Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Quarry....Clowning or Classless??

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,162-1,282
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
it seemed a little out of character for Quarry to taunt him like that...but he was probably frustratede and just having fun...I dont think it was out of line..

Post #16   4/21/08 1:02:52AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,040-1,148
Chips:
AHHHH despite of whatever everybody's saying... I freaking loved it! I'm canadian and everything and from the get go picked quarry to win. Starnes got what he deserved IMO

Post #17   4/21/08 8:28:49AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
what quarry did might've bothered me under NORMAL circumstances, but starnes was horrible & embarassing

Post #18   4/21/08 9:10:30AM   

Silent-Sir

MMA Regular

Silent-Sir Avatar

Career:196-156
Chips:

Posted by EON

oh yeah he was classless, not the beligerant audience blatently booing non canadian fighters or starnes flicking quarry off and saying **** you

Right, because no U.S. crowd has ever booed a foreign fighter. I actually don't think the @!%# You was aimed at Quarry. It seemed to me like it was directed at someone else in the cage or possibly in the crowd.

I thought what Quarry did was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Starnes deserved every bit of it.

Post #19   4/21/08 10:42:22AM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well quarry had to keep the crowd entertained because im sure the crowd didnt want them to see quarry just chasing starnes. Gotta try and do something to spark some action.

Im suprised the ref didnt force starnes to engage or he will get a point taken away ala arlovski vs fabricio fight. interesting.

actually with the scoring at the end of the fight he didn't have many points to give up

30-24 and i think 30-26 man is that the most one sided scoring ever....it was well deserved in my opinion.

does anyone know a worse beat in scoring in the ufc?

Forrest Petz and Sammy Morgan is the UFC record, which was scored 30-23 Petz by one judge. Also, refuseing to engage is considered a foul according to the Unified Rules of Combat and a point could've and should've been taken from Starnes. I think he could've even been DQ'd, I mean that was ridiculous. Quarry was great by the way, crappiest fight i've ever seen but here we are talking about it. He gave the crowd something from nothing and for that I thank him.

Post #20   4/21/08 11:23:34AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
You have to give it to Quarry, he did the absolute best with what he was presented with. If he wouldn't have done the things that he did, some people may have booed him just as much for not keeping the fight interesting.

Post #21   4/21/08 11:39:13AM   

Hurricane_Brad

MMA Regular

Hurricane_Brad Avatar

Career:239-159
Chips:
I thought that it was somewhat disrespectful and out of character for Quarry, but Starnes DID run from him for the entire fight. I think the thing that bothered me the most was that Kalib didn't even try to mount any offense while Quarry was chasing him around with one arm making him look like a fool, he just kept running.

Post #22   4/21/08 2:52:26PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
that was funny, and if you run for 3 rounds you get what you get

Post #23   4/21/08 4:45:35PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
starnes made himself and quarry look boring as hell, i thing nate wanted to knock him out badly and get the bonus. i guess after 15 min you get frustrated and upset. starnes got what he deserved i thought it was clowning, made the fight a tad better, i think quarry should have chased him down and beaten the hell out of him. you have to remember also quarry wants to be in the title contention, he needs to stay on the main cards and not prelims, but i do think quarry next fight will be a main card.

Post #24   4/21/08 10:19:05PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I dont think that what Quarry did was classless at all. the poor guy was so frustrated, he just wanted to break his own tension, IMO. Really the guy(Quarry) trained hard for months only to have it all throw away by a PUNK!!! I really like Nate and hope he gets a legit fighter next time.

Post #25   4/21/08 10:39:14PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i think i can some this up:

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #26   4/21/08 10:43:31PM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:

Posted by Silent-Sir

Posted by EON

oh yeah he was classless, not the beligerant audience blatently booing non canadian fighters or starnes flicking quarry off and saying **** you

Right, because no U.S. crowd has ever booed a foreign fighter. I actually don't think the @!%# You was aimed at Quarry. It seemed to me like it was directed at someone else in the cage or possibly in the crowd.

I thought what Quarry did was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Starnes deserved every bit of it.

So you didnt catch my sarcasm????? of corse starnes deserved the taunting because he didnt even attack during the taunting and YES he did say **** you fagit to quarry, dont defend his trash mouth everybody watching saw it not just me.

BTW the Canadian audience was 10 times worse than fans from the U.S. or Britian combined. Booing when the canadian was getting dominated (never seen that kind of nationalism before, trashy) and booing in the introductions and weigh ins (also never seen someone boo at the weigh ins anywhere else)

Post #27   4/21/08 10:53:00PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I don't think it was classless... The guy was frustrated... As he should be... You train your ass off for how many weeks, and then show up to put it all to good use, and get this???

Anyone know the truth to the rumors that Starnes threw the fight because he was unhappy with the UFC's payscale / treatment of fighters... What I heard was that he was upset about Zuffa not helping out with medical bills after his last fight and was trying to "stick it to the man" so to say... Take that for what it's worth...

Post #28   4/22/08 9:28:42AM   

Silent-Sir

MMA Regular

Silent-Sir Avatar

Career:196-156
Chips:

Posted by EON

So you didnt catch my sarcasm????? of corse starnes deserved the taunting because he didnt even attack during the taunting and YES he did say **** you fagit to quarry, dont defend his trash mouth everybody watching saw it not just me.

BTW the Canadian audience was 10 times worse than fans from the U.S. or Britian combined. Booing when the canadian was getting dominated (never seen that kind of nationalism before, trashy) and booing in the introductions and weigh ins (also never seen someone boo at the weigh ins anywhere else)

And apparently you missed mine as well.

Booing when the canadian was getting dominated
If you're referring to the Starnes/Quarry fight, I think they were actually booing Starnes. If not, then which fight were you referring to?

I never said that Starnes didn't flip anyone off, what I said was that I didn't think it was directed at Quarry. An article over at MMAJunkie confirmed that it was directed at Quarry's corner when they questioned him about his lack of activity. I am absolutely NOT defending his actions. I think it was disgusting and no professional should ever conduct themselves in that manner.

I don't have a problem with the booing (from either country). It's called supporting your fighter, team, etc. and it is part of every sport. What I do have a problem with is when the crowd is disrespectful to the fighter following a victory/defeat. Which I personally didn't notice during the PPV. They actually cheered for the American fighters after the fights. They cheered Serra after his fight as well as Franklin (before and after) and Danzig (the guy's got a Canadian girlfriend, he can't be all bad. ). The only time I really noticed them booing after a fight was when they booed Starnes, and that was completely justified.

Last edited 4/23/08 10:30AM server time by Silent-Sir
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #29   4/22/08 3:36:10PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2