Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What is next for Okami?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
Okami definately will be challenging for the middleweight title soon, i hope its 87

Post #16   4/17/08 5:19:05PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
Okami definitely gets Silva next. He'll lose, but I'm sure he'll put up a better fight than Franklin.

On another note, I would love to see Leben vs Henderson. Leben is great to watch, and if he beat Hendo (not a good chance) he'd probably get another shot at Silva.

Post #17   4/17/08 5:57:58PM   

aolverizon

Learning to Sprawl

Career:368-201
Chips:
Hopefully it's Silva.

I mean Okami is 6-1 in the UFC, with his only loss a UD to Rich Franklin in which ended in him taking Rich's arm home with him at the end of the night as a conselation prize.

But I think the most important thing to take into consideration is, who else is there to fight Silva that is more deserving then Okami? The only other contenders who Silva has not already beaten are Kampmann and Cote and they both are scheduled for fights upcoming fights.

Plus has'nt Dana promised Okami a multiple title shots before?

Post #18   4/19/08 5:06:49AM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
Well there hasn't been any news of a fight scheduled for either Okami or Silva, so maybe that will be coming up soon. But Henderson also hasn't had any fights lined up yet, so I am hoping he won't be fight Okami next, because Okami definitely deserves a title shot, I mean Henderson's first fight at MW was a title shot, Lutter won a reality show, and Marquardt had a FOUR fight win streak, at one point, Okami had 5? and they were quality opponents....

It is definitely time for Okami to get his shot, because he has the best chance of beating Silva. Silva hasn't gone out of the 2nd round, and Okami would be the only person able to push the fight to the later rounds. Okami has had 3 round grinds and lets see if Silva can handle it. Plus Silva has anger towards Okami and would love to have a rematch...

It just makes sense for Okami to get his title shot

Post #19   4/19/08 11:44:38AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2