Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fitch talks title shot, GSP/Serra 2, and more

Print  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Link

Our friends Chris Fries and The JDH of Tagg Radio's The Lights Out Show interviewed top UFC welterweight contender, Jon Fitch on their last show (volume 113). Jon is obviously very interested in this weekend's Serra/GSP fight, since he will likely be facing the winner. Here are some excerpts from the show.

FITCH ON GETTING A TITLE SHOT NEXT
"The only way I could see not getting a title shot is if they push the (Matt) Hughes vs (Matt) Serra fight for a title (if Serra beats St. Pierre)."

FITCH ON WHO WILL WIN SERRA/GSP 2
"St. Pierre is going to find a way to put him (Serra) away by the end of the second (round)."

FITCH ON MOVING UP IN WEIGHT
Many of you may not know, but Fitch has fought as big as 205, with many of his fights coming in at 185. Here's what he had to say when asked if he would consider moving up to 185 again when the time was right.

"Yeah. I don't want to fight the same six guys ten times. A lot of times rematches and trilogies are a waste. You got to mix it up a little bit."

Jon also speaks out on Karo Parisyan allegedly "ducking" Fitch before and if Karo deserved a title shot had he beaten Thiago Alves.

To hear the rest of this interview, tune into The Lights Out Show on the Tagg Radio Network at www.TaggRadio.com. Live shows every Tuesday and Thursday 8e/5p. Archive shows available to listen to anytime afterward at www.thelightsoutshow.com, www.iTunes.com, and www.myspace.com/thelightsoutshow.

Last edited 4/16/08 10:17PM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   4/16/08 10:16:53PM   

TheDamageDoctor

Learning to Sprawl

Career:13-13
Chips:
When you think "ooh right there..Knee!" Fitch lands a knee!
When you say "now drop an elbow!" Fitch does it!

Fitch WILL BE the next welterweight champ!

He may not have the stand up of GSP or the ground work of Serra, but the guy is just Dead F#$%&*g Game, and has the arsenal, cardio and balls to win it all!

Watching him fight, should be a lesson to all, when you think "offense".

He's probably my favorite fighter right now and I look forward to him de-railing his next opponent!

Post #2   4/17/08 12:29:15AM   

Tein_Lung

Banned

Career:92-57
Chips:
my only hang up with fitch id he only gone against Deigo as far as decent opponents.... will he really win against a real top 5 fighter?

Post #3   4/17/08 12:49:18AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:

Posted by TheDamageDoctor

When you say "Fitch STFU!" Fitch Better do it!

Last edited 4/17/08 1:33AM server time by RMFG_187
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   4/17/08 1:32:48AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by TheDamageDoctor

When you say "Fitch STFU!" Fitch Better do it!

:

Post #5   4/17/08 2:16:35AM   

Near07

MMA Regular

Near07 Avatar

Career:2,004-1,466
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Did you not watch Fitch's last fight against Chris Wilson?? Wilson is no where near a top 5 fighter and Fitch had a hard time with him. I like Fitch and think he will improve but I'm not sure he will be the welter weight champ anytime soon. I agree it may be a good fight with either Gsp/Serra but he is a few levels below GSP and Gsp would GNP him out. As for Serra i think Fitch could beat him, but it would be a tough fight. Before you write back well Serra beat GSP so how could Fitch not beat gsp and beat Serra...styles make fights and evey fight is different, as we have seen many times over..Silva beating Rampage 2x/Rampage beating Chuck/Chuck beating Silva...Forrest beating Shogun.. and on and on

Post #6   4/17/08 3:34:08AM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:
kos would dominate fitch

Post #7   4/17/08 5:59:23AM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by Tein_Lung

my only hang up with fitch id he only gone against Deigo as far as decent opponents.... will he really win against a real top 5 fighter?

my hang up is that he is becoming a dick

Post #8   4/17/08 7:02:59AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Tein_Lung

Have you even looked at his record and seen who he's beaten? Thiago Alves, Diego, Josh Burkman, Brock Larson. He's battle tested and obviously deserves a title shot.

He will beat GSP, watch it happen!

Post #9   4/17/08 8:10:34AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Fitch is all lay and pray. I don't think he will trouble with Serra but GSP will be too much.

Fitch vs Kos would be amazing to watch

Post #10   4/17/08 12:20:08PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
kos would beat fitch. fitch will get his shot but he will lose if its gsp and win if its serra. i thought he looked good against carneiro but not so good against wilson.

Post #11   4/17/08 4:48:02PM   

TheDamageDoctor

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
Unlike Fitch becoming, Kos is not becoming a dick, he always was and always will be a total dick!

As far Kos beating Fitch, it will never happen. Fitch will K.O. Kos with a knee while stuffing his puss ass takedowns!

So many guys don't protect themselves in professional MMA, and Josh is one of them.

Yes Kos is a superb athlete, but doesn't have good enough stand up to beat Fitch. If it goes to the ground, I see Fitch getting the reversal and droppin els on puss bag's face! Good night Kos!

Post #12   4/17/08 10:15:47PM   

TheDamageDoctor

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
Fitch ?! Lay and Pray?! !
What fights are you watching?!
That boy is dominantly offensive and quite relentless.

Post #13   4/17/08 10:18:22PM   

TheDamageDoctor

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
I don't think anytime SOON either for going up a weight class and winning it all. But, if you watch ALL his other fights, besides Wilson, he has what it takes to become a great champion.

Post #14   4/17/08 10:23:30PM