Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WERDUM VS AA, Forrest vs Lyoto-confirmed who takes it

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

SilentOutlaw

Learning to Sprawl

SilentOutlaw Avatar

Career:2,873-1,505
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This is great news. Thanks for posting the article.

Last edited 1/8/11 9:02PM server time by Silentoutlaw
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   2/23/07 11:40:26AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by xchickox

what happened to tito fighting on this card?

I believe he is still on it. just no set oppent yet. Everyone assumed that since him and Forrest were on teh card they were fighting each other.

Post #17   2/23/07 12:33:46PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
And when BK told you guys about this fight 3 or 4 days ago, everyone argued about why it wasn't going to happen.

Thank god it's Forrest - Machida rather than Forrest - Tito, good call UFC.

Post #18   2/23/07 1:27:59PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nate22

And when BK told you guys about this fight 3 or 4 days ago, everyone argued about why it wasn't going to happen.

Thank god it's Forrest - Machida rather than Forrest - Tito, good call UFC.

I dont check Bloody Knux Regualry Its just not one of my main info sites. It is pretty good but there are just so many out there.

Post #19   2/23/07 1:32:21PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:
No, I posted it here and everyone was like NOWAY lol.

BK has the best educated posters anywhere imo, there is alot to learn for anybody reading their MMA forums.

Post #20   2/23/07 1:34:46PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
sounds like a sweet card, too bad it won't be live

Post #21   2/23/07 1:36:46PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nate22

BK has the best educated posters anywhere imo, there is alot to learn for anybody reading their MMA forums.

Really i must have missed it i dont remember it. and i do post here a lot. I dont doubt you though.

Post #22   2/23/07 1:56:59PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
This is great news! Tim Sylvia is finally going to face some top competition. This is the year for the UFC Heavy Weight Division.

Post #23   2/23/07 2:01:35PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by nate22

Really i must have missed it i dont remember it. and i do post here a lot. I dont doubt you though.

It's cool man, this is the first confirmation of the bout anyhow and Forrest - Lyoto is news (great news) to me.

Post #24   2/23/07 2:02:55PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Well Nate you were right. I admit I was one of the skeptical ones. It just seems strange that the UFC would throw him in with Arlovski immediately to me, but i"m glad I was wrong. This card look's awesome now. I wonder if the rumor about him and Cro-0cop being on the outs is true as well. I want to see that fight too. MMAweekly doesn't have this on the front page but Werdum is listed as fighting Arlovski on the rumors page. Also Assuerio Silva vs Kongo is shown now too.Here's the updated rumored page

-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
-Andrei Arlovski (#6 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Fabricio Werdum (#7 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Ryoto Machida vs. Forrest Griffin
-Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
-Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Kongo
-Dennis Siver vs. Jess Liaudin
-Alessio Sakara vs. Victor Valimaki

-Tito Ortiz (#8 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA
-David Lee vs. TBA

United States PPV suggested retail price: $39.95

* Based on MMAWeekly Rankings

I'm kinda shocked Sherdog and MMAweekly got beat to the punch so badly on this one.I checked the front pages of both site, and they've got nothing on it. Props to the fight network for confirming it. Machida vs Forrest is huge too

Last edited 2/23/07 2:12PM server time by hippysmacker

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #25   2/23/07 2:10:18PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
all heavyweights are gonna go to ufc cuz nobody can beat fedor..

i'll take werdum via armbar 2R

Post #26   2/23/07 2:38:38PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
well hippysmacker MMAweekly usually is on top of the things quickly.

Sherdog however seems just to get it a little late of everyone else and is mostly articles. Not to mention Sherdog in the last little while has had spurts when things are really behind like writers columns and Radios shows.

Got mad love for the fightnetwork for this.

And Nate22 just for you im gonna start checking out Bloodyknux.com more often.

Post #27   2/23/07 2:49:08PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by nate22

Well Nate you were right. I admit I was one of the skeptical ones. It just seems strange that the UFC would throw him in with Arlovski immediately to me, but i"m glad I was wrong. This card look's awesome now. I wonder if the rumor about him and Cro-0cop being on the outs is true as well. I want to see that fight too. MMAweekly doesn't have this on the front page but Werdum is listed as fighting Arlovski on the rumors page. Also Assuerio Silva vs Kongo is shown now too.Here's the updated rumored page

-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
-Andrei Arlovski (#6 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Fabricio Werdum (#7 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Ryoto Machida vs. Forrest Griffin
-Michael Bisping vs. Elvis Sinosic
-Assuerio Silva vs. Cheick Kongo
-Dennis Siver vs. Jess Liaudin
-Alessio Sakara vs. Victor Valimaki

-Tito Ortiz (#8 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA
-David Lee vs. TBA

United States PPV suggested retail price: $39.95

* Based on MMAWeekly Rankings

I'm kinda shocked Sherdog and MMAweekly got beat to the punch so badly on this one.I checked the front pages of both site, and they've got nothing on it. Props to the fight network for confirming it. Machida vs Forrest is huge too

who would rank arlovski @ 6 when he's 10-5 with loses to datsik, sylvia 2x, rizzo and ricco ?)

Post #28   2/23/07 2:55:07PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Well Datsik( in one of the funniest fights ever by the way) was early in his career and seemed kind of a fluke to me. Rizzo was the most feared HVYweight striker in MMA at the time, He also KOed Barnett a year before that. ( 2 of the most brutal Ko's ever to me), and had 2 fight's with Coutre. ( the first of which is a war that could have gone either way) As for Sylvia , that's discussion has been done to death and he did beat him once. Ricco was a UFC heavyweight champ about a year later and took Big Nog to what I thought was a draw. So it's not like, with the exception of the fluke comedy KO from Datsik when he was a kid, he hasn't lost to good fighter's. I rank him 6th and Werdum 7th personally. Just my opinion of course

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #29   2/23/07 3:12:49PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:
well then can't you say pawul nastula is top 10 too with only defeats comin from barnett and (big nog is it??) aleks E

Last edited 2/23/07 3:27PM server time by loller90278

Post #30   2/23/07 3:26:12PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4