Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Quarry....Clowning or Classless??

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
I personally thought the last 30 seconds of the Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes fight was one of the funniest things to ever happen in the UFC. High Steppin' and the one armed man was too funny. Not to mention the Rocky 4 quote.
Was it too much or just plain fun??

Post #1   4/20/08 6:36:47PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
Starnes ran from him the whole fight, then after the fight was over and Starnes got made to look like an ass then he wanted to fight. I thought Quarry had every right to do what he did and Starnes should be released from his contact if he still has one

Post #2   4/20/08 6:47:09PM   

SerraLeben

Learning to Sprawl

SerraLeben Avatar

Career:14-10
Chips:
No it wasen't to much at all. If Quarry didn't do what he did than that fight would of been pure garbage. At least at the end everyone got some humor out of it.

Do you know how frustrating it must of been for Quarry, who traveled to Canada, to have to chase around Starnes for 15 minutes? The sad thing is Starnes was STILL back peddling during the running man and the one armed man taunts. It needed to be done because Starnes was being ridiculous.

Would of been hilarious if Starnes KO'd Quarry while doing the one armed man taunt.

Last edited 4/20/08 6:49PM server time by SerraLeben
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   4/20/08 6:48:19PM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Chips:
I agree Starnes was gave a very poor effort and his own country men could agree with that....He got boo'ed out of his own country for cryin out loud. Even though it was one of the two decisions of the night it was still my favorite fight! Nates kicks were nasty!

Post #4   4/20/08 6:50:23PM   

SerraLeben

Learning to Sprawl

SerraLeben Avatar

Career:14-10
Chips:

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

I agree Starnes was gave a very poor effort and his own country men could agree with that....He got boo'ed out of his own country for cryin out loud. Even though it was one of the two decisions of the night it was still my favorite fight! Nates kicks were nasty!

Really? Your favourite fight? I thought for sure that no one would come to liking that fight. Even though none of it was Quarry's fault it still kind of makes him look bad because of what Starnes did.

Post #5   4/20/08 7:05:56PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
Quarry was using Geek Fighting. A technique my brother taught me as a child. Seriosly though me and my brother used to do that as a kid and I about busted a gut when I saw Quarry do it

Last edited 4/20/08 10:09PM server time by chubbud22
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   4/20/08 7:07:34PM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SerraLeben

Really? Your favourite fight? I thought for sure that no one would come to liking that fight. Even though none of it was Quarry's fault it still kind of makes him look bad because of what Starnes did.

I guess the last 30 seconds just made it for me....The card was great all around though..Danzig vs. Bocek was a good one and the Bisping fight was fun to watch. I heard the undercards were great. Valasquez with a good knock out and Ed Herman was put to sleep. I'd like to see the undercards if anyone has a link.

Post #7   4/20/08 7:13:18PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by riceavenger

http://kalibstarnessucks.ytmnd.com/

HAHA THAT SITE IS GREAT

Post #8   4/20/08 7:27:40PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Well quarry had to keep the crowd entertained because im sure the crowd didnt want them to see quarry just chasing starnes. Gotta try and do something to spark some action.

Im suprised the ref didnt force starnes to engage or he will get a point taken away ala arlovski vs fabricio fight. interesting.

Post #9   4/20/08 8:01:17PM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well quarry had to keep the crowd entertained because im sure the crowd didnt want them to see quarry just chasing starnes. Gotta try and do something to spark some action.

Im suprised the ref didnt force starnes to engage or he will get a point taken away ala arlovski vs fabricio fight. interesting.

actually with the scoring at the end of the fight he didn't have many points to give up

30-24 and i think 30-26 man is that the most one sided scoring ever....it was well deserved in my opinion.

does anyone know a worse beat in scoring in the ufc?

Post #10   4/20/08 9:47:14PM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

actually with the scoring at the end of the fight he didn't have many points to give up

30-24 and i think 30-26 man is that the most one sided scoring ever....it was well deserved in my opinion.

I am pretty sure that is the only 30-24 score card ever.
Quarry is the man. I really want to see him fight Bisping next.

Post #11   4/20/08 10:26:31PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
Anyone hear a post-fight interview from Kalib as to why he ran around the octagon for 15 minutes? I just can't comprehend...I picked Kalib for the upset and he had no offense whatsoever. Nate was a good sport he said he didn't mean to disrespect his opponent who by the deserves to be disrespected.

Post #12   4/20/08 11:54:31PM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:

I personally thought the last 30 seconds of the Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes fight was one of the funniest things to ever happen in the UFC. High Steppin' and the one armed man was too funny. Not to mention the Rocky 4 quote.
Was it too much or just plain fun??

oh yeah he was classless, not the beligerant audience blatently booing non canadian fighters or starnes flicking quarry off and saying **** you

Post #13   4/21/08 12:33:28AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

I'm pretty sure that was officially the worst. Sakara vs. Sinosic had one judge score it 30-25, but that was at least a fight.

As for the Arlovski vs. Werdum fight, Herb did that because neither guy was engaging. Quarry was trying like hell to end that fight without being reckless about it, so you can't really do the same in that situation.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #14   4/21/08 12:34:25AM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,005-655
Chips:
I spilled my beer on myself when i seen that . then continued to laugh even harder until i was blue in the face. this was one of the most Shitty but memorable fights i have seen. Kind of reminds me when Crazy Hoarse KO'd
Yoshihiro Nakao for kissing him

Post #15   4/21/08 12:44:37AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2