Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sherdog Official Mixed Martial Arts Rankings

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
There's no debate as to who sits atop Sherdog's welterweight rankings after Georges St. Pierre (Pictures) dominated the last man to beat him, Matt Serra (Pictures).

LINK

Post #1   4/23/08 11:22:24AM   

Coloss

MMA Regular

Coloss Avatar

Career:64-28
Chips:
I'm not allowed that Barnett is 7th (behind Arlovski); LHW- it is strange that Chuck is put so ahead (I personally have never liked the guy, cuz of his lack of style); MW- why the heck Trigg is before Akyiama...; LW- Sherk 8th... absolutely no comment, but Penn is 4th.. I think Sherk should be right after Gomi a.k.a 2nd.

Post #2   4/23/08 12:37:50PM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:
Yeah, LW is crazy, IMO.

However, nobody knows for sure until these guys actually start fighting eachother.

Post #3   4/23/08 1:06:27PM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
man thoes things are so damn bias... Gomi at number 1 in LW when he got completely tooled by Diaz not terribly long ago... or Jens Pulver not even in the top 5 for 145... and hendo is number 2 at 205 after 2 straight losses.... yeah thoes are really good rankings... do they have enough drungs at shergod still casue it looked like that used alot of them making thoes rankings

Post #4   4/23/08 1:17:49PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I'm just happy that Gomi is still #1 at light weight.

Post #5   4/23/08 1:31:23PM   

Coloss

MMA Regular

Coloss Avatar

Career:64-28
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Yes, Gomi still deserves that.

His loss vs Diaz means nothing, it was a very tough fight and both guys were splendid!

Post #6   4/23/08 2:04:00PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by Coloss

His loss vs Diaz means nothing, it was a very tough fight and both guys were splendid!

no seriously Rich Clementi would rip through Sherdog's #1, #2, and #3 LW picks.

Post #7   4/23/08 2:28:03PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I don't see why Rothwell is ranked in the top 10. He was an IFL start, but has never beat a top 10 HW. His last fight against a top 10 HW was in 2001 against Sylvia. Aleksander Emelianenko should be in there instead of Rothwell.

Post #8   4/23/08 2:33:38PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by Coloss

Posted by silverbullet

BJ should be number #1 He beat Gomi and hes the interim/co whatever you want call it UFC champ and IMO i think the majority of the Japanese LW's would lose in the UFC.I think BJ would beat him Again and i know its been years since they fought..I would also bet that Kenflo and Sherk would beat Gomi as well.I mean honestly if Diaz can sub Gomi than i dont see how or why Bj wouldnt do the same he RNC him in the first fight i'm sure he could do it again.

Gomi to me is with Fedor in the what have you done for me latley category..His only fight in 07 was a loss to Diaz...In 08 so far he beat Duane Ludwig who i dont consider a top 20 guy....His last win against a descent guy was Ishidia in 06.

Last edited 4/23/08 3:02PM server time by 40ouncetofreedom
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #9   4/23/08 2:58:21PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Coloss

Posted by silverbullet

sarcasm????? i hope so

i know silverbullet is always sarcastic...but i don't have a feel about your posts just yet.

as for me, no way should Gomi be #1. i have BJ, JZ and Aoki all in front of him. i don't rank Sherk b/c of his suspension, but if i did i would have him in front of Gomi as well.

Post #10   4/23/08 3:39:46PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
how is gonzaga still ranked top 10 he had a 1 highlight reel knock out against cro-cop and suddenly he is top 10. he lost his last two fights by stoppage, and seems to give up once he takes a few shots. i thought everyone was finally off his bandwagon guess not

waderlei is tough no doubt about it, but he has dropped 3 straight unless he gets back to winning i dont think he should be in the top ten.

soko had a couple flash knockouts and was exposed by machida. he doesn't have many fights, and i think should also be excluded from the top ten. especially at LHW, a stacked division.

and penn should be ranked higher

ranking dont seem to be based on skills and recent fights. it is just a popularity contest.

Post #11   4/23/08 5:28:24PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,503-1,200
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
Ok folks we have to remember where this is coming from. Sherdog is openly biased against anything UFC. They feel it makes them look smarter to acknowledge other orgs. It wasn't too long ago that people would act like they were the kings of MMA because they could talk about how great Pride was. Sherdog is keeping up this tradition by placing as many non UFC fighters in the top ten. This makes them look smarter to those people who only watch UFC and Sherdog feels they are doing the rest of the MMA world a service by bringing recognition to these other fighters and orgs.

I realize that there are a lot of UFC haters out there, but get seriously when half of the MMA pie is UFC you can't hate it you must except otherwise you can't be a MMA fan.

Post #12   4/23/08 7:13:40PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74
as for me, no way should Gomi be #1. i have BJ, JZ and Aoki all in front of him. i don't rank Sherk b/c of his suspension, but if i did i would have him in front of Gomi as well.

I have to spread the love! BJ would rip through Gomi...AGAIN!

Post #13   4/23/08 7:26:45PM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:
How is Kid Yamamoto not in the top 5 or 10 of Featherweights?
How do they still have Gomi at #1?
How do they have Florian at #10?
Just one reason why I dont like sherdog, their rankings

Post #14   4/23/08 7:27:51PM   

NWninja

Learning to Sprawl

NWninja Avatar

Career:279-161
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by Coloss

Posted by silverbullet

BJ should be number #1 He beat Gomi and hes the interim/co whatever you want call it UFC champ and IMO i think the majority of the Japanese LW's would lose in the UFC.I think BJ would beat him Again and i know its been years since they fought..I would also bet that Kenflo and Sherk would beat Gomi as well.I mean honestly if Diaz can sub Gomi than i dont see how or why Bj wouldnt do the same he RNC him in the first fight i'm sure he could do it again.

Gomi to me is with Fedor in the what have you done for me latley category..His only fight in 07 was a loss to Diaz...In 08 so far he beat Duane Ludwig who i dont consider a top 20 guy....His last win against a descent guy was Ishidia in 06.

what the hell is with bj being so underrated? he beat gomi decisively and would tear through anyone else in the LW class. hopefully after he destroys sherk he gets moved up to #1 where he belongs. besides who else in that weight class would put up a fight against gsp. B.j was kicking his ass until he gassed and got held down for the rest of the fight

Post #15   4/23/08 8:57:57PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2