Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Roy Jones Jr. Calls Dana White a little girl

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
Video interview with RJJ where he calls dana white a little girl! i agree with him whole heartidly

Video Link

Post #1   4/19/08 8:02:29PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
And of course Dana will respond with his usual bleep-filled rant.

Post #2   4/19/08 8:09:53PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

i can't wait

Post #3   4/19/08 8:10:57PM   

skatenate

MMA Regular

skatenate Avatar

Career:217-119
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

i was thinking the exact same thing.

Post #4   4/19/08 8:14:30PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,732-1,514
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This will definitely push Dana's buttons. Maybe Dana should let the fight happen...under one condition; they have to fight under MMA rules first.

Post #5   4/19/08 8:30:24PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
i know where dana is coming from though, I mean Anderson Silva is one of the top fighters out there if not the top fight of 185 in UFC the company that he is the president of. And do you think he wants anderson to get a chance of getting hurt in the boxing match and have to wait for anderson to defend his title and having boxing fans saying ufc fighters cant hang with boxers or some crap like that.

it's a smart business move for dana to not let the fight happen.

Post #6   4/19/08 8:38:21PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
man, i loved that interview and even my g/f is ranting aout how dana should let it happen.. its kinda funny. she called hima pussy.

Post #7   4/19/08 8:44:46PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i know where dana is coming from though, I mean Anderson Silva is one of the top fighters out there if not the top fight of 185 in UFC the company that he is the president of. And do you think he wants anderson to get a chance of getting hurt in the boxing match and have to wait for anderson to defend his title and having boxing fans saying ufc fighters cant hang with boxers or some crap like that.

He could make just as much of a smart business move out of letting the fight happen. The UFC is just too arrogant to coexist with other organizations, they don't seem to realize that MMA is an idea, not a brand.

Post #8   4/19/08 10:39:56PM   

ThePlague

O&A party rock

ThePlague Avatar

Career:1,406-801
Chips:
I think the ratings and attendance of other organizations has proven that the UFC is the brand and not MMA in general. The UFC has nothing to gain by leasing out their fighters, especially in this case, when all analysts give Silva very little chance of winning.

Post #9   4/20/08 1:45:42AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Even up the odds. K-1 rules. Make it happen RJJ and Dana

Post #10   4/20/08 3:26:25AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

He could make just as much of a smart business move out of letting the fight happen. The UFC is just too arrogant to coexist with other organizations, they don't seem to realize that MMA is an idea, not a brand.

What are you talking about? the fight with jones would be a boxing match, so this has nothing to do with the ufc wanting a monopoly on mma. The ufc has no reason to need to coexist with boxing in terms of moving fighters around ect. Its not really a smart move to let your star fighter go into a fight he'll most likely loose, and could get injured in. Not to mention he'll need a while to train and recover so he wouldnt be defending his title, or fighting for the ufc in a loooooong time. Plus, if its going to be a boxing match its going to be promoted by a boxing promotion so the ufc has absolutely nothing to make out of this fight, and a hell of a lot to loose. If jones wants to step into the octagon with anderson, fair play, let it happen. But to let anderson go and fight jones outside the ufc would be stupid.

Post #11   4/20/08 4:51:00AM   

iamqban

Learning to Sprawl

iamqban Avatar

Career:315-239
Camp: FIGHTQBAN
Chips:
I totally agree w/u ! Even though it will b an interesting match......I don't want UFC mixed with the world of professional boxing! No disrespect for boxing !

Post #12   4/20/08 10:35:53AM   

MikeyMikeMichaels

Learning to Sprawl

MikeyMikeMichaels Avatar

Career:653-449
Chips:
I wish a top boxer would go to ufc. NONE of them could hang. I think Anderson Silva has the most chance of beating a boxer out of all the UFC guys in an actual boxing match. That guy is the most accurate striker I have ever seen period, and he also knocks people around. It's easier to land a punch in a fight then an elbow, knee, or kick, so I think he could beat a boxer, but as far as beating Roy Jones Jr. thats definately most likely not going to happen. I just hate how everyone just dismisses MMA guys as not being able to box. Plus in mma you have to defend against everything, and in boxing it's just a puch you are looking for. It's not a science to me, its a partial MMA sparring session. Silva's a kickboxer too. He knows how to box. He's accurate. He's Patient. He can knock people out.

Did anyone watch that Fight Science: MMA thing I think it was on history channel or discovery or something, but anyway. They let a bunch of different fighters from all disciplines hit a crash test dummy (Including a heavyweight pro boxer), and out of all the disciplines our very own Bas Rutten of MMA hit harder then all of them, and harder then a car crash head on at 35 miles per hour.

So I think its possible.

Last edited 4/20/08 12:38PM server time by mikeymikemichaels
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   4/20/08 12:36:46PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,200-1,501
Chips:
Jones is an imbecile that has no clue.
Silva has a big head and needs to come back to Earth.
Dana White is just protecting the interests of Zuffa and the interests of all the UFC fans.
I wouldn't let Silva fight him either.
Dana White would have to be insane to let that fight happen...

Post #14   4/20/08 12:45:27PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Even up the odds. K-1 rules. Make it happen RJJ and Dana

i have been saying this since the rumors first started. make this a K-1 match as it would be middle ground for both fighters. Dana will only let Anderson do this if he can make money off of this...which he could....and if he thinks Anderson is going to win...which as a guy with a boxing background....he knows isn't likely if this is a boxing match. so i say make it a K-1 match with kicks, give Silva a much better chance (especially with knees). however, RJJ might not like the idea of knees so make it Kickboxing match with no knees so that both parties are satisfied. Dana just doesn't want his most dominant champion looking vulnerable at his height and a boxing match with RJJ would do just that imo.

Post #15   4/20/08 1:00:47PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2