Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Paul Bradley discusses "TUF" departure

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
For Paul Bradley, everything was going along perfectly.

He was invited to compete on the seventh season of "The Ultimate Fighter," he won an elimination bout to earn a spot in the house, and he did it in convincing fashion. He was then drafted by UFC light heavyweight Quinton Jackson to be part of "Team Rampage" -- as a respectable third-round pick.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4162/paul-bradley-discusses-tuf-departure.mma

good read, the guy sounds like a real class act, hope he makes a name for himself in elitexc

Post #1   4/17/08 6:03:48PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
That sucks what happened to him, but I can totally understand why guys would not want to roll with him; Dana should have let the guys on the show vote on it. If they were cool with it then they should have let him stay IMO.

Post #2   4/17/08 6:36:29PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
the guys on the show wouldnt have wanted him to stay there if he had that crap on his neck.

Personally I dont think Paul was going to win the show he was just a wrestler like he showed in his fight to get into the house he just took the guy down and layed on top of him.

And as dana stated he didnt like someone like that. I don't mean to be mean, i just dont think he could win the whole show doing that, and i dont want to see someone win like that just taking guys down and winning via decision.

Post #3   4/17/08 7:23:55PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
for one.. i woulnt want to roll with him if he had herpes gladiatorum.. but i remember the derm doc saying herpes simplex... although.. anyone with a cold sore fuckiing has it.. so whatever

Post #4   4/17/08 7:35:08PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,889-1,010
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
what i dont get is yea he couldnt stay at the house but if hes fighting for elite xc y couldnt he fight at the finale ?

Post #5   4/17/08 7:43:41PM   

MJKerrigan

Learning to Sprawl

MJKerrigan Avatar

Career:186-108
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Reading that article, I get the feeling Dana was looking for an excuse to shitcan a boring, lay'n'pray fighter. As mentioned, staph infections have occurred on the show and no one was sent home because of it.

Post #6   4/17/08 8:09:29PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
staph isn't for life. herpes gladitorium is. they made the right decision.

i wouldnt roll with him, much less fight him.

Post #7   4/17/08 8:18:09PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,089-1,272
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by mikevolz

staph isn't for life. herpes gladitorium is. they made the right decision.

i wouldnt roll with him, much less fight him.

not me

Post #8   4/17/08 8:28:49PM   

MJKerrigan

Learning to Sprawl

MJKerrigan Avatar

Chips:
According to that interview, with meds it clears up within a few days, doesn't become contagious, and doesn't flare up again for another 6-12 months.

Staph can create massive holes in your muscle. This strain of herpes is just the equivolent of a cold sore

Post #9   4/17/08 8:34:02PM   

gravy13

Standup Guy

gravy13 Avatar

Career:347-224
Chips:

Posted by MJKerrigan

According to that interview, with meds it clears up within a few days, doesn't become contagious, and doesn't flare up again for another 6-12 months.

Staph can create massive holes in your muscle. This strain of herpes is just the equivolent of a cold sore

But there is no definite time limit that herpes stay away. They can resurface from stress. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you still catch certain strains of herpes even during times of no outbreak?

I think they made the right decision to send him home.

Post #10   4/17/08 9:12:26PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
He did seem like a damn nice guy but I have to agree with everyone. If I'm catchin herpes its not gonna be from this guy....maybe I can borrow Jenna from Tito...sorry off subject...I thought Bradley had potential so its cool he is getting another chance.

Post #11   4/17/08 11:40:37PM   

Gannon

MMA Regular

Gannon Avatar

Career:2,099-1,130
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I actually got this exact thing when I was in college wrestling. So did four other guys on the team. What made it different for me was I got it in my eye. I've almost had to have a cornea transplant a few times because of it. 10 years later I need to always take valtrex to ensure i don't have a breakout in my eye. It basically has cost me most of my sight in that eye. So yes its just a rash or a cold sore on the skin. Yet, get the crap in your eyes it can blind you.

Last edited 4/18/08 12:31AM server time by gannon
Edit note/reason: grammer

Post #12   4/18/08 12:28:34AM   

MJKerrigan

Learning to Sprawl

MJKerrigan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

He did seem like a damn nice guy but I have to agree with everyone. If I'm catchin herpes its not gonna be from this guy....maybe I can borrow Jenna from Tito...sorry off subject...I thought Bradley had potential so its cool he is getting another chance.

It's not that kind of herpes. It is not an STD. I think this is a key point people are missing.

Getting and spreading staph is far more serious then this strain of herpes. That's why Dana's reasoning doesn't add up.

Post #13   4/18/08 8:28:19AM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Chips:

Posted by Gannon

I actually got this exact thing when I was in college wrestling. So did four other guys on the team. What made it different for me was I got it in my eye. I've almost had to have a cornea transplant a few times because of it. 10 years later I need to always take valtrex to ensure i don't have a breakout in my eye. It basically has cost me most of my sight in that eye. So yes its just a rash or a cold sore on the skin. Yet, get the crap in your eyes it can blind you.

see and that's what i'm sure he was afraid of. Dana said himself that legally he couldn't keep another LnP, i mean he couldn't keep Paul on the show. Zuffa would be paying out medical bills + damages to these guys if a break out occured.

Post #14   4/18/08 9:06:25AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by babytater03

Posted by Gannon

see and that's what i'm sure he was afraid of. Dana said himself that legally he couldn't keep another LnP, i mean he couldn't keep Paul on the show. Zuffa would be paying out medical bills + damages to these guys if a break out occured.

Exactly...Dana wouldn't have a show if one by one the rest of the fighters started getting it (mild or not!).

Post #15   4/18/08 12:07:54PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2