Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

K-1 HERO's, 3/12/2007

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,381-1,565
Chips:
ok, so here is what i was able to pull from this site about this upcoming card.. it is all in japanese so i cant really read anything, but this is the card that i pulled from what they have up there..

caol uno vs ali ibraham
kazuyuki miyata vs kultar 'black mamba' gill
hiroyuki takaya vs andre dida
ryuki ueyama vs vitor 'shaolin' ribeiro
hideo tokoro vs katsuhiko nagata

looks like the beginning to a pretty solid card.. shaolin making his debut, so that should be good.. stoked for another uno fight also

edit: now i found it in english here

Last edited 2/23/07 1:35PM server time by ffforgottenx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/23/07 1:03:54PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Shaolin, you chose the wrong org.

Post #2   2/23/07 1:49:24PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by nate22

No way man i want to see him face Kid Yamamoto after he returns from his wreslting run.

KID is the best. I hope he gets into the olympics but then we wont be able to see him in MMA for awhile.

Post #3   2/23/07 2:02:31PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I wish Kid would start fighting guys his own weight. He's one of my favorite fighter's and I think eventaully he's gonna bite off more than he can chew. Shaolin looks like a guy who cuts a little to make weight. Someone pointed out to me here a while back that Kid doesn't even cut to make 143

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   2/23/07 2:52:28PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by nate22

No way man i want to see him face Kid Yamamoto after he returns from his wreslting run.

KID is the best. I hope he gets into the olympics but then we wont be able to see him in MMA for awhile.

Kid is great, no doubt. But joining the division based on one fight that might not happen/can't happen for a long time, is pretty stupid, there is little competition for him there, he needs to be fighting the Top 5, there were so many great fights for him and Pride and I can't see why on earth they wouldn't of tried soo hard to sign him for the GP coming up.

In regards to Kid vs Shaolin, no doubt in my mind that Shaolin would take the fight via sub, don't get me wrong Kid has great potential even at LW in MMA, but Shaolin is the real deal and with an absence from MMA, the odds keep stacking in Shaolins favor, very subjective arguments for both fighters if this fight actually ended up taking place.

Again Shaolin you chose the wrong org and it makes me weep.

Post #5   2/23/07 9:40:06PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
And why the hell an opponent with an 6-8 record for a guy who's 17-1 and has wins against the likes of Joachim Hansen, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Ivan Menjivar and Mitsuhiro Ishida???

I barely care to see him fight anymore. Who was his last nameworthy opponent since his loss to Kawajiri... Jean Silva?

Post #6   2/24/07 11:21:56AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I wish Kid would start fighting guys his own weight. He's one of my favorite fighter's and I think eventaully he's gonna bite off more than he can chew. Shaolin looks like a guy who cuts a little to make weight. Someone pointed out to me here a while back that Kid doesn't even cut to make 143

No way man he needs to stay at 155. The talent pool isnt very deep at 145. Not to mention not as many orgs have that division. Its just chaos. I can think of 4 145 guys that could be considered at the top and the are spread out.
Mark Hominick, Aoki, Uriah Faber, and Kid.

Post #7   2/25/07 10:43:02AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

No way man he needs to stay at 155. The talent pool isnt very deep at 145. Not to mention not as many orgs have that division. Its just chaos. I can think of 4 145 guys that could be considered at the top and the are spread out.
Mark Hominick, Aoki, Uriah Faber, and Kid.

Aoki usually fights at 167 in Shooto, and has a hard time making 160 when he fights in Pride. The majority of the best fighters at 145 and below fight in japan IMO. I agree about the other 3( add melendez) you posted but all the rest of the top 15 would have to come from Japan if the UFC/Pride want to start a featherweight division.

Last edited 2/25/07 10:30PM server time by hippysmacker

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   2/25/07 10:29:33PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
Yeah hippysmacker. Most of the best Light fightes in the world are Asian (japanese mostly). But there is a big problem there for the UFC. If the UFC were to bring in a ton of 145'ers to make a FW divison int he US. a lot of those guys wouldnt be able to speak english. Talk about hard to market. Imagine if a entire divison (almost) didnt speak the language of the target market. Not much $$ there.

Post #9   2/26/07 2:20:22PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Woot Caol Uno
Love watching Caol fight. Also Ribeiro should be intresting.

Last edited 2/26/07 9:25PM server time by Northrend

Post #10   2/26/07 9:24:48PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
The most important thing is that this means we get to see more 10AC.

Post #11   2/26/07 9:25:27PM   

Hogzilla

Learning to Sprawl

Hogzilla Avatar

Career:175-126
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

The most important thing is that this means we get to see more 10AC.

Precisely.

Post #12   3/1/07 12:35:30PM