gets in the half-guard and

starts delivering left punches to Lister's right side of the body – After being in the half-guard for awhile, Horn

is able to get the full guard but Lister is able to put Horn's left hand underneath his back – Lister starts

delivering right punches to Horn's face – no damage – All of a sudden, Horn gets what looks to be a tight

triangle choke – To Lister's credit, he is able to hold off the triangle and slam Horn – not a hard slam but

enough to make Horn let go – Lister circles to Horn's back and gets both hooks in after a short struggle –

Lister attempts to get a rear naked choke - Horn defends well - Horn reverses the position and brings Lister

to his back – now it’s Horn on the top and Lister now using his open guard – At this time, Lister is bleeding

all over the place from the top of his head – It seems that when he slammed Horn, somehow he cut himself

on Horn’s heel – Ref asks Lister if he's okays - Lister responds verbally that he’s okay and by holding Horn

tight – Ref still stops the fight to check the cut – The fight is restarted in the same position – After a short

struggle on the ground, the bell rings.

RD 2

Horn comes in - Lister delivers an outside roundhouse kick to the thigh – Horns smiles at the kick, then

counters with a right punch – Lister goes for the double leg and Horn defends – Lister is then able to pull

Horn into his guard – After a struggle on the ground, Horn is able to get the full mount and then decides to

stand-up and pull away – Then Horn comes back down with a left hand to Lister's face – Once again, Horn

is in Lister's open guard – They eventually get back on their feet with Lister pushing Horn against the cage

and delivering a left and a right punch – Lister then goes for a single leg and takes Horn down but Horn

bounces right back up – Lister, still holding the single leg, is able to take Horn back down – This time Horn

is playing the open guard – Now it gets interesting – Lister makes a move to get the side mount - Horn pulls

away but leaves his neck exposed – Lister right away goes for the guillotine choke but Horn right away rolls

to his back to avoid the choke – Lister is still holding a half-guillotine (only one hand in) – Lister rolls Horn

over (Horn does a summersault over Lister) trying to create pressure on Horns neck to submit him – Horn

does a great job of staying side ways to avoid the guillotine and slowly but surely pulls out of it – Horn goes

back to playing open guard – While in the guard, Horn is able to deliver a couple of punches as well as

Lister but none of the punches did any damage – Bell rings

RD 3

Both come out throwing jabs – Lister throws a left Thai kick to the head but Horn blocks it – Lister tries to

kick Horn but goes down to his own back, tempting Horn to come down – Horn pulls away and motions

Lister to get back up – They stand - After another Thai kick, Lister goes for another single leg takedown –

Horn sprawls and takes Lister down – Horn has the side mount with Lister trying to pull guard – After a short

struggle on the ground, Horn is able to maneuver himself to the other side of Lister's body and delivers a

couple of good knees to Lister's head and face – after a short struggle, Horn pulls up and away – Horn now

motions Lister to stand-up – Lister stands – both fighters throw punches – Horn throws a kick to Lister’s

head that barely misses – Horn then comes in with a couple of punches and Lister right away goes for the

takedown but Horn defends and puts Lister on his back – Horn is able to get side-mount – Lister then gets

full guard but then Horn counters and regains side-mount – after a short struggle, the ref stands them up –

Horn comes at Lister – Lister delivers a low Thai kick to the leg – Lister clinches and brings Horn down into

his half-guard – bell rings as Horn delivers body punches

RD 4

By this time, Horn looks to be the fresher of the two – Lister delivers a straight right that catches Horn in the

face – Horn comes back with his own right – Lister then goes to the mat to avoid any further punches –

Horn pulls back and Lister is stood-up by the ref – Horn blocks a high kick to the head and keeps coming

forward – Lister looks exhausted – Lister throws a high front kick but falls back – Horn pulls away and Lister

stands back up – Horn comes forward and Lister throws a right cross that is blocked – after a few

exchanges form both fighters, Horn comes in with a kick as Lister is going for the leg takedown – Horn

catches Lister right on the arms with the kick and the force of the kick sends Lister back against the cage –

Horn comes in a with a straight right that lands on Lister’s face – Lister right away tries for a single leg –

Horn is able to escape and counter with punches – As they circle the ring, Horn lands a low Thai kick right

behind Lister’s left knee - Horn comes in with punches and Lister goes to his back – Once again, Lister

plays the half-guard – Horn is able to deliver a couple of good punches before they are forced to stand back

up – Horn blocks another left kick to the head – They clinch and then Lister lands a right punch - Then

follows it up with a right elbow to Horn’s face – Horn slaps his own face to say it’s okay – Horn comes back

with his own left, right, left punch combo then follows it up with a kick – As Lister throws a left kick, Horn

grabs it and takes him down – Horn is able to pull away and stand-up – But right away, Lister grabs for the

double leg and takes Horn down – Lister delivers a couple of short elbows while in Horn’s open guard –

Lister goes on the offensive throwing short punches and elbows that land but not causing much damage –

Horn is able to push away and tries to stand-up and reverses that position – Horn is now in the side mount –

with 10 seconds left in the round, both fighters start delivering punches at each other until the round ends –

Horn looks to have just edged out Lister for the win - Horn wins by majority decision

SOURCE: http://www.thefightgame.tv/King-of-the-Cage-31-Recap.htm

Post #4   4/23/08 9:28:45PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
this should be a great display of JJ. Lister doesn't have the stand up that Marquardt has so Horn don't use Horn's previous fight as an indication of this one even though his last fight was a battle between two JJ guys as well. if ADCC records mean anything (which im sure it really doesn't) Dean is 7-2 with wins over Marquardt (however in MMA he lost to MArquardt) and Pe De Pano Cruz while losing to Almeida. Horn is 1-1 with his loss coming from Matt Hughes. i think Lister has shown he has adapted to the MMA pretty well now and i believe Horn is on a slippery slope down hill. i like Lister in this fight, i believe his JJ is better which will lead him to a decision victory as he wins the battle on the ground.

Last edited 4/23/08 9:32PM server time by jiujitsufreak74
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   4/23/08 9:31:54PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
Well said JJfreak, I hope Horn wins though. Yet, I see Lister winning as well.

Post #6   4/23/08 9:36:34PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Horn needs to drop a weight class if he wants to stay in the UFC

and i dont think that ADCC records mean anything. Two different sports.

Post #7   4/23/08 9:38:31PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,835-1,784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think this is obviously a last chance for both of them. Neither will have the edge they always have on the ground, both of them lack stand up...although Dean has shown vast improvement...and I bet the loser is back to the minor leagues. I see Dean taking the UD in this one, he has improved a lot lately and has more desire, he is also in better shape, and has a better chin IMO.

Post #8   4/23/08 9:42:49PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

this should be a great display of JJ. Lister doesn't have the stand up that Marquardt has so Horn don't use Horn's previous fight as an indication of this one even though his last fight was a battle between two JJ guys as well. if ADCC records mean anything (which im sure it really doesn't) Dean is 7-2 with wins over Marquardt (however in MMA he lost to MArquardt) and Pe De Pano Cruz while losing to Almeida. Horn is 1-1 with his loss coming from Matt Hughes. i think Lister has shown he has adapted to the MMA pretty well now and i believe Horn is on a slippery slope down hill. i like Lister in this fight, i believe his JJ is better which will lead him to a decision victory as he wins the battle on the ground.

im fairly certain Horns loss to matt hughes in the ADCC was staged. horn and hughes were training together at MFS, somebody put matt hughes in the 185 pound division by accident, they eventually had to square off and before they agreed to split the cash for the fastest tap out of the night.

if horn comes into the fight in shape i could see him taking it.

Post #9   4/23/08 11:07:53PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
LETS GO GUMBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #10   4/23/08 11:34:37PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
this is a good fight. they both need a good win like this to get back on track. but i can see this becoming either an amazing submission match or a 15min show of two old guys laying on the mat.

Post #11   4/23/08 11:35:17PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Didnt even know these two were still in the UFC, because at this point i dont think either can hang with UFC guys or the contenders. But should be a solid match up but i just dont think either should be in the ufc anymore. just thought i'd throw out my thought on those two.

Post #12   4/23/08 11:51:14PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
This should be a good fight. It is perfect in my opinion for a fight night, or TUF Finale. I like Lister, he is by no means a top 10 fighter, but I enjoy watching him fight. I wish that he would be used more so we can see how good he can be, or if he should stick to training fighters, or be in a different org. There are oppurtunities for him in the WEC to make an impact. How do you think he would do against someone like Sonnen, and or Filho.

Post #13   4/24/08 12:01:00AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
meh....

Post #14   4/24/08 12:22:47AM   

JuggaloWarrior878

Juggalo 4 Life

JuggaloWarrior878 Avatar

Career:2,680-1,559
Camp: Hatchet House
Chips:
ya i just saw this on ufc.com im interested. the first fight was pretty close in my opinion. good fight for both of them, see if jeremy still has it or if lister is right for the ufc

Post #15   4/24/08 1:19:06AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2