Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gomi Hurt?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,837-1,127
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Several people over at Sherdog who watched Gomi warmup today were saying he doesn't look right and reportedly someone spoke with a Pride official who told him that Gomi either a knuckle or a finger on his hand while training a week ago. Take it with a grain of salt but this could be a huge development.

Current light-weight champion, Takanori Gomi, made his entrance amidst loud cheers from the audience. He greeted the crowd in Japanese, claiming that his purpose here is to win at the upcoming match against Nick Diaz and make a great show. Gomi immediately grabbed the fan's attention with a bit of humor as he mounted the ring with his gloves and said, "I can't fight with two right-handed gloves." Despite his rather short workout punching mitts, his appearance left the crowd satisfied. Gomi was pursued by a herd of fans asking for autographs and photo opportunities as he stepped down from the ring.

Why would he bring two right handed gloves? That makes zero sense.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 2/22/07 5:32PM server time by joemimic
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/22/07 5:29:01PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
yah in that pic his right hand looks awkward..

Post #2   2/22/07 8:08:04PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
So what is injured? That pic looks weird, might just be a awkward stance. Is there a red splotch on his right knuckle? Might be nothin. Who knows. the first post didnt really specifiy. If Gomi is hurt it could affect his fight with Diaz...... and my bankroll.

Post #3   2/22/07 8:20:42PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:
check his middle finger! (right hand)

Post #4   2/22/07 8:22:25PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Chips:
i am a gomi nuthugger so i must have an excuse if he loses.

Post #5   2/22/07 8:23:27PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

I know the feeling. Try being a Joe Riggs fan. Its hard work. He gets your hopes up, then somethin bad happens. Up and down, up and down. wow its a lot of work.

Post #6   2/22/07 8:32:44PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

I know the feeling. Try being a Joe Riggs fan. Its hard work. He gets your hopes up, then somethin bad happens. Up and down, up and down. wow its a lot of work.

I feel the same way about BJ Penn. Until this Gomi rumor is confirmed ( probably after thge fight if ever) I won't put a lot of stock in it.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   2/22/07 8:35:35PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

check his middle finger! (right hand)

nah! if its just a knuckle or finger it wont be so bad. hes gonna hit diaz in the face a dozen times and hurt it anyways so it wont make that much of a difference. its not like diaz can work on it to gain an advantage. theres gonna be so much striking in this fight all four hands are gonna be hurting for a while.

Post #8   2/22/07 8:36:31PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
hopefully it, if true, it won't affect things that much. his right hand looks red, but it's hard to say. nick is willing to strike (i think, he usually is) so he could numb it real fast or it could be a decider. hard to say wether it will have more of an affect (say than rich's against the crow) because it happened a bit out in prep for the fight rather than in it. my big pick is gomi, but I think it should be fight of the night.

Post #9   2/22/07 9:13:36PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

Ive got you beat hands down, I'm one of the only diehard Ken Shamrock fans left... it's been a rocky road this last few years...

Post #10   2/22/07 9:58:40PM   

RichBoy

MMA Regular

RichBoy Avatar

Career:387-201
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

Ive got you beat hands down, I'm one of the only diehard Ken Shamrock fans left... it's been a rocky road this last few years...

Lmao i remeber back at Sherdog u had all thems bets on Shammy lol. Damn that sucked your had a pretty nice record too.

Post #11   2/22/07 10:07:30PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RichBoy

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

Lmao i remeber back at Sherdog u had all thems bets on Shammy lol. Damn that sucked your had a pretty nice record too.

Yeah, I was the 1st champ too... damn my blind pride!

Post #12   2/22/07 10:08:39PM   

RichBoy

MMA Regular

RichBoy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by RichBoy

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

Yeah, I was the 1st champ too... damn my blind pride!

lol haha i bet u dont remeber me from there huh ? I was the reason for something very big there .

Post #13   2/23/07 1:19:20AM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RichBoy

Posted by richieb19

Posted by RichBoy

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

Yeah, I was the 1st
lol haha i bet u dont remeber me from there huh ? I was the reason for something very big there .

Nothing personal but it doesnt ring a bell... fill me in...

Post #14   2/23/07 1:46:26AM   

RichBoy

MMA Regular

RichBoy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Posted by RichBoy

Posted by richieb19

Posted by RichBoy

Posted by richieb19

Posted by madmarck

Posted by loller90278

Yeah, I was the 1st

Nothing personal but it doesnt ring a bell... fill me in...

Come on how could you forget i was part of the reson you guys got moved to the wasteland lol.

Post #15   2/23/07 2:22:29AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2