Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

WERDUM VS AA, Forrest vs Lyoto-confirmed who takes it

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

well then can't you say pawul nastula is top 10 too with only defeats comin from barnett and (big nog is it??) aleks E

I think Nastula has the skill... But you're comparing a guy with one win vs a guy with ten...

If nastula could rack up nine more wins, why wouldn't people talk about him on a top ten list???

Last edited 2/23/07 3:31PM server time by pv3Hpv3p
Edit note/reason: grammer

Post #31   2/23/07 3:30:51PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i wouldnt NOT consider him top 10 but arlovksi's 10 that he did beat are not top 10 (besides sylvia, rizzo and i guess ricco) while nastula would have to face fedor, aleks, big nog, barnett, etc etc

i guess what im tryin to say is that i think arlovski has yet to prove himself against a REAL competitor (and not win by a cheap shot vs cruz imo). if he wins over crocop then he'll have my respect

Post #32   2/23/07 3:37:30PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:
Does anybody think Griffin has a chance against Lyoto? I think were going to see another Lyoto vs Bonnar. Lyoto's stand up is too good for Griffin. But maybe Griffin has a chance at beating Lyoto on the ground?

Werdum is gonna be a good test for Arlovski, but I think that Arlovski is gonna prove that he is not so overrated after all. In my opinion, Werdum wont be able to take this fight to the ground and Arlovski will eventually get the KO.

Post #33   2/23/07 4:03:50PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
great news and i cant wait!!!

the only thing thats gonna suck is watching this alone with sleepy eyes at 11 am

Forrest is getting a tough fight but i think it will be great

Werdum/AA....hope Arlovski takes it

Post #34   2/23/07 4:07:59PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by shawneth

Does anybody think Griffin has a chance against Lyoto? I think were going to see another Lyoto vs Bonnar. Lyoto's stand up is too good for Griffin. But maybe Griffin has a chance at beating Lyoto on the ground?

Werdum is gonna be a good test for Arlovski, but I think that Arlovski is gonna prove that he is not so overrated after all. In my opinion, Werdum wont be able to take this fight to the ground and Arlovski will eventually get the KO.

Sure he stands a chance... I'm a huge Machida fan, but there is a lot of hype around him and I think he really only has a slight edge on paper...

With that being said I think Machida will take it, by TKO / ref stoppage in the late 2nd or early 3rd...

I love the way Lyo strikes he just doesn't seem to have the God-given KO power like some fighters at 205...

Post #35   2/23/07 4:26:30PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i wish we could bet real money on fights here..

Post #36   2/23/07 4:27:21PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

who would rank arlovski @ 6 when he's 10-5 with loses to datsik, sylvia 2x, rizzo and ricco ?)

Werdum should definitely be ahead of him. That's about all I have to say on that considering the HW div isn't exactly overflowing w/ top talent these days.

Post #37   2/23/07 4:31:51PM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,654-1,006
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by OB_Juan

Posted by loller90278

who would rank arlovski @ 6 when he's 10-5 with loses to datsik, sylvia 2x, rizzo and ricco ?)

Werdum should definitely be ahead of him. That's about all I have to say on that considering the HW div isn't exactly overflowing w/ top talent these days.

I think the UFC HW division is getting very good. They have 4 of the top 7 HW according to MMAWEEKLY rankings. 4 UFC, 5 Pride and one Fedor make up the top 10.

Post #38   2/23/07 5:51:08PM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

i wouldnt NOT consider him top 10 but arlovksi's 10 that he did beat are not top 10 (besides sylvia, rizzo and i guess ricco) while nastula would have to face fedor, aleks, big nog, barnett, etc etc

i guess what im tryin to say is that i think arlovski has yet to prove himself against a REAL competitor (and not win by a cheap shot vs cruz imo). if he wins over crocop then he'll have my respect

Is that all he has to do. I would hate to have to work for you.

Post #39   2/23/07 5:52:56PM   

deehjhay

Learning to Sprawl

deehjhay Avatar

Career:19-11
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
I think werdum is too much for AA on the ground... I believe that ryoto will bring that same explosion he did against hoger and possibly ko forrest in the 1st or 2nd...

Post #40   2/23/07 5:53:32PM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Chips:

Posted by deehjhay

I think werdum is too much for AA on the ground... I believe that ryoto will bring that same explosion he did against hoger and possibly ko forrest in the 1st or 2nd...

Remember that AA has a background in Sambo and has snapped limbs in MMA events in the past. However, I agree that Werdum should pull out the win.

Post #41   2/23/07 5:55:44PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Just got this off the front page of the UFC website, so it's completey official now.

UFC Announces UK Fight Card
The Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization today announced to the world it will stage UFC 70: NATIONS COLLIDE - the largest MMA event ever seen in the United Kingdom - at Manchester's MEN Arena Saturday, April 21, 2007.

Headlining UFC 70 is Croatian superstar Mirko “Cro Cop” vs. Gabriel Gonzaga. The main card also features Belaruse heavyweight Andrei Arlovski vs. Fabricio Werdum and Forrest Griffin vs. Lyoto Machida. The event will also mark the homecoming for Britain’s own Michael Bisping, the winner of the most recent season of the hit reality show, The Ultimate Fighter® 3 which airs on Spike TV in the US and on Bravo in the UK.

Last edited 2/23/07 8:17PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #42   2/23/07 6:20:45PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by shawneth

Sure he stands a chance... I'm a huge Machida fan, but there is a lot of hype around him and I think he really only has a slight edge on paper...

With that being said I think Machida will take it, by TKO / ref stoppage in the late 2nd or early 3rd...

I love the way Lyo strikes he just doesn't seem to have the God-given KO power like some fighters at 205...

There is so much mystique around Lyoto. Before he came to the UFC most people didnt even know what he looked like. All the knew was he beat Franklin.
I think Lyoto is good but he is hyped up almost in place of Rickson Gracie.
He is a dam good fighter though and i am looking forward to a good fight between him and griffin.

Post #43   2/23/07 8:56:29PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Rickson? That's a lotta hype. A point for Machida though, he actually fight's people

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #44   2/23/07 9:09:54PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Lyoto deserves some hype, The Rickson statement is a little drastic though. Everybody has wanted to see him fight some top competition for a while and although Forrest isn't exactly it, it beats fighting in K1 and Jungle Fight.

Forrest will stand with him no doubt and has a good chance to KO him at any point in the fight, more likely scenario is he will be outstruck and the question is whether or not Forrest will take the fight and be able to succeed on the ground. I doubt that he can or will. I'm very happy with the matchmaking here and think that it's a great fight for the division as I said before, time to see what Lyoto's made of, hopefully one of the two can end the fight.

Post #45   2/23/07 9:30:03PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4