Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC fantasy LHW tournament

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
One thing, I didn't include Chuck in the tournament, once I was finished I wasn't sure why, so let's just call it a #1 contender tourny or something...

1. Tito
2. Babalu
3. Rampage
4. Rashad
5. Machida
6. Bisbing
7. Jardine
8. Forrest
9. Lambert
10. Vitor
11. Matt Hamil
12. Bonnar
13. Hoger
14. James Irvin
15. David Heath
16. Van Arsdale

BRACKET 1:

Tito / Van Arsdale
Rampage / Irvin
Machida / Bonnar
Jardine / Vitor

Bracket 2:

Babalu / David Heath
Rashad / Hoger
Bisbing / Hamil
Forest / Lambert

Whadayall think?

Comments / suggestions /

Posted by Bountytaker

A tourney would be an interesting idea....LH and Lightweights in UFC are ripe for one, with plenty of good matchups possible.

As for your fantasy version, here are some of my opinions:

1) You've got Babalu too high...he had his shot against chuck, and didn't show us much. He should drop.

2) I'm still not convinced that Rashad Evans is the 4th best contender yet, although he is moving up on my list....but then again, there aren't many on the list, so....Still, right now, I think Forrest could take Evans, so i'd have him as the higher seed.

3) Rampage should be the #1 contender in reality.....so he should get the 1 seed.

4) Love the potential of a Bisbing/Hamil fight...

5) I'd flip Hogar and Bonnar...I think they are going in opposite directions. A Machida/Hogar fight might be more fun.

6) Jardine/Vitor could be THE fight of your tourney...I think it'd be a WAR.

7) Some good matches overall, but some sleepers too...although you've got a heck of a second round brewing....nicely done

That's about all I've got...

if youre using the ncaa bracket system for the tournament
before you seed them you could use the ranking system also when it comes to losses.
if a top 5 guy has a loss in his last 2 ppvs he drops 2 spots,
if a 6 - 10 guy has a loss in his last 2 ppvs he drops 3 spots,
if an 11 - 16 guy has a loss in his last 2 ppvs he drops 4 spots.

with this method you could have fast rising new fighter (cinderalla) make it into the tournament with a couple of good wins in his last 2 ppvs

also the cheater bonnar (the schoolthat has the brainiac students do their homework) gets kicked out of the tourny no matter what the record

Post #16   2/24/07 12:06:23AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Machida just fought Hoger and destroyed him for 3 rounds.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   2/24/07 12:35:47AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,688-1,022
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by Punishment

Bonnar took care of Irvin within 2 mins and you got him beating Rampage/Rashad & Bisping ? WoW

Finals: Rampage Vs. Tito.... but too bad they'd NEVER fight

Anybody can pick the favorites... I wanted a good story line.

I think Irvin has the potential to be a great LH. He has great athletic ability, sometimes he looks great (Martin), and sometimes he's not so great (Kimura by Bonnar).

Post #18   2/24/07 7:57:10AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,688-1,022
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by Punishment

Bonnar took care of Irvin within 2 mins and you got him beating Rampage/Rashad & Bisping ? WoW

I think Irvin has the potential to be a great LH. He has great athletic ability, sometimes he looks great (Martin), and sometimes he's not so great (Kimura by Bonnar).

Now that I think about it, he didn't look great against Martin either... he lost the first round and then landed the infamous flying knee. Oh well, I'm sticking by my picks.

Post #19   2/24/07 7:59:17AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by Punishment

Irvin is pushing 30, looks like his potential has gone down the swan mate. Terry Martin is his best win, that pretty much sums up his record, losses to Bonnar, Lodune and Mike Kyle are never going to do you any favors, you really are living in fantasy land if you think Irvin has a chance against either 3. I hope you didn't rank him ahead of them

Post #20   2/24/07 8:29:56AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by RichBoy

I thought Van Arsdale retired ?

Not sure if he did or not...

Like I mentioned before I had just rewatched his fight with Randy, and thought that his wrestling could give some of guys problems...

When he got matched up with Tito, I thought that would make an interesting fight, at least style-wise on paper...

Post #21   2/24/07 12:49:39PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nate22

I'm not playing this game because you all think Jardine has a chance at making the final and this upsets me deeply.

Love you guys, but never that!! lol.

I'm with you... He would have his hands full with Belfort in the first round...

I like the guy, but just because he beat Forrest doesn't mean he's ready to walk through the LHW div...

If Vitor came back to bang, this would be a hell of a war that could easily go wither way...

Post #22   2/24/07 12:55:35PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

if youre using the ncaa bracket system for the tournament
before you seed them you could use the ranking system also when it comes to losses.
if a top 5 guy has a loss in his last 2 ppvs he drops 2 spots,
if a 6 - 10 guy has a loss in his last 2 ppvs he drops 3 spots,
if an 11 - 16 guy has a loss in his last 2 ppvs he drops 4 spots.

with this method you could have fast rising new fighter (cinderalla) make it into the tournament with a couple of good wins in his last 2 ppvs

also the cheater bonnar (the schoolthat has the brainiac students do their homework) gets kicked out of the tourny no matter what the record

That would've been a better idea... I kind of rushed through it when I put it together... But this would make for some more interesting matchups...

In general I thought it was interesting to see a tournament set up in a LHW div that's really coming into it's own...

IMO, if some guy can make up some BS rankings / tournament and end up with some pretty interesting matchups that's just a testament to how much the division has improved.

Post #23   2/24/07 1:03:26PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
BRACKET 1:

Tito over Van Arsdale
Rampage over Irvin
Machida over Bonnar
Jardine over Vitor

Bracket 2:

Babalu over David Heath
Rashad over Hoger
Bisbing over Hamil
Forest over Lambert

Quarterfinals

Rampage over Tito
Jardine over Machida
Rashad over Babalu
Bisping over Forest

Semi-Finals

Rampage over Jardine
Bisping Over Rashad

Finals

Bisping over Rampage (this might be a bit biased but I think with time bisping is gonna be number 1 contender and is gonna give chuck one hell of a fight)

Post #24   2/24/07 1:40:31PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Seriously guys, no. Jardine over Machida? Jardine over even bloody Vitor is just , only because you weren't saying he could beat Forrest? Where were you guys saying he could wipe out the division before the Forrest KO?

Answer, nowhere, probably going on about a FORREST KO RD1. If you think beating Forrest Gump gives you any credibility whatsoever to beat a Machida or even a Belfort then you are very wrong.

This has taken a step out of Fantasy into the realms of ridiculous. No offence to Jardine, but he still has so much to prove to himself and the fans in the division. I hate bandwagons, and here emphasises exactly how stupid they become.

If anyone wants to attempt to argue Jardines capabilities and why or how exactly he could win those fights, go for it, please.

Post #25   2/24/07 2:08:08PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2