Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kimbo Slice v.s James Thomson

Print  
Who do you think will win?
Kimbo Slice 37 53%
James Thompson 33 47%
Draw 0 0%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
Thomspon will wear him out and make Kimbo punch drunk. Mark my words.

Post #16   4/21/08 11:54:07PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I think it's an easy KO win for Kimbo. If Thompson tries to gong and dash against a guy that can hit as hard as Kimbo then this fight won't go 10 seconds.

You people are crazy if you really think Kimbo has power...... Just down load his street fights they show him pounding on untrained fighters with bare knuckles if he was so damm powerfull he would have KO'd those fools in the first minute......

WAR James Thompson

Have you ever seen Thompson fight? Apparently not if you dont think Kimbo can knock him out. This guy is training with Bas Rutten and has become a dedicated mixed martial artist and has come a long way since his street fighting days. If i had fists the size of Kimbos and hit Thompson he would probably drop, his hands are probably heavy enough even if you dont think he has power.

James is training with Extreme Couture (So what about Rutten)

Kimbo has been training what a year and a half??? I guess you can consider that a long ways, I consider it a good start

Plus the guys who KO'd JT were REAL FIGHTERS not internet sensations

Post #17   4/22/08 12:02:45AM   

DonHagliatelli

Learning to Sprawl

DonHagliatelli Avatar

Career:162-103
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I'm going with JT.

I'm hoping to see some ground skills he's picked up at Extreme Couture.

He showed some good wrestling and takedowns in his last fight but couldn't keep the bigger man down.

What with Kimbo being smaller and being less experienced I think JT will be able to take chanrge.

WAR JT!!

Post #18   4/22/08 4:25:45AM   

Rollins

Standup Guy

Rollins Avatar

Career:390-236
Chips:
I don't give a fukk if James wins or gets the fukk Knocked Out to tell you dirtbags the truth, the man has more class then any of you might know and after his fight you'll understand why we support a man of such class.

Last edited 4/22/08 4:44AM server time by RollinsisGod
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   4/22/08 4:43:55AM   

Jamie

Learning to Sprawl

Jamie Avatar

Career:239-112
Chips:
James is a scarily strong guy, he's huge.

I see him taking Kimbo to the ground and wearing him down. James has a tendancy to perform 100x better as the underdog.

Dvd's > Youtube.

Post #20   4/22/08 4:55:38AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
If Thompson fights the smart fight and doesn't get caught standing he could take this fight easily... Or at least show us how Slice reacts to being put in bad situations in a fight, or if he can fight off his back...

I would imagine JT's training TD's, GnP, etc over at ExCouture, so I would think Bas would have Kimbo working diligently on TD def... While Thompson does rise to the occasion, his chin is still questionable and Kimbo seems like he hits pretty hard which can be a pretty bad combination...

Should be a good fight, IMO... At least iis a step up in competition for Kimbo, and gives JT the opportunity to step up on the big stage

Post #21   4/22/08 9:14:21AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
One thing about JT and Kimbo-

JT has a tendency to really piss guys off. He's a brawler through and through, and Kimbo is emotional. I picture JT getting up in Kimbo's face and talking a lot of shit leading into this fight and forcing Kimbo to lose his composure. I could see JT rushing in early, and Kimbo wanting to slug it out because he's emotional like he is. That could be bad for Kimbo because JT could just rush in and do a hug n slug a la Frye vs. Takayama. This could lead to Kimbo gassing out, if you ask me. With JT's big ass laying on you against the fence and throwing some dirty boxing it could be a long night for Kimbo.

However, with his footwork and head movement if Kimbo stays calm and dances around JT I could see him putting him to sleep early.

Post #22   4/22/08 2:38:01PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
Kimbo KO 1st minute

Post #23   4/22/08 3:37:36PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Chips:
Kimbo's gonna have no answer to a Colossus on top of him pounding down and showing the wrestling Randy's been working w/ him on.

Post #24   4/22/08 4:59:00PM   

TOTTEN

Learning to Sprawl

Career:196-137
Chips:
Kimbo has nothing on JT. WAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR JT

Post #25   4/22/08 6:18:06PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:

Posted by RollinsisGod

I don't give a fukk if James wins or gets the fukk Knocked Out to tell you dirtbags the truth, the man has more class then any of you might know and after his fight you'll understand why we support a man of such class.

No one is questioning his class. I have no problem with James Thompson as a person. He does sound like a great guy. But this thread isnt about Kimbo and JT's personalities, its about what is gonna happen when they fight. And so you calling people dirtbags for saying he is gonna lose is ridiculous since his weakness is Kimbo's strength

Post #26   4/23/08 1:00:03AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by RollinsisGod

No one is questioning his class. I have no problem with James Thompson as a person. He does sound like a great guy. But this thread isnt about Kimbo and JT's personalities, its about what is gonna happen when they fight. And so you calling people dirtbags for saying he is gonna lose is ridiculous since his weakness is Kimbo's strength

just some friendly advice...don't piss the JT WW off

but seriously i am going to support JT through this one, partly because i hate Kimbo, partly because i respect JT and think he has the tools to win. JT WW, keep doing what you are doing, your bond with JT is the envy of all fighter fanatics...well at least for me

Post #27   4/23/08 1:11:42AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by RollinsisGod

Having an issue with adjective-choosing is as eloquently futile as chasing a tail. And let's be honest, neither of us have a tail. Though sometimes when I sit on the toilet and I haven't pinched it off yet, it may appear as though I do. But I digress, and regardless, the adjective was used not against those who said he may lose, but as a generality, deservedly, for many MMA messageboard posters.

Thank you. KPro in 08.

Post #28   4/23/08 1:27:43AM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
james will be out within 10 seconds after a bum rush. kimbo hits hard+ james thomson worst chin in mma other then maybe houston alexander. i would love for james to shock me though. warrrr JT.

Last edited 4/23/08 1:36AM server time by andersondasilva

Post #29   4/23/08 1:35:59AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by RollinsisGod

Puppermaster I know your from Tacoma and there calling someone a dirtbag might be an insult...... But as you head out on I-5 down towards Olympia calling someone a dirtbag is more a way to tell a friend "I love you man" (I now feel the love!)

Here I'll use it in a sentence "Kracker-Jap your a total Dirtbag"

I hope that clears it up for everyone.....

BTW Kimbo is going to get his car repo'ed by JT

Last edited 4/23/08 10:18AM server time by Kracker_Jap
2 total post edits

Post #30   4/23/08 10:16:15AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3