Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

gsp vs spider silva

Print  
gsp vs anderson sivlia
gsp 11 27%
anderson 30 73%
Posted By Message

mikek32293

Learning to Sprawl

mikek32293 Avatar

Career:87-43
Camp: cobras
Chips:
i personally think that gsp would take this one. I think he will easily be able to take anderson down and win by decision or gnp, imo

Post #1   4/20/08 7:09:40PM   

SociopathX

MMA Regular

SociopathX Avatar

Career:210-126
Chips:
Funny you should post this because me and my buddy got in a heated argument while both wasted last night about this after the GSP-Silva fight.

I like GSP more but was saying that Silva would crush him. Silva is on another level than anyone imo including GSP. I would cheer for GSP but don't think he would have much of a chance.

Post #2   4/20/08 7:16:52PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Silva By flying Knee. No Joke.

Post #3   4/20/08 7:18:29PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
well im sure gsp could get the fight to the ground and set up the take down with his technical striking.

dont think the fight will happen. too much for gsp to do in his division.

Last edited 4/27/08 8:09PM server time by twenty20dollars
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   4/20/08 7:57:49PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
anderson has run through bigger guys with more dominance, if gsp takes the spider down i don't think he'll be able to overpower him the way he overpowers welterweights, silva is deceptively strong. plus silva is a better striker. would be a good fight though.

Post #5   4/20/08 8:01:55PM   

grazz

Learning to Sprawl

grazz Avatar

Career:531-292
Camp: Grapple Attack!
Chips:
amazing fight that i'd really want to see, personally i think its much closer than the people saying "Silva by whatever he wants" argue, so i'll give the case for GSP...

GSP has a vastly better ground game than Silva, but Silva has the better stand up. Even tho he is the bigger man its widely reported out of GSP's camp that Jardine and Rashad, both 205'ers cant get GSP to the ground, so i dont think he'd have much of a problem with Silva there. However each round starts on the feet so Silva will have an advantage every round, but its not like GSP has terrible stand up, in fact his stand up USED to be what everyone talked about until he showed he could out wrestle everyone in the division.

Silva hasnt look nearly as invincible in his wins as GSP has either: he was mounted by Lutter and lost the first round to Hendo as well, whereas when GSP has won lately they've been sheer prison rapings and he's never been even remotely close to trouble.

Honestly at this point i'd favour GSP 51% to 49% Silva and thats saying a lot for a guy who is only 26 years old and fights at a lower weight class

Last edited 4/20/08 10:12PM server time by GrazZ

Post #6   4/20/08 10:03:40PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
The best part about that fight is I don't know who I would pick! Great fight that I hope happens sooner then later.

Post #7   4/20/08 10:09:23PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Silva would win this fight. Bigger guy and is very comfortable on the ground. GSP would hang with Silva but I think Silva would frustrate him into making a mistake and win by TKO second round. Silva is an animal and is the best right now. GSP is well on his way if he stays focused on his training and comes in to each fight as prepared as he was against Serra. There is no doubt that GSP and 100 percent healthy and 100 percent focused is as dangerous a fighter there is. Silva is just that much better.

Post #8   4/20/08 10:11:39PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
yall know who i picked. but i personally believe this fight could happen 10x & end with both winning 5 a piece.

Post #9   4/21/08 9:26:43AM   

ICSlegend

MMA Regular

ICSlegend Avatar

Career:56-40
Chips:

Posted by grazz

GSP has won lately they've been sheer prison rapings and he's never been even remotely close to trouble.

Tapping due to to strikes doesn't qualify as "even remotely close to trouble"?

Anyway, neither guy is invincible like some people make them out to be. Silva is a great, pinpoint striker. I see GSP being abused on the feet. And GSP is no Takase or Chonan, so I don't think he can sub Anderson. How can he win?

Unfortunately both guys will be ranked at the top of the P4P because the UFC won't bring in well-rounded top guys (Henderson "can" beat Anderson, but he's getting out of his prime imo). Okami is a pretty good test, but who is there at WW besides Hughes for GSP?. Hughes is past his prime as well.

Post #10   4/21/08 12:42:59PM   

NinjaCyborg

Forum Banned

NinjaCyborg Avatar

Career:175-184
Camp: Double Deuce
Chips:

Posted by grazz

amazing fight that i'd really want to see, personally i think its much closer than the people saying "Silva by whatever he wants" argue, so i'll give the case for GSP...

GSP has a vastly better ground game than Silva, but Silva has the better stand up. Even tho he is the bigger man its widely reported out of GSP's camp that Jardine and Rashad, both 205'ers cant get GSP to the ground, so i dont think he'd have much of a problem with Silva there. However each round starts on the feet so Silva will have an advantage every round, but its not like GSP has terrible stand up, in fact his stand up USED to be what everyone talked about until he showed he could out wrestle everyone in the division.

Silva hasnt look nearly as invincible in his wins as GSP has either: he was mounted by Lutter and lost the first round to Hendo as well, whereas when GSP has won lately they've been sheer prison rapings and he's never been even remotely close to trouble.

Honestly at this point i'd favour GSP 51% to 49% Silva and thats saying a lot for a guy who is only 26 years old and fights at a lower weight class

There is absolutely no evidence that GSP has a better ground game than Anderson Silva. Especially after Silva Vs. Henderson. Henderson is supposed to be the best wrestler in the world and Silva man handled him on the ground (in Round 2)

Post #11   4/21/08 1:03:46PM   

gskyprodigy

Learning to Sprawl

Career:136-99
Camp: Kick Ass
Chips:
......a. silva would beat gsp......

a better fight would be bj vs silva, now that would be a closer fight.

Post #12   4/21/08 1:06:23PM   

miphi1991

MMA Regular

Career:80-51
Chips:
u r serious?

Post #13   6/21/08 6:36:50PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
i think that if GSP could get over his intial fight jitters.. (and not have to win 2 rematched to prove hes better) he'd be more dominant than anderson anyday.. plus ... i'm willing to bet they walk around at about the same weight

oh and silva didnt man ahndle him.. he hit hendo and stunned him and then took his back.. with that being said.. best wrestler in the world? no! in mma? no!.. best guy outta the wrestling clinch maybe.. (note.. easy TD of A. Silva) and lay and pray/ attempt at GNP by hendo in the first.

silva wouldnt tap hendo in a grappling match imo.. but !!! silva is obviously better at striking andmma (not trying to tak anything away from him)

i think gsp would be able to defend himself standing.. take silva down and then do what hendo did .. only with more flare and damage inflicted.. i think its look like courture in anyones half guard to be honest...

gsp by tko 4th rd (and i hate gsp)

Last edited 6/21/08 6:42PM server time by jgtribbett

Post #14   6/21/08 6:39:06PM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,190-771
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I would love to see this fight but don't think it will ever happen. If it does no way I can bet against Silva right now. Silva 3rd round TKO.

Post #15   6/21/08 6:50:34PM