Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TITO'S OPPONENT ????

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

a1strait

Learning to Sprawl

a1strait Avatar

Career:214-114
Camp: TEAM KILLDEM
Chips:
Does anyone know whos Tito's opponent for ufc 70 is? I heard rumours that it was Forest but now he's fighting Machida so I have no clue if he is even fighting at the event. Also if there is any title defense bout that will happen at the event?

Post #1   2/23/07 11:49:10AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:

Posted by a1strait

Does anyone know whos Tito's opponent for ufc 70 is? I heard rumours that it was Forest but now he's fighting Machida so I have no clue if he is even fighting at the event. Also if there is any title defense bout that will happen at the event?

as of right now, nobody knows who tito will be fighting.. the event is still about 2 months away, so they probably wont announce who he is fighting for a little while..

and no, there are no title defenses at this event.. a heavyweight title shot will be earned by either cro cop or gonzaga, but there are no belts on the line at this event.. unless they make a surprise change to the prospective lineup.. but i doubt it.. silva just fought and is fighting in june, liddell is fighting in may, sylvia is fighting in early march, sherk is fighting in july, and GSP is fighting in april..

Post #2   2/23/07 11:56:28AM   

a1strait

Learning to Sprawl

a1strait Avatar

Chips:
Then it could be a possibility he might fight Jardine

Post #3   2/23/07 12:00:33PM   

AO

MMA Regular

Career:480-289
Chips:
I've heard rashad mentioned also.

Post #4   2/23/07 12:40:09PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I think it'll be Jardine (just opinion), but Rashad would be an interesting matchup... Either way it should be a good fight unless they give him a can which I don't think they will.

It's fun watching the LHW picture unravel especially now that they are starting to pit the better fighters against eachother.

IMO, they want to build Rashad up more before someone really has a chance at breaking his undefeated streak and I see Rashad / Tito ending up like Tito / Randy for some reason. Just experience over youth...

Jardine makes more sense because the UFC has nothing to lose if Kieth loses and everything to gain if the Dean of Mean pulls of the W...

Post #5   2/23/07 12:50:16PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I think it'll be Jardine (just opinion), but Rashad would be an interesting matchup... Either way it should be a good fight unless they give him a can which I don't think they will.

It's fun watching the LHW picture unravel especially now that they are starting to pit the better fighters against eachother.

IMO, they want to build Rashad up more before someone really has a chance at breaking his undefeated streak and I see Rashad / Tito ending up like Tito / Randy for some reason. Just experience over youth...

Jardine makes more sense because the UFC has nothing to lose if Kieth loses and everything to gain if the Dean of Mean pulls of the W...

Yeah i dont think Dana wants to risk Rashad losing.
But man if he won. That would be sick he would clearly bea Top 10 LHW then.

I think Jardine is the man for the job. If he loses no biggy. And if he wins Biggy!
I think Jardine will fight tito. But if he wins then he will have overshadowed Rashad. That is until Rashad beats Rampage. then maybe we will get some believers.

Post #6   2/23/07 1:06:37PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Yeah i dont think Dana wants to risk Rashad losing.
But man if he won. That would be sick he would clearly bea Top 10 LHW then.

I think Jardine is the man for the job. If he loses no biggy. And if he wins Biggy!
I think Jardine will fight tito. But if he wins then he will have overshadowed Rashad. That is until Rashad beats Rampage. then maybe we will get some believers.

Agreed... Even if Jardine overshadows Rashad by beating Tito, then that just sets up a Rashad / Jardine match...

If they go with Kieth, it seems like a win win for the UFC...

Post #7   2/23/07 1:28:47PM   

a1strait

Learning to Sprawl

a1strait Avatar

Chips:
Rashad said he would never fight Keith because they are like brothers...and if it came down to it he would move to heavyweight. It suck because I believe that would be one of the best matches up to date (way better then their fight on the Ultimate Fighter)

Post #8   2/23/07 1:47:14PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by a1strait

as of right now, nobody knows who tito will be fighting.. the event is still about 2 months away, so they probably wont announce who he is fighting for a little while..

and no, there are no title defenses at this event.. a heavyweight title shot will be earned by either cro cop or gonzaga, but there are no belts on the line at this event.. unless they make a surprise change to the prospective lineup.. but i doubt it.. silva just fought and is fighting in june, liddell is fighting in may, sylvia is fighting in early march, sherk is fighting in july, and GSP is fighting in april..

This fight card doesn't need a title defense. It's stacking up nicely without one. A deep card if you ask me.

Post #9   2/23/07 2:03:51PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:
Or maybe the possibility of Tito fighting at UFC 70 is nothing more then a rumor? I could see the UFC matching Jardine up with Tito. This way, if Jardine wins(unlikely, but possible), he would be the next candidate for a title shot. Or matching Rashad up with Tito could be an entertaining match. It would also be Rashads greatest test and we would see how his wrestling matches up against the likes of Tito.

Post #10   2/23/07 4:08:22PM   

deehjhay

Learning to Sprawl

deehjhay Avatar

Career:19-11
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
it definitely should be jardine... rashad has earned the respect to fight against rampage or even the iceman himself...

Post #11   2/23/07 5:57:08PM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,719-1,045
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

This fight card doesn't need a title defense. It's stacking up nicely without one. A deep card if you ask me.

This card is awesome, with or without Tito. I have tickets for the Houston show, and man this one blows 69 out.

Post #12   2/23/07 6:03:30PM   

Punishment

Learning to Sprawl

Punishment Avatar

Career:102-57
Camp: UFC POOL
Chips:
Ive heard through some realible sources that he is set to fight Jardine next @ UFC 70

Post #13   2/23/07 6:09:02PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
This card is already stacked. If they have him fight Jardine, I think it will be a co-main event on a different card.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #14   2/23/07 6:48:10PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,283-797
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

This card is already stacked. If they have him fight Jardine, I think it will be a co-main event on a different card.

I agree this card is stacked and its hard to see Tito fighting the first match of the night with all those good matches. But maybe with the UFC getting all this talent this is how most PPV will start to look(only we can hope)

Post #15   2/23/07 11:18:18PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2